GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot the makeup of the jury, but I seem to recall mostly women?
I am really hoping they are normal women who can see through this kind of BS.
(By that I mean they have that intuition women have that can clearly see what type of person Amanda IS).

I think Boz will do the cross. He's quicker on his feet and is direct making it easy on the jurors.

I think Boz is quicker, but he can come across as a bully when he's doing his cross exams, and that could turn a jury off and have them feel sorry for a woman on the stand. Part of this decision is psychological, and the state has to figure out how to elicit the testimony but not alienate the jury. Becky can do a good job, but she's not as quick on her feet as Boz, and my confidence is still shaky remembering the cross-examination she did on Jason Young during his first murder trial.

What is 'LA'? Law Enforcement? I don't know how tapes of her interrogation (if that is where she uses her normal voice) can come in unless she perjures herself and the State can refute it with her taped conversations.

A lot of femme fatales have a little girl voice and are anything but that. For me it is far more significant that she can kick boyfriends out and move to new States. I don't think the acting industry in Hollywood embraces little wall flowers. It takes strong egos. Those, IMO, are indications of a strong, assertive person.

Laura Ackerson

She is using present tense..like she is telling a story, not remembering events.

AH is doing the same thing Michael Dunn's fiance did with the little girl voice and that is so phony. Sha even said that her mother is no wallflower.

all my opinion

Laura Ackerson

Did Laura tape conversations between herself and Grant and Amanda? I know she wrote down examples of the animousity and how she perceived Amanda trying to push her out of her kids lives.

I think Boz is quicker, but he can come across as a bully when he's doing his cross exams, and that could turn a jury off and have them feel sorry for a woman on the stand. Part of this decision is psychological, and the state has to figure out how to elicit the testimony but not alienate the jury.

Absolutely. Boz can be harsh and he doesn't want to take a chance on making the jury think he is not being 'nice' to AH. Becky will use a more maternal tone. I just hope and pray Becky will do a better job with AH than she did with JY.
I lost my WRAL feed at the beginning of AH's testimony and the WTVD feed audio/video is about 5 seconds off. Ugh. But I'm so happy this ego driven woman is on the stand and I pray the jury is sizing her up the same way we are.

Is there a reason why she hasn't divorced GH? Is that hard to do from jail? I would think that would lend to her saying - I'm not in cahoots with him on anything.

Did Laura tape conversations between herself and Grant and Amanda? I know she wrote down examples of the animousity and how she perceived Amanda trying to push her out of her kids lives.

Laura recorded every phone conversation with Grant, I am assuming they would include any with Amanda also. All of it was for the courts so it seems logical to include both parents her children might have to live with.

LMAO, Grant called the FBI about Laura being on "SugarDaddies" website.

Somehow this sounds like a site Amanda herself would be pretty familiar with.

What is 'LA'? Law Enforcement? I don't know how tapes of her interrogation (if that is where she uses her normal voice) can come in unless she perjures herself and the State can refute it with her taped conversations.

A lot of femme fatales have a little girl voice and are anything but that. For me it is far more significant that she can kick boyfriends out and move to new States. I don't think the acting industry in Hollywood embraces little wall flowers. It takes strong egos. Those, IMO, are indications of a strong, assertive person.

(LA is Laura Ackerson)

I'm hoping that the cross (please let THE BOZ do it!) will bring out the true beast that is in there just waiting to pounce.

Laura recorded every phone conversation with Grant, I am assuming they would include any with Amanda also. All of it was for the courts so it seems logical to include both parents her children might have to live with.

Wouldn't you think she would have wanted to record the interaction at GH/AH apartment as well? She recorded every custody exchange - how was this different? Makes you want to find that recorder (or was it her phone?) She was overly cautious with him and suddenly she is reckless?

Boz played a snippet of LA & AH during an exchanged of the boys that LA recorded. It was recorded a week after AH had a hissy fit in front of the boys & LA was upset about it.

(LA is Laura Ackerson)

I'm hoping that the cross (please let THE BOZ do it!) will bring out the true beast that is in there just waiting to pounce.

I hope you're right as I would love to see it but I have a feeling it will be Becky.

Just what is this "Yes, Sir" carp???? Grrrrr.

Is there a reason why she hasn't divorced GH? Is that hard to do from jail? I would think that would lend to her saying - I'm not in cahoots with him on anything.
I've also been under the understanding that you can divorce for $1 in jail. i don't know how true that is but i wouldn't imagine it would take much effort. Perhaps still married so that they wouldn't be compelled to testify against each other. idk who knows

just my opinion

Thinking more about her testimony…

She's going to have to weave a story that simply can't make sense. She has to make Laura unsympathetic and yet not attacked, since Laura really is the victim here.

She has to explain all of her own movements after the murder and try to get a jury to believe that she didn't know why she was getting all this stuff to dispose of a body that she allegedly didn't even know existed. Now who's going to believe that?

And, perhaps most importantly, she's going to have to throw her sister under the bus and claim her sister is a complete liar and that she never said "she hurt Laura, hurt her bad or killed her," or else she's going to have to try to convince the jury that she only said that because she was in fear of her life from Grant.

It's not cohesive and it won't make any sense, because whatever story she's going to tell is not true.

OK, I love that she just said "Honestly I did not want to come to NC, AT ALL".

That should sit well with the jury :)

Grantina, wow! The Hayes people sound like a real piece of work. God please get those babies out of that home. The nerve of Grant Sr. manipulating LA to give her babies to this monster because he was more capable of raising mixed children. That is bologna. I'm mixed and was raised by white mother and turned out just fine. Such BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966