GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CC ‏@courtchatter 2m

Next potential juror - 20 something black female. #AmandaHayes

THANK GOODNESS! Just a few more hours. For me, Trial withdrawal is not a pretty thing!:facepalm:

Yay 2pm c ya then peeps! Yesterday was the first day I began to feel better, What a long haul it's been!! Listening to a live trial will be awesome, helps keep my mind occupied. I think AH's eyes, her windows to her soul, look to be....crazy like a fox. Not insane mind you, JMO that she looks off. I will be interested in watching her body language.

LOL, wow! Even the Virgin Islands are tweeting about it.

US Virgin Islands ‏@USVInews 6m

#StJohn Tradewinds: Amanda Hayes Murder Trial Begins January 27; Jury Selection Finished http://bit.ly/1eaAz6G #usvi

Oh: I'm not 100% positive but I think there may be a live feed for a trial in AZ starting this morning if they got jury selection out of the way.

Wes Wolfe ‏@WolfeReports · 4m
And, we're done with the alternates. #ackerson

CC ‏@courtchatter 1m

Young black female was 3rd alt chosen in #AmandaHayes. Jury complete. Opening statements at 2pm EST.

Oh no.....

CC ‏@courtchatter 1m

Jury drama in #AmandaHayes. Juror #8's employer does not want her to serve. May replace her with alt and choose another alt. Stay tuned.

Juror No. 8: White female. Oncology nurse attached to Rex Hospital. Asked if she's ever met a pathological liar; she answers yes, husband of former coworker who served in Afghanistan. Testifies that friend who was married to pathological liar had 2 wives at the same time; "he was very charismatic ..." "He was just a homeboy from Tennessee." Juror No. 8 says friend's ex-husband concealed second marriage for 14 years. When she was younger, Juror No. 8 was a paralegal specializing in medical cases in Charleston, S.C

Oh no.....

CC ‏@courtchatter 1m

Jury drama in #AmandaHayes. Juror #8's employer does not want her to serve. May replace her with alt and choose another alt. Stay tuned.

I just saw that on my twitter feed, and then couldn't get back on WS. :panic:

I hope we don't have a bunch of hiccups while the trial is going on!

Oh: I'm not 100% positive but I think there may be a live feed for a trial in AZ starting this morning if they got jury selection out of the way.

JA's friend Marissa DeVault?
I wondered if that would be live streamed. OF COURSE it would be and would start the same day as Ms. Hayes :facepalm:
Maybe with the time difference I can watch a bit of the AZ one also :)

Both trials/legal proceedings will be recorded so you can rewatch or watch the one you didn't get to see, later on. WRAL keeps each days' proceedings on their site in the trials they cover. And someone on YouTube uploads all the Arias proceedings that are streamed.

Not to worry, you will be able to watch both.

Per WRAL this morning:

"Court was in recess until 2 p.m., when it will reconvene and take up a matter involving one of the jurors, whose employer wrote to the court, asking for her to be excused because her absence from work would be a hardship."

JA's friend Marissa DeVault?
I wondered if that would be live streamed. OF COURSE it would be and would start the same day as Ms. Hayes :facepalm:
Maybe with the time difference I can watch a bit of the AZ one also :)

Yes thank you! I couldn't remb the spelling of her name :blushing: lol Wouldn't that just be the case, no trials for like...3 mos and then two at a time!!

Her case is interesting and I do wonder how much of JA's def came from this woman. I am actually happy that JA won't have the camera's in the courtroom, it's what I wanted and then I started to waiver...wishing at least one station would file an objection. Just to see. I think having it all open to the public and then sealing....is an issue in and of itself. I think she will raise it on appeal.

Per WRAL this morning:

"Court was in recess until 2 p.m., when it will reconvene and take up a matter involving one of the jurors, whose employer wrote to the court, asking for her to be excused because her absence from work would be a hardship."

It's illegal for an employer to request this or to say no....well in some states any ways....isn't it? :drumroll:

It's one thing for the employee to say no hardship and quite another for the employer to say hardship; it's not there place.

Both trials/legal proceedings will be recorded so you can rewatch or watch the one you didn't get to see, later on. WRAL keeps each days' proceedings on their site in the trials they cover. And someone on YouTube uploads all the Arias proceedings that are streamed.

Not to worry, you will be able to watch both.

I know; wral has been very good to us. I hope Judge stephens can stay on the bench...awhile longer. I think he is a great mind. Brilliant in fact. For the first time EVER I heard him give a personal opinion in the case last week declaring the mother insane and he sent her to hosp instead of prison...but he did lament on the horrific and sad loss of life of the child in that case....he has a heart.:please:

Ooooooooo it's now 6.30pm in London, i am just in time for the opening arguments. Thank you so much guys for the links

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

It's illegal for an employer to request this or to say no....well in some states any ways....isn't it? :drumroll:

It's one thing for the employee to say no hardship and quite another for the employer to say hardship; it's not there place.

That's a lot of nerve on the part of the employer. I realize this is scheduled to last 4 weeks or so and Judge Stephens is a sweetheart of a judge, but why wasn't this brought up during jury selection, the employee had to have known how the boss was going to react to a longish trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli