GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all...are you all having major AUDIO issues? I am...

This sounds very plausible. I had been thinking maybe some sort of amphetamine, but cocaine might be the ticket, esp since he's known to do it, and they run through so much money.

Oh I imagine Grant is quite capable of burning through loads of cash all by his lonesome, acting like king of the hill, big man on campus and buying all people near him in the club a round.

I can see him using drugs. I'm not so sure about Amanda and her weight. I don't mean to brag but everyone in my family as a high metabolism. I could eat whatever I wanted all day long and still have trouble meeting the minimum required weight to donate blood at the Red Cross. My sisters and I all bounced back from pregnancies right away.

A couple of years ago when I had the first serious illness of my life one of the by products was my thyroid went on vacation. I can no longer eat King Crab and butter all day :(. Maybe Amanda has a high metabolism. Stress can also help peal off weight sometimes and I bet Grant was a handful to manage.... always with his hand out for her debit card.

Oh, I'm sure Stephens has seen him before -- Gaskins has represented 1st Murder defendants before -- that may be why Hizzoner is a bit short with the DT antics... And a judge such as Stephens knows when the DT has nothing, but he has to give him a shot and to give the poor defendant a chance. (And yes, I mean poor in that she's got him for representation.) What a flippin' mess. I feel sorry for the jury -- we can always leave or scream or moan to each other. They can't.... yet.

I can't believe the judge is letting him a couple of movies, MOVIES into his courtroom.

Why didn't Amanda try to get Cinderella into this trial? Suffering under those horrible step sisters and mean ol step mother. That grounds to dismember a mother of two!

And some of the jurors are thinking "Shoot me, please," and the others are thinking "Shoot him, please, and NOW."

:floorlaugh:go ahead 'make my day' :floorlaugh: after 15 minutes of that Stepford Wives movie I'll be ready... the only good thing in that movie was Christopher Walkens and I think he lost his head at the end of it.

I do believe AH is planning to testify. This is the 2nd day she's wearing a jacket and her hair and makeup are done more carefully. And she's all perked up and attentive. I am betting she gets called.

Good morning everyone!

I have a feeling now that it's the Defense's turn, it's going to get REALLY painful. Gaskins is wanting everyone to just sit and read transcripts? Ugh. Didn't they say there were just a little over 100 witnesses for this case (102?), and the Prosecution had just under 50. My head already hurts. I'm glad that Judge Stephens is knocking down some of this nonsense. Unfreakingbelievable!

Oh yeah, Happy Tuesday! I'm guessing we will probably not have court Thursday and maybe Friday if this weather forecast holds out.

On the news last night, WRAL @ 11pm, I heard "AH is expected to testify." I'm sure I wan't dreaming it. Did Gaskins say that in court yesterday?

I didn't hear it, Boodles, but that doesn't mead a darn thing...

:seeya:Good Morning Sleuthers! :seeya:​

I do believe AH is planning to testify. This is the 2nd day she's wearing a jacket and her hair and makeup are done more carefully. And she's all perked up and attentive. I am betting she gets called.

I think she will too... Gaskins is just fool enough to put her up there.

I did see a gentleman sitting behind the State side. He is older, a blond and has a mustache. I imagine that is Laura's dad. He was staring across the room at two women that were sitting right behind the defendant's chair.

Not sure who the women are.

Well I hear the judge is real active this morning with his sniffling. I think it is disgusting to pull snot back in your head and have other people around you listen to it. :p

Good Morning WS Friends!!!!

I haven't heard anything about AH testifying. But I hope she does.

OT: I DID hear MSM talking heads saying that Dunn must testify if he wants to defend his claim of self defense against what he thought was a gun pointed trough the Durango windows.

No surprise there re Dunn taking the stand -- on a Self-def claim, the def almost has to -- to explain his/her perceived danger or threat at the time. I hope we can get updates re his testimony if it happens.

And we, too, here, are waiting to see what AH will do.... What a treat if she goes up there, but I'm still betting she won't. BUT if she does, our Boz will be ready & Becky s/be, too, if she has any J.Young memories...

Oh Boy, the comedy team of Gaskins and the PI

Oh the PI was all ready to give his critique on 'The Talented Mr Ripley'. He looked like someone stole his lollypop. But he is rearing to go with the Stepford scenerio.

I thought the Ripley movie discussion was out? Thank God he isn't doing 'Gone with the Wind'.

PI is describing every scene in the movie. Too much detail. He will loose the jury. All he needs to do is give a three minute synopsis with critical points that apply to the defendant. This is pitiful.

Please....not another spreadsheet!
Nope, not a spreadsheet. A reading of The Stepford Wives.

I want to know how a retired cop and now P.I. gets to give his opinion on movies? Is he reading from crib notes?

I feel like I fell down the rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95