GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reading news reports and email exchanges is worthless. I hope the def. doesn't plan to have the det. read each and every one from Jan. thru July/11. Lord help us all.

I was just about to ask you guys what is the point of this?

I saw just the first few minutes of Detective Faulk being recalled by the DT. Reading online news articles. Why? To what benefit does that bring to GH?

Do you guys think that the defense knew that KB was going to say that AH told her she was covering for GH? If they knew this, why did they call her & consider what AH told her a "confession"? I am really confused by this.

Without calling GH to the stand, the defense has zero to support GH's assertion that Amanda is the killer (i.e., and he's not). It's all they have. Shooting for reasonable doubt, even with the AH head nodding part. IMO.

I will miss him too, and this is my first exposure to him!
There is something about his voice and demeanor, I find him very soothing.
Yesterday I was just listening and not watching. I was working on a PC with my son, and I said to him this judge is the "Southern Barry White". Could listen to him all day long.
I also have this weird, grampa type crush on him :blushing:
(He may not be that old, it's just the grey hair, authority thing, lol).

PS- Scary side not...Both myself and my son were humming "Broomstick Rider" and singing the chorus for at least a couple hours after it played. Not that it is or would ever have been a mega-hit, but it did have a catchiness to it.
Wish I had never heard it :facepalm:[/QUOTE
]

:scared::scared::scared:
Unfortunately, I agree. Too bad he wasted his potential - not only brutally did what he did to Laura, ruined his kid's lives, ruined his parents lives, ruined Laura's family life, ruined KB's life, etc. etc.. When he could've just gone on making his little songs and living his life....

I saw just the first few minutes of Detective Faulk being recalled by the DT. Reading online news articles. Why? To what benefit does that bring to GH?

I can't see any importance of any of it unless it's just to prove that GH was the 'perfect' father.
The reading is driving me insane.
Oh dear, here comes another one.
pat

Oh FTLOG would someone object already? What is the point here? I see no direction... everyone has to be getting frustrated at this last desperate attempt to show GH as an "angel" :banghead:

I can't see any importance of any of it unless it's just to prove that GH was the 'perfect' father.
The reading is driving me insane.Oh dear, here comes another one.
pat

*BBM*
It is p*issing off Det. Faulk too, did you see that face and eye roll he just threw out there?! He is trying to keep it cool, poor guy.

Did anyone notice LA brother yesterday sitting in the same row as his father but at the other end.....just wondering if he is being recalled by the defense or is he just watching the rest of the trial.

Didn't see him in the courtroom after he testified for the State until now.

Anyone know WHY Det. Faulk is the one chosen to read all of this?
Am I or have I missed some big tip off somewhere along the way?

Could someone please let the defense know that this trial is about a murder, not about who was the better parent? It's actually making me mad the direction he is taking this. It makes NO sense. He wrote songs about KILLING her. He and his wife chopped her up, we saw him buying the saw to do it. He drove to Texas, and threw her in a creek. I don't give a crap about what kind of parent he was. I think murdering the mother of your children pretty much negates all of this. I'm sorry... but this guy is really pis$ing me off.

*BBM*
It is p*issing off Det. Faulk too, did you see that face and eye roll he just threw out there?! He is trying to keep it cool, poor guy.

He did a great job on this case. I love him for that.

I don't know about the news articles (zoned out), but I think these e-mails are maybe to show that hey, Grant was SO willing to cooperate with Laura, whenever Laura asked to see the kids, he would agree. And oh yea, they had such a "cool" relationship, they would send videos of their kids to each other, etc..

Anyone know WHY Det. Faulk is the one chosen to read all of this?
Am I or have I missed some big tip off somewhere along the way?

Nah, I think the defense figures this is the only way they can get back at the cops for arresting their client. Poor Det. Faulk, this is mind-numbing.

The news articles were read I believe, to try and discredit the snitch. However, they were online articles that have been updated constantly over the last 2+ years, so I don't know why that would be allowed. There is no proof that the news articles stated anything about strangulation prior to June 2012.

What a huge waste of time. I hope BH can recover something worthwhile during her cross.

OH yes. I get it now.

Reading these offerings over emails of GH "helping" Laura by letting her keep her own children is going to overshadow the fact that GH:

*wrote & recorded a song about killing Laura
*lured Laura to Raleigh
*killed her
*calmly shopped for a skil saw at 2am to cut her body up
*shopped for coolers & ice
*rented a Uhaul
*drove Laura's chopped up remains in coolers 17 hours to TX with 3 children in the car
*bought acid
*poured acid over her face & skull
*dumped her remains in a hot creek in TX hoping alligators would eat her
*drove 17 hours back home to NC within appx. 52 hours of arriving in TX

Did anyone notice LA brother yesterday sitting in the same row as his father but at the other end.....just wondering if he is being recalled by the defense or is he just watching the rest of the trial.

Didn't see him in the courtroom after he testified for the State until now.

It is my understanding that there has always been discord within the siblings/children of Laura's family towards their father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds