GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Rockit was here with us. He/she could have added a lot to the conversation. I still wonder to this day who that person is.

Grant told the psychologist that he thinks of himself as the talented Mr Ripley (lying impersonator). The psychologist was asked if she'd seen the movie, she said no. The judge said no one seems to have see the talented Mr Ripley and that everyone is still looking for him.

Am I mixing up movies or didn't Mr Ripley kill a man on a cruise ship and morph into him? That makes him a cold hearted killer in my book.

HizHonor Judge Stephens is the same judge who presided over the Jason Young trial (1 and 2) and has been recently and roundly criticized by some crazy "prison wife" types who are convinced Jason got "railroaded." To them HizHonor is one of the most unfair and biased judges, which makes one wonder how they can determine who is the most unfair/biased/despicable since apparently every judge in this county falls into that category if they preside over a wife-killing murder trial that results in a conviction. :banghead:

I think he's extremely smart, takes no prisoners (pun definitely intended!), and I for one would love to read his memoirs and thoughts of his most memorable cases during his career. He really should write those someday.

Am I mixing up movies or didn't Mr Ripley kill a man on a cruise ship and morph into him? That makes him a cold hearted killer in my book.

I need to watch it again ... might be mixing it up.

She's the person with the big skeleton demo.

Hi! I had to be gone most of the day. Just got finish reading all of your comments. I will watch some of today's testimony videos tonight.

It was nice to be able to read your comments and see what transpired in court today.

Thanks to all.

Do y'all think that Amanda will testify? I'm 50/50. Part of me says what does she have to lose and the other part of me thinks that she is not capable of showing any emotion other than smiling/manipulating/flirting. I've yet to see her shed one tear.

Good question, Surfie --

It will be interesting to see -- does Gaskins have that much faith in her? And if she does take the stand, will Rosemary Godwin question her?

Formalin. GAG. One reason (of many) I could never be in forensics/pathology (along with that squeamish issue). The smell of it makes me gag.

Prosecution has 2 more witnesses and will wrap Monday. Gaskins said he's ready to go.

Even seeing it a second time, it's still horrific. :(

I wonder if the State presents witnesses out of order to give the jury time to adjust and not be overwhelmed by the gruesomeness. Like now we have a bone expert who can say what kind of weapon/s caused the trauma to the body after some doctor who didn't diagnose but did diagnose. We already heard from LE who recovered the remains and transported them back to this State and the autopsy. Then we had several other witnesses before this one. Mostly DNA and blood testers.(it's been a long day I can't remember what their official titles were).

This lady is a hisser.

I need to watch it again ... might be mixing it up.

I seem to remember him becoming the missing son and living high on the hog and then the father shows up and he sneaks out and is on some cruise ship targeting his next 'persona' and killing him too. Wasn't Jude Law in that movie?

I love how she is engaging the jury by constantly making eye contact with them. Very credible witness.

Well, that was a pretty brutal image and statement to leave in the jurors' minds over the weekend - "We were able to determine that the cut was made on wet bone." OMG

I guess that's a wrap in court. See ya all on Monday and don't freeze your azzes off in the artic expanse known as the U.S. of A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95