GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galloway! Common face in this crime, Brad Cooper, Jason Young, etc. It's a shame we are getting so used to so many of these people :( But he is awesome! Always so well spoken and to the point.

You're right, Crazytown -- when Boz said Galloway, I immediately saw his face in my mind, and then there he was. No-nonsense, hard-working and smart, IMO. A good guy who goes after the bad guys.

He and Amanda sold jewelry and iPhone cases. He played around here locally but you don't get rich playing the kind of shows he did. He claimed in one of the emails from the last case that he had spent over "80K large" on legal issues with LA but that was all AH's money... he didn't have an actual job.

bbm

Oh, that poor, poor Dude. That is certainly sweaty & back-breakin' work. And playing for a living, he might get a blister on his little finger;
maybe get a blister on his thumb. What a sick #+(%.
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

See ya'll tomorrow 11:30 a.m. est. Don't be late.
We wanna see......or hear......the results of HizHonor's "procedure".:blushing:

The defense also supposedly has a letter GH sent to AH, after they're arrested, in which he allegedly threatens her.

We've been hearing about this letter since time began. I want to SEE it, and I want it on the record. Grrrrr. Is GH that big an idiot??

I caught that too....it's not an NC thing, is it?

ETA- He only did it once though, Sha ALWAYS does!

No, ma'am, it is not an NC thing. At least not where I was raised, and not here in Raleigh. I don't know when I've heard it used like that. Maybe it is a Texas thing?

I've been reflecting on Gaskins cross exam of KB, I thought he was a bumbling idiot until this. He was allowed to form his questions almost like a narrative to get the answers he wanted & I hope the jury cottoned on to this. Also to how different the responses from KB were for the DT. I really need to hear more about this supposed 911 call that AH made & the mysterious eye witness, the AH alibi. I truly hope some reasonable doubt wasn't planted into the minds of the jury yesterday. I haven't had a chance to catch up on the afternoon testimony yet, but is it just me or am I worrying for nothing?

I thought it was interesting what KB did not say yesterday. Besides her daughter, KB is supposedly the person AH is closest to. But nothing came out anout Amanda being in fear, intimidated, submissive to or controlled by GH. If there was a witness to say AH feared GH, wouldn't it be KB?

As far as the nodding yes to the question about covering for GH, it's easier to nod than to lie by saying the word out loud. And KB seems desperate to want to believe anything which lessens her sister's involvement. She said as much. Thus, she phrased her question so she could get the answer she wanted to hear. I know I'm not impartial, but that nod doesn't resonate. AH turned her cell phone off so she couldn't be tracked. (GH didn't, IIRC, didn't they ping his and find them in Texas?). They went to her sister's house to dispose of the remains.

I can't wait to hear what Ginger Calloway, the psychologist who did the custody evaluations, has to say about AH and her dynamic with GH. And who will they put on in her defense? Will she testify and if so, how good of an actress will she be?

Do you think Dr. Calloway will testify? Didn't she only see Grant and Laura? I love her and would love to hear what she says, but I didn't think she would be a witness in this case...

This is going to be a LOOOONG morning!!!! Hope Judge Stephens comes through his "procedure" okay :)

Do you think Dr. Calloway will testify? Didn't she only see Grant and Laura? I love her and would love to hear what she says, but I didn't think she would be a witness in this case...

This is going to be a LOOOONG morning!!!! Hope Judge Stephens comes through his "procedure" okay :)

You may be right. She didn't do an eval on AH, but maybe she did an interview with them as a couple or something? I have never been through that, so don't know how much attention is given to a step-parent.

I don't know why Dr. Calloway would testify. What can she say about Amanda? Her job was to evaluate 2 people: Grant & Laura.

I'm curious as to what this "Procedure" is that hizhonor is having. Will it perchance result in fewer sniffles into the courtMicrophone?

Hey Crazytown,

Just for giggles, why don't you give Chad a virtual KICK and tell him he's LATE in showing the trial this morning. LOL

:waiting:

ETA- Marissa DeVault starts at 12:30 ET.... wish it would wait a week or 2!

Judge is in the courtroom folks....just flashed on and off screen

We are live

OMG is the audio awful for everyone?!?

Judge still sniffling as much as ever. Procedure was apparently not on/near his nose.

WRAL is fine for me. Judge's mic is a bit loud, as usual, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734