GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley again a few weeks ago. And I see no relevance to GH. None whatsoever. If they show it, it will backfire, b/c the jury will say: "wtf??"

FYI- Stepford Wives is on LOGO @ 7 PM.
I thought about watching it to try and spot her.
Maybe.

I don't know if I could bear to watch the whole thing just to spot her walking with her back to the camera down the canned soup section at the Supermarket...but I'd love to see a pic of her if you grab it! :)

Has anyone noticed that the degree of Hizhonor's sniffling is in direct proportion to the amount of stress the defense places on him?

And no one has found evidence that Amanda ever acted in a semi-famous version of the Stepford Wives. I guess she could have done a small local theater? I'd be nice to know where exactly this occurred and when.

She was a stand-in and extra in the movie.

I wonder if His Honor wants to bust out laughing?

Movie will not be shown, but the PI can be questioned about it.

It sounds like Amanda was pretending to be a famous actress and Grant was pretending to be a famous musician, and between the two of them, they believed that they ruled the world.

GAAAHH he's getting on HJS nerves too. Can he not see that. Can his asst. atty's not sense it. Someone needs to give him a clue. Wish we could send him Borndems funny post.

bbm
You're right, Patch -- you can hear it in his quick responses -- just a bit sharper than usual and a little bit of a sigh of exasperation, too. Mmmmpppffff. Not good for the DT, but carry on Mr. Gaskins.

It looks like there's no one in the gallery to pan to.

It sounds like Amanda was pretending to be a famous actress and Grant was pretending to be a famous musician, and between the two of them, they believed that they ruled the world"
Then I want to be "Pretty Woman" Who wants to be Thor?"

Judge will allow the PI to talk about the movie.

Judge rules : No movie viewing in court.
All done for the day.

So tomorrow we will get a Red Reed critique of the movie 'The Talented Mr. Ripley' from the PI who knew the Hayes for how long? and can compare the psycho control freak in the movie to GH and his power over the lil lady, his wife, Amanda? Is that the gist of it?

That is pretty sorry IMO.

I hope the PI is competent in analyzing movie protagonists/antagonists and themes, because tomorrow he's going to be asked to interpret Amanda as a Stepford Wife and Grant as Mr Ripley.

She isn't even listed on imdb for her "famous" roll in The Stepford Wives. lol

I don't know who paid for this defense team but they need to ask for a refund....with interest.

So tomorrow we will get a Red Reed critique of the movie 'The Talented Mr. Ripley' from the PI who knew the Hayes for how long? and can compare the psycho control freak in the movie to GH and his power over the lil lady, his wife, Amanda? Is that the gist of it?

That is pretty sorry IMO.

That seems to be the gist of it. PI will become literary/fictional character critic/analyst. Given the brief work history presented at the beginning of his testimony, I rather expect that he will fail miserably in this task.

Who else is watching The Talented Mr. Ripley???? :seeya:
lol

I suspect that little exchange was put forth as a hollow argument for appeal.

I was thinking the same thing, otto. And you're right, IMO -- "hollow" being the key word. And our good judge prolly had it in the back of his wise mind, too. Rules of evidence. Hearsay. Nay, I say, Nay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95