GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I mistaken? Is she alluding to the fact that Laura wasn't dead yet before dismemberment?

Yes, he kept other inmates from attacking GH. Were friendly during their stay in the same facility (not long).

Interesting information.

I gathered he is a jailhouse informant?

It's a little tough for me to hear this afternoon. I don't know if he's still incarcerated or not.

Thank you. I'm glad the Judge is allowing him to use 'hearsay' to tell the story.

It this witness is to believed (and I do), this is clearly pre-meditation. I do not recall why NC took death penalty off of the table?

One type of hearsay that is permissible is when it goes against the interest of the defendant. It can't bolster his version of the story. It can harm him.

Of course, the believability of inmates is usually put in question by the defense.

It this witness is to believed (and I do), this is clearly pre-meditation. I do not recall why NC took death penalty off of the table?

I thought there was no capital punishment in NC -- but I am crazy, so could be wrong.

Usually when there are kids involved the state seems to pass on seeking the death penalty. Yes NC has the death penalty.

Something about the dynamic of the 2 defense attorneys seems off to me. They don't even speak to one another. Or I haven't seen them, not as in other trials.

so did they leave off with the inmate and is that who is gonna be there in the morning?

Lack of assertiveness, poor judgement, immaturity, sense of helplessness....these were terms the doc used to describe Laura.

All signs of poor past relationships. Hello GH. Father of her children. Person who told her they were married.

Laura realizing that those boys needed her---- Needed her to be strong. Needed her to be a role model. Needed their mommy to be stable. THAT's what changed her. Yes, it may of took her a little while to realize that, but she was on her way. She was now charging ahead & driving in the fast lane to make the best Laura she could be. Getting to know herself for probably the first time in her life.

Gosh I'm sitting here at work in tears thinking of this. I went through this myself. It is quite possibly the most empowering thing that's ever happened to me. GH SAW THIS. He knew he was losing control of Laura. He knew she was caring less & less about him. She was caring about those boys, not him. He knew he would lose those boys at the next custody hearing. He had to stop it.

Beautifully said, AnonD -- thinking of you in tears and memories brought tears to my eyes. It does sound like she stood up, in a manner of speaking, for the first time -- just how you said it. And once a mother bear is aware of danger to her babies, the world can't dim her determination. Bless her heart. They got her, yes they did.
icon8.gif

How many times have we seen this, and seen this and seen this?

Makes me wanna holler, and throw up both my hands.

I stand corrected. I wonder then why the state didn't seek it? Mind you, I am 100% opposed to it, but am curious as to why they didn't go for it.

Other than for the sake of the children, if ever a case was ripe for the death penalty this is it, in my opinion. And AH's too. I don't care if she just stood there and nursed Lily during the murder and subsequent dismemberment, she is just as guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966