DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda Hayes testifies in her own defense at Raleigh murder trial

Updated at 01:16 PM today - 2/11/14

WTVD - Raleigh, NC

9427499_448x252.jpg

Amanda Hayes testifies. (WTVD Photo)

RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Amanda Hayes took the witness stand in her own defense Tuesday and told jurors she did not kill Laura Ackerson and did not participate in dismembering her body.

"I absolutely did not," said Hayes.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9427498

The term is "tweet."

Tweets are the postings that are made on Twitter.

:wink:

I've been in and out today. I caught the last 15 minutes or so of Amanda's testimony. The "little girl, poor me" voice is disgusting. Poor little defenseless me!

Laura Ackerson is the victim here; not Amanda.

She tried to show emotion because she ran out of money. I can't believe that she nor Grant did not work a real job. Did AH think the money would last forever? She did not work hard and earn the money so I guess she did not realize her nest egg (inheritance) was going poof.

There has been some gruesome, horrific testimony regarding Laura's remains. Amanda did not shed one tear during that type of testimony but yet she is trying to shed a tear because she and Grant pizzed (maybe snorted, too) her inheritance away.

She is trying to shift computer research, etc. on Grant. I bet she was busy on that computer too.

I hope Boz or Becky rips this phony, evil gal a new one!

RIP Laura!

Agree all the way, Mad.

And I'll say it again -- everybody in that little town, with or without their prejudices, will know how it was that the little ones came to be where they are. All through school, at church, playgrounds, everywhere. That's tuff for children/teenagers of all ages to handle and not get hurt or hurt someone else. Think about it. And where are their role models? Will the elder Grants be "too old" in their eyes to be those people? It makes me hurt for them.
icon9.gif

I totally agree with you all about the little children. They should have been placed in foster care immediately upon the arrest of G and A Hayes. I think at some point in their lives they could have escaped the stigma, or most of it, that their parents caused. But with them living with the grandparents, in the small city of Kinston, there is no escaping it, nor the pain. I feel for the children and pray they can come away from this as healthy, all american kids without deep emotional scarring.

I missed the last minutes of her testimony. phooey. Has the defense rested?

Amanda Hayes tells jurors she did not kill Laura Ackerson

Posted 9:19 a.m. today - 2/11/14
Updated 12:03 p.m. today - 2/11/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, N.C. — Testifying on her own behalf, Amanda Hayes told jurors Tuesday in her first-degree murder trial that she did not kill Laura Ackerson and had no involvement in the crime nearly three years ago.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-tells-jurors-she-did-not-kill-laura-ackerson/13378975/
~~~~~

For those who are not able to follow the trial continuously, you can check the "Live"updates from WRAL.
Scroll down to the box in the middle of the article and click on the arrow.

No, she is about to talk/lie about the day Laura was murdered.

I would love to see the jurors' faces & just watch them react. Maybe someone on Twitter will tell us...

ETA: I don't Twit.

I don't either but been reading twits and they are expressing same sentiment and very witty. But no mention of court going ons darn it.

OT//it's been snowing on and off here since last night. I'm freezing to death. I never, ever get cold--when I ran out of estrogen I got hot and stayed that way. I keep putting on clothing and I'm still cold. I am praying we do not lose our electricity--none of us in the southeast--because not being able to see the grand AH's testimony 'live and in person' would probably kill us as we have waited for this for such a long time. So I said a little prayer for those of us who live in the south/southeast that none of us lose our power this week and that the jury can see this woman for who and what she truly is.

I missed the last minutes of her testimony. phooey. Has the defense rested?
Defense has not rested. Court is recessed for lunch.

Amanda Hayes will continue testifying in her own defense after lunch.

I can hardly wait until the State (Boz or Becky) cross examines AH. It should be very interesting!

I'm left scratching my head here. She gets pregnant in September and the money is gone by December? Surely she knew by September that the disease commonly known as "Fundsalow" was encroaching.

Just a reminder:

If you miss any of this trial, you can watch it later. WRAL is archiving the testimony and doing a great job of it.

You can tell she is getting frustrated that she can't force the tears!!!! LOL! She's certainly trying!!! :tantrum:

I guess those acting lessons never have paid-off for her, huh?!
icon10.gif

I'm sure she thinks she's playing the part of a lifetime now...

:rolleyes:

The following are snipped from "Live Updates" (box is in the middle of current article) - WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- 2/11/14

Source: http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-tells-jurors-she-did-not-kill-laura-ackerson/13378975/

WRAL News:
Defense contends Grant Hayes identified with the main character of "The Talented Mr. Ripley" and that Grant Hayes wanted a "Stepford Wife" and thought it was destiny that he and Amanda Hayes be together, since she played an extra in the 2004 remake.
9:57

WRAL News:
Yesterday, Stephens denied the defense's request to play both movies for jurors to see.
9:58

WRAL News:
In the "The Talented Mr. Ripley," the main character kills those close to him and goes to great lengths to hide the crimes. Here's a plot summary of "The Stepford Wives" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327162/synopsis?ref_=ttpl_pl_syn
10:03

WRAL News:
"The Talented Mr. Ripley" - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134119/plotsummary?ref_=tt_stry_pl
10:03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members