GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it considered bad form to tell the judge you think he's handsome and reminds you a little bit of Paul Newman?

New Juror No. 10 has NO knowledge of Grant or Amanda Hayes, Grant's trial or anything related to Laura Ackerson's death. We are making progress

I think 9 and 10 just made the pool, Anyone know? I lost twitter.:banghead:

They're getting questions from the prosecution now, per last tweet.

10's cousin recently shot in head. doesn't know who shot him he is home recovering

Bryan Hanks ‏@BCHanks 35s
Prosecution ends its questioning of Jurors No. 9 and 10. Ten-minute break coming, followed by defense questioning of No. 7, 9 & 10

Wow - juror number 8 has quite the story to tell!

Hi, Gang - I've been out&about all day... Thanks for holding down the court!

:judge:

I'm bettin' defense will kick #8 -- sounds like she "knows too much" about the bad dudes, IMO. Plus, she's an RN & prolly too smart for 'em. :twocents:

Bryan Hanks ‏@BCHanks 1m
ALERT: The jury in the Amanda Hayes murder trial has now been finalized. #ackerson

Now that is the 12 juror's and does not include alternate's! I hope that doesn't take another 4 days. Whew!

Bryan Hanks ‏@BCHanks 2m
Amanda Hayes murder trial jury consists of six white females, three white males, two black females, one Latino male #ackerson

That is 12 juror's and we need ?

Love the WS plug. ;)

I saw a mention that the judge told his staff that jury selection may go into Friday, and as far as I've seen, they keep a 5 day work week.

Yes, it's M--F unless a Federal holiday -- unless something weird or unusual comes up & all parties agree -- but I've only seen that once & Stephens was not presiding.

It's 9:30 -- 5:00EST, lunch 1 1/2 hours, with a morning and afternoon break of 20 min. Jurors & principals have to "go" and also get their coffee -- and so do we... No overtime or weekends due to no overtime $$ for the other employees (security mainly) who would have to stay late as well. Once it gets rolling, it rolls.
icon6.gif

Bryan Hanks ‏@BCHanks 1m
Judge: At least 3 alternate jurors will be selected on Friday from the original and secondary pool #ackerson

Alternate jurors will be selected beginning at 9:30 a.m., Friday. There are only 3 remaining jurors in original pool; 25-26 in 2nd pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli