GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what the age difference is between KB and AH?

Good morning everybody!

I believe it is 6 years NC.
At some point someone said he was 33 and she was 39, possibly at the time of the murder, not sure.

ETA- On Aug. 29th this year he was 34 and she was 41, so it would be 7 years (They have the same Bday, IIRC).

She looks to me like she just wants out that chair, to get away for a stiff drink.

:floorlaugh: and I wouldn't blame her for that.

I can see her slinging back some 'Wild Boar' without a hitch! :floorlaugh:

Hey Nymeria, if you like catchy tunes check out my signature links.
All written by my aforementioned law abiding wee brother. Extremely catchy after a few listens.

Poll:

Is Karen Berry being evasive to the DT or is she truly in shock from what happened over 2 years ago?

What do you think? I'm truly curious.

EVASIVE. IMO. Totally evasive, she is trying to have it both ways....yes, I told LE everything, but oh no, I actually didn't know anything b/c I didn't ask any questions.

Did you guys catch the part where she said GH and AH asked her (after already having told her something real BAD happened to Laura), asked her if she knew of any land with large holes in it, what about her well (no, not that kind of hole), what about septic tank (KB says she told them that's not a good idea), and then later she added, yeah and they said what about the creek? She specifically said creek as in conjuction with land, well, septic tank, as in they were obviously ALL THREE brainstorming ideas of where to hide the body.

Thenn....later she says, oh no, they just asked me to use the boat 'cause you know, they had said they wanted to go fishing. Oh yea, they wanted to go fishin'. Oh no, I had no idea what they were doing, I thought they were fishing.

BS, that lady KNEW exactly what they went out to do on that boat.

I believe it is 6 years NC.
At some point someone said he was 33 and she was 39, possibly at the time of the murder, not sure.

ETA- On Aug. 29th this year he was 34 and she was 41, so it would be 7 years (They have the same Bday, IIRC).

I believe she is asking the sisters age difference KB & AH. The only answer I have is that AH is the baby of the family and had the same mother and different fathers. KB said she was already out on her own and they never lived in the same house with parent when growing up. My impression is at least 10 or more years difference.

Do you guys think that the defense knew that KB was going to say that AH told her she was covering for GH? If they knew this, why did they call her & consider what AH told her a "confession"? I am really confused by this.

LOL! I have no idea!! It's all so strange. Maybe they are just throwing stuff out there to kinda confuse the jurors? Like, now I bet they don't 100% believe KB, but it's just another set of words out there that might confuse them a little bit.

I think we can all agree that no one would look forward to having their family and themselves dragged into an awful murder case like this woman finds herself in. I would hate if one of my sisters ever committed such a crime but I would NOT help point out deep holes or places in the creek that are deep. I would not turn a blind eye to what is right. I would remember who said what and I would reach out to an atty. I guess because I am not a see no evil, hear no evil. And I think that is exactly what this woman is. IMO she is the type of person that if she saw you bleeding on the side of the road she would not see you because she doesn't want to have to be involved.

The problem I have with this witness is her demeanor and her agenda. I believe she answers with an axe to grind. I don't know if there is sibling rivalry. If her she sees her sister AH as beautiful and able to attract men with one look? I don't know.

But the animosity this woman has for her sister is very apparent to me. No wonder this woman's husband would rather take on wild boars...

Hey Nymeria, if you like catchy tunes check out my signature links.
All written by my aforementioned law abiding wee brother. Extremely catchy after a few listens.

Bookmarked your post, will check them out later today!
Thanks JB :seeya:

I can't say why I feel this way because I don't know exactly, but I really think she was a little of both. I don't think she was intentionally holding back or trying to be evasive, since she has from the beginning been very cooperative with LE, she knows what's at stake. I can't imagine the shock of hearing that your sister did these things. To me, she still looked stunned, ashamed, embarrassed, sad and angry. I just can't stand in judgement of her because I can't imagine what the last 2 years have been like for that family, knowing what position GH & AH put them in, not to mention the fact of what happened on and around their land. I DON'T think that KB had anything to do with it. GH & AH cleaned up pretty good and really tried to cover this up, I think they wanted as few loose ends as possible, so I really don't think they would have given anyone details that could have come back to them. I think they were very vague. I also think that KB knew what was up or speculated, but didn't want to directly ASK. She may have also been scared of GH. They had just brutally murdered someone and she had a pretty good idea they had, so there could be many reasons she stayed quiet.

As an aside, I'm ready for this to be over. This has been sad and painful. I pray for justice for Laura. A friend of mine is the cameraman for WRAL and he said this was the most gruesome trial he has been a part of. I pray that none of us have to endure another one like it, but sadly... it seems society is getting more and more depraved :(

bbm

Thanks for sharing that info..

EVASIVE. IMO. Totally evasive, she is trying to have it both ways....yes, I told LE everything, but oh no, I actually didn't know anything b/c I didn't ask any questions.

Did you guys catch the part where she said GH and AH asked her (after already having told her something real BAD happened to Laura), asked her if she knew of any land with large holes in it, what about her well (no, not that kind of hole), what about septic tank (KB says she told them that's not a good idea), and then later she added, yeah and they said what about the creek? She specifically said creek as in conjuction with land, well, septic tank, as in they were obviously ALL THREE brainstorming ideas of where to hide the body.

Thenn....later she says, oh no, they just asked me to use the boat 'cause you know, they had said they wanted to go fishing. Oh yea, they wanted to go fishin'. Oh no, I had no idea what they were doing, I thought they were fishing.

BS, that lady KNEW exactly what they went out to do on that boat.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

How I wish she could be hauled in for obstructing justice...

Anyone sensing desperation from the defense? :please:

Because of course hearing about the children's bowel movements is going to prove GH didn't murder LA? Ugh.

Had to take a break from streaming, not sure who is on the witness stand but making him read out loud seems cruel.

I can't say why I feel this way because I don't know exactly, but I really think she was a little of both. I don't think she was intentionally holding back or trying to be evasive, since she has from the beginning been very cooperative with LE, she knows what's at stake. I can't imagine the shock of hearing that your sister did these things. To me, she still looked stunned, ashamed, embarrassed, sad and angry. I just can't stand in judgement of her because I can't imagine what the last 2 years have been like for that family, knowing what position GH & AH put them in, not to mention the fact of what happened on and around their land. I DON'T think that KB had anything to do with it. GH & AH cleaned up pretty good and really tried to cover this up, I think they wanted as few loose ends as possible, so I really don't think they would have given anyone details that could have come back to them. I think they were very vague. I also think that KB knew what was up or speculated, but didn't want to directly ASK. She may have also been scared of GH. They had just brutally murdered someone and she had a pretty good idea they had, so there could be many reasons she stayed quiet.

As an aside, I'm ready for this to be over. This has been sad and painful. I pray for justice for Laura. A friend of mine is the cameraman for WRAL and he said this was the most gruesome trial he has been a part of. I pray that none of us have to endure another one like it, but sadly... it seems society is getting more and more depraved :(

Good post! I agree and my heart goes out to her as well.

This reading news reports and email exchanges is worthless. I hope the def. doesn't plan to have the det. read each and every one from Jan. thru July/11. Lord help us all.

Anyone sensing desperation from the defense? :please:

Because of course hearing about the children's bowel movements is going to prove GH didn't murder LA? Ugh.

Yeah. A good parent doesn't kill their children's mother.

I believe she is asking the sisters age difference KB & AH. The only answer I have is that AH is the baby of the family and had the same mother and different fathers. KB said she was already out on her own and they never lived in the same house with parent when growing up. My impression is at least 10 or more years difference.

Well... imagine if I payed attention to detail!
Sorry NC, jumped right to Grant & Amanda.

Ooh we're getting "confused" again.

"They told me" Amanda was dead. In that Tuesday morning conversation. Then Boz states, "They told you Amanda was dead?" Then KB backtracks & says, "I'm confused. I don't know what your question is."

Omg, I didn't see that part (missed early part this morning). from what the prosection read yesterday, she had also told detectives that they told her Laura was dead. Yet now she's confused about, you know, that whole 'dead ' part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966