GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's wearing all white again, must be trying to send a subliminal message about his purity, ha! He & attorneys are all smiles! Yuck!

Greetz, Peeps!

Well, there he is -- I'm surprised he hasn't sprouted wings on his angel t-shirt -- cuz I'm hoping that's the only way he gets outta this room today!!

Let's see what happens...

Justice for Laura!!

Here comes da jury!

The only way I know to find a particular defendant or victim for info or for a trial, etc., is to go to the facility at the top of a regular WS page, toward the right-hand side and use the "Search" command. Once you have found what you want, "Subscribe" to it under "Thread Tools" -- as you've prolly figured by now. The subscription facility it will alert you to postings, etc. Also, your subscriptions will be listed under "Quick Links" for ease in finding them when you wish.

menu_open.gif
...... Quick Links
menu_open.gif

If there is a better way, someone jump in, please!

bbm

Borndem, thank for the "subscribe" tip....I did not about that :blushing::blushing:

Oh ye of little faith...

He'll be convicted or at the very least there will be a hung jury. He will not be walking out a free man. No how, no way. It's time to put away the Casey Anthony case once and for all. This is not that.

Did the jury just get there? Can someone give me a quick update? TIA

LOL @ Judge Stephens...

"It's not like TV...there is no transcript available."

Oh my goodness...these jurors are quite vocal and it's making me very nervous. (But wait, I was already nervous!)

I hope they're not overly.....

Why would anyone be nervous because jurors have questions? This is exactly what they should be doing -- getting clarification on how to proceed, what they'll have available as they deliberate, etc, etc. I'd be nervous if the jurors had no questions and tried to guess their way through.

( oops, judge said the 3 alternates names on camera.)

Would it be in contempt of court to give the judge a hug? I just really want to give him a hug cause he's awesome. (that's me wondering... no one has asked that). :rockon:

IIRC, he sent several messages to people about moving back to VI because he couldn't make a living here. Even one of the emails presented in court to a friend that still lived there, asking if there would be work for his wife down there. He wasn't moving to Kinston, that was part of the "plan". He had every intention of moving back to VI and once he saw the psych eval he realized that was NOT going to happen. I think that is the crux of it all. He worked SO hard to tarnish Laura and make himself look like the angel parent but the psych saw past all of that. Then panic ensued and he realized if he stayed here, he might actually have to get a *gasp*, JOB :scared:

Thanks, Crazytown. He knew Laura wanted to have contact with those kids, no way she was just gonna let him leave with them and go live somewhere where she would only see them 2x/year.

These things are so sad, not just the murder but someone who is in the situation where the ex simply wants to take the kids and doesn't care, like that blonde actress (forget her name, I think she's in Gossip Girl), whose husband was French or something, they got divorced and the husband took the kids to France. Now they're having bitter custody battle to see who gets to keep the kids, either way one parent will be halfway 'round the globe.

When the jury deliberates WRAL usually does not come back with live coverage if the jury has questions for the judge or wants to see evidence. They usually just tweet the news. Does anyone know if WRAL has changed this policy?

WTVD - ABC 11 usually does come back live.

Unfortunately the ABC stream does not run on my iPad, so I might miss it if they come back live. I hope someone here can keep an eye on the ABC coverage for us.

Weren't they supposed to reschedule Abaroa's next trial daate some time in Sept? That's now, and I haven't heard a thing???

No, very helpful folks told me it's schedule for January as of now.

Think they will have a verdict before lunch?

My first gut reaction was by COB today.

However, I wouldn't be shocked if they chose to sleep on it overnight & came in w/ a verdict no later than lunch tomorrow.

I agree! Saying he was moving to Kinston was part of his master plan. It made it look like he was just "bending over backwards". to help LA. Once LA "disappeared" after taking the $25000, he could pull out the document saying she was not going to seek custody. He thought this would allow him to move to VI w/ the kids. Again, he was counting on her body never being found so she would just be labeled as missing. If they had dumped her body one piece at a time while in route to Texas, they might have gotten away w/ it. Thank heavens they were over confident w/ their plan. I have to hand it to them on their cleaning of the apartment, coolers, etc. They did a good job with that part. Hope the jury wipes that grin off his face today by finding him guilty!

bbm

Omg, I cannot even think about that situation.

When the jury deliberates WRAL usually does not come back with live coverage if the jury has questions for the judge or wants to see evidence. They usually just tweet the news. Does anyone know if WRAL has changed this policy?

Unfortunately the ABC stream does not run on my iPad, so I might miss it if they come back live. I hope someone here can keep an eye on the ABC coverage for us.

I wasn't aware that was WRAL's policy. I say we nominate CrazytownUSA to txt her friend Chad and give him a virtual kick to wake up and turn on the feed when there are questions! ;)

That said, I'll keep a tab on ABCnews. I'm in the office so I'm not sure if the ABC feed will stay live--it often times out for me in 5 min.

I can still hear the audio and it's driving me crazy that I can't see anything.

WAT is still streaming with the Great Seal of the State of NC showing.

IIRC, they are using ABC 11's stream.

I'll have to cut out this afternoon around 230pm EST for my daughter's volleyball game. Until then, if I hear any rousing, I'll send up fireworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog