GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not allowed, it's another appeal point.

:doh: Just realized I was running about 5 minutes behind on my stream when Judge said it was 10 minutes to 12.
Excuse any replies I made that were untimely :giggle:

Is anyone else feeling just exhausted after her time on the stand?
So much more that should have been said. I am glad though that the last speaking impression the jury have of her will be her snarky replies about being on the boat...hopefully that sticks with them.

For those who missed some of the testimony today, you can view WRAL's "Live" updates. Scroll down to the box (about middle of article) and click on arrow.

http://www.wral.com/fearful-amanda-hayes-wanted-to-leave-husband-she-says/13383405/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- 2/12/14

Fearful Amanda Hayes wanted to leave husband, she says

13384129-1392222951-300x225.jpg

I wish wral's stream would let you rewind or pause and pick up like WAT's livestream of Dunn's trial, I missed the super-snark ending. :(

:doh: Just realized I was running about 5 minutes behind on my stream when Judge said it was 10 minutes to 12.
Excuse any replies I made that were untimely :giggle:

Is anyone else feeling just exhausted after her time on the stand?
So much more that should have been said. I am glad though that the last speaking impression the jury have of her will be her snarky replies about being on the boat...hopefully that sticks with them.

Yup Amanda was evasive as ever. She tried to avoid answering by saying it had already been inferred what was happening on the boat. One lousy little point was finally conceded to by Amanda that yes it was disposing of Laura's body. Remember tho she still didn't smell anything and what might be hiding in the grass was scarier than tossing the remains of a human being into murky waters.

WRAL News:
Gaskins says he actually has one more witness. The state will call a rebuttal witness.
Wednesday February 12, 2014 11:31

WRAL News:
Defense attorneys want to show excerpts of a police video of Grant Hayes during a police interview in which he's singing and talking about aliens. Attorney say the evidence corroborates Amanda Hayes' testimony that he was growing more paranoid after dumping Ackerson's body and "was going to explode at any second."

It also corroborates some of Ackerson's claims in the psychological evaluation about Grant Hayes' behavior.
Wednesday February 12, 2014 11:48

Source:

http://www.wral.com/fearful-amanda-hayes-wanted-to-leave-husband-she-says/13383405/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- 2/12/14 -- "Live" Update box within linked article

Back live, no jury yet though

ETA- UhOh, Judge talking about weather....

I hope the State capitalizes on all the chit chat Amanda had about different animals eating human remains.

OMG Juror received flowers for Vday AT the courthouse.

What the heyho?!?!

ETA- GRRRR, turning off cameras when Judge is going to question juror about them.

Hmmmm, I'm getting frustrated with everything!

I agree with Boz, if GH's demeanour is relevant then so too is AH's demeanour. If she was in so much fear for her life it would show during her interview. She should be overwhelmed & more than likely have panic attacks & she would see the detectives as her rescuers. I have a feeling what we saw on the stand is the demeanour she had during her interviews. I'm astounded that most comments from readers on WRAL regarding her testimony believe she is telling the truth & that she'll be found not guilty.

Flowers to jury member and the judge almost says the person's name so he or she can claim her valentine's gift.

WTH? come on judge.

Flowers to jury member and the judge almost says the person's name so he or she can claim her valentine's gift.

WTH? come on judge.

He is going to question the person as to whether they KNOW who sent the flowers, they are not sure if someone sent them who actually knows the juror, or if this is something kind of sketchy.

I would not put it past the defense to do it and try to get a mistrial.
Ya get someone to go in and pay cash, you can probably get away with it.

I agree with Boz, if GH's demeanour is relevant then so too is AH's demeanour. If she was in so much fear for her life it would show during her interview. She should be overwhelmed & more than likely have panic attacks & she would see the detectives as her rescuers. I have a feeling what we saw on the stand is the demeanour she had during her interviews. I'm astounded that most comments from readers on WRAL regarding her testimony believe she is telling the truth & that she'll be found not guilty.

I personally came to the conclusion that the people who post on WRAL's comment section are a band of weirdos.

It's snowing like crazy here now, I can't even see the trees in the side yard. I'm an hour east of Raleigh.

From WRAL "live" updates:

WRAL News:
Testimony is expected to resume shortly.
Wednesday February 12, 2014 12:25

I can't believe anyone would be so dumb as to send flowers to a juror at the courthouse in the middle of trial, 2 days before Valentine's day, no less. I'm still trying to grasp what in the world the flower-sender could have been thinking.

He is going to question the person as to whether they KNOW who sent the flowers, they are not sure if someone sent them who actually knows the juror, or if this is something kind of sketchy.

I would not put it past the defense to do it and try to get a mistrial.
Ya get someone to go in and pay cash, you can probably get away with it.

I was thinking the same thing after giving it some thought. I hope this is not going to be something shady, I do NOT want a mistrial.

*BBM*
Seriously?
I hope the jurors are not of the same makeup as the people commenting on WRAL's site! (Hopefully they are all people who would fit in at WS quite nicely... :) ).

We are back!

ETA- Judge just said jurors name! :eek: They are from her father.
Does he forget about the cameras? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member