GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By mid-day Friday, Wake County prosecutors and defense attorneys had seated 12 jurors and an alternate. They were expected to finish jury selection, adding another two alternate jurors, by the end of the day.

WRAL.com will provide live video of the trial daily once it begins.

bbm

http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-trial-expected-to-begin-monday/13325393/

They have only seated one alternate according to this article. The rest is kind of old news.

Well, Sleuthers, I'm back!! I was out this am for a 9:30--11:45 morning class. Looks like we're in a good situation re time -- didn't take too long. And we've got a core jury + 1.

Thanks to all for keeping me posted!! A big Thanks!

I would rather see 4 alternates on this case rather than just 3 -- it worries me a bit. I've seen one jury down to no alternates and I was nervous every morning -- I just knew that one would not show up, which at least would have delayed the trial for that day, but they made it -- to a guilty verdict, no less. IMO, seating this jury didn't take that long. Oh, well, we'll see.

I am still intrigued about the jailhouse phone call CD. Hmmmmm. And about AH's alibi. And about their explanation of the bleach spot. And where did the shower curtain go? IIRC, one was there and then, whoop-there-it-is, it was gone. And will GH take the stand in his all-white pj's and tell us the real story? AND, will she take the stand and explain what happened that evening? -- seems like she would have to.... With GH out of the room, she is the only other living adult who knoze...
icon6.gif

BC gets a new trial. State Supreme Court declined to hear the appeal from the state. News on WRAL.

Haven't read anything since Friday noon's WRAL report? Does anyone know if all the alternates were selected and if the trial begins first thing Monday morning? We have been waiting a long time for a live trial.

Monday! YASSSSSSSSSSS and to think I am a few steps away from finishung my mental health paper, this is a treat lol was worried it would come a bit further in the week, Thanks for the updates folks...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

Haven't read anything since Friday noon's WRAL report? Does anyone know if all the alternates were selected and if the trial begins first thing Monday morning? We have been waiting a long time for a live trial.

The last I saw was a Tweet that said they had not agreed on the alternate's. They were to continue on Monday to select the alternate's and with the opening statement's. I can't find an article though.

Found the tweet:

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ Jan 24
Jury selection for the alternates will continue Monday morning for #AmandaHayes and then opening statements..

the last i saw was a tweet that said they had not agreed on the alternate's. They were to continue on monday to select the alternate's and with the opening statement's. I can't find an article though.

Found the tweet:

Trial diva jen ™ ‏@trialdivasj jan 24
jury selection for the alternates will continue monday morning for #amandahayes and then opening statements..

*sigh*

Just heard on the news: "Opening statements could begin today.....attorneys hope to finish selecting alternate jurors today..."

From WTVD in Raleigh.

I'm guessing Wes doesn't know yet? He says opening statements at 9:30. We'll see, I suppose.

https://twitter.com/WolfeReports

Hopefully they finished Friday at the end stages of the alternate selection (with just defense questions left) and it'll go quick this morning. Wes is going to be there, isn't he? I hope he has his twitter fingers all warmed up, we got a little spoiled with Bryan's fast & furious updates on Thurdays. lol

LOL! We sure did! I hope Bryan fills in on some days. He's great and informative, at least the best one can be in a limited venue such as Twitter.

CC ‏@courtchatter 16m

@WhoopTV has a reporter in the courtroom at #AmandaHayes trial. Amanda is wearing peach colored top. Questioning male juror at the moment.

CC ‏@courtchatter 4m

Defense is talking to possible juror in #AmandaHayes. Giving him the background. Charges 1st degree murder and Accessory after the fact.

https://twitter.com/courtchatter

Another twitter account to watch: https://twitter.com/whoopcourttv

Hopefully they finished Friday at the end stages of the alternate selection (with just defense questions left) and it'll go quick this morning. Wes is going to be there, isn't he? I hope he has his twitter fingers all warmed up, we got a little spoiled with Bryan's fast & furious updates on Thurdays. lol
Good morning WS Friends!
Last week, I tweeted Bryan to give Wes some tweeting lessons.:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members