GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, if AH was sitting there practicing Laura's signature, that could be where the indented writing came from.

I wonder how many documents they had from the custody battle that had Laura's signature on it. I will say, Grant has pretty girly handwriting. And what's odd about that (for me personally) is I know someone who has very violent tendencies (spent time in prison for it even), and he has girly handwriting too. Hmmm. Interesting.

I love the way the defense opens up questioning with the slimey aside ' I just want to clear up a few things'

What exactly don't you understand Mr Lawyer?

BBM

How to defend a killer?

:drumroll:

Ann Ross. Professor and forensic anthropology.

Gah...he really chopped her up. All of the C vertebrae are in the neck.

My God, seriously, he cut her into little bitty pieces. That took a LOT of time. I'm sick. Ugh.

Oh, my GOD...stab wound in the neck? Or did he try to use a knife first instead of the saw?

My heart is breaking for Laura's family. This is devastating to hear.

I think some of this is contradictory to what Dr. Mambo testfied to. IIRC Dr. M said that he put ink on the cuts he made in autopsy so that you could tell cuts he made versus cuts made by dismemberment. Obviously there were no ink marks when arrived in NC because this witness was asked to try to distingusih the two types of cuts. Think he was confused!

I had an interruption and missed what her conclusion was about the Skil saw. Did she say anything about this?

After watching Casey's trial, I am glad they are splitting up the technical testimony. This last bit about her remains will definitely leave a lasting impression on how brutal this crime was.

Hugs to Laura's family. I'm so sorry.

I had an interruption and missed what her conclusion was about the Skil saw. Did she say anything about this?

Not a match to the 9401, All Purpose Blade @ Speed 6.

MATCH to 94061, Wood/Fast Saw Blade @ Speed 5.

I have screen shots to illustrate. Give me just a few to upload.

The anthropologist was able to positively identify the exact saw blade that made the cuts on LA's proximal femur. She used the same type and brand of reciprocating saw as did the killers and she tested 2 or 3 blades that came with the saw. Under high powered magnification she looked at LA's bone with striations and then a proxy bone where they tested different blades.

Conclusion: LA was dismembered with the same Skil saw model that GH purchased and one of the specific blades within that package.

Top photo is Laura. Bottom photo is the pig cadaver.

Not a match to the 9401, All Purpose Blade @ Speed 6.

MATCH to 94061, Wood/Fast Saw Blade @ Speed 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966