GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about that $25,000 note about custody found in the apartment. Did they really think that the question about where GH and AH got $25K wouldn't come up? They couldn't pay for the custody related stuff already - the psych eval and lawyers. That isn't even to mention that LA directed EVERYTHING in her life toward getting her kids back.

So my question again for anyone who knows...

If the jury hangs on the murder charges, does that mean the accessory charge is hung, too? Because if they couldn't decide, how could they proceed to deliberate on the accessory charge?

If Amanda doesnt receive any murder charges but the lesser ones how much time will she serve???

I served on a jury once a few years ago, a drug case. My observations about my fellow jurors turned out to be spectacularly wrong! We didn't talk much, or "bond" like the Arias jury, but who I believed in my mind were certain to convict were not.

So being on the outside and only able to speculate on this or that about this jury, I try to remember I haven't even seen the jury, let alone know what they might perceive about the testimony, is just causing me to worry.

But I'm still frustrated and want that verdict - now! :tantrum:

I am thinking the prosecution either didn't want to confuse jurors, or didn't think of it. I am going more towards the first. If they had introduced the sound, it would have lead to a whole discussion of the sound, caused confusion, etc.. Also, as Myvice stated, the sound would be much lower in the big courtroom than it would have been in the tiny bathroom in a small apartment, not to mention amplified even more with the echoing, etc., etc..

The defense didn't want it b/c it would have made their argument weaker.

IMO.

Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about no testimony from neighbors hearing it. Now I'm worried!

But like others have said, it was during the day so maybe no one was home.

CRAAAAPPPPP!!:scared:

If Amanda doesnt receive any murder charges but the lesser ones how much time will she serve???

I think, with time served, as little as 24 months. To qualify: I read this somewhere else, and I don't know if it is reliable info.

I don't care how long it takes the jury. I want justice for Laura Ackerson, who will never see her kids grow up into men and get married and have families of their own. And for the two boys who may never fully appreciate the depth of love their mom did have for them and grow up without her presence in their lives.

Because neither side thought it was important, or because it would not help or hurt their position?
Do you think anyone is regretting this oversight now?

Honestly, I don't think it makes a difference. I think they are overthinking things. Surely they must know a saw will make some noise. What difference does it make really? :waitasec: It's not like there was any testimony about how loud or quiet the saw was.

:dunno:

I'm thinking about that $25,000 note about custody found in the apartment. Did they really think that the question about where GH and AH got $25K wouldn't come up? They couldn't pay for the custody related stuff already - the psych eval and lawyers. That isn't even to mention that LA directed EVERYTHING in her life toward getting her kids back.

You have to remember though that no one would have known they were broke if they didn't get caught. They could always say they gave her all the money they had to go away and now they're broke.

Because neither side thought it was important, or because it would not help or hurt their position?
Do you think anyone is regretting this oversight now?

It probably 'cuts' both ways.

If the State had a credible witness who heard it, you can be sure the jury would have heard from that witness.

Ergo, Defense: If no one heard it, jury should believe Amanda that she didn't hear it either.

Prosecution: She heard it alright, it's so loud that anyone would have. She's lying.

Speculation either way...

You have to remember though that no one would have known they were broke if they didn't get caught. They could always say they gave her all the money they had to go away and now they're broke.

But the bank records prove otherwise! moo

So my question again for anyone who knows...

If the jury hangs on the murder charges, does that mean the accessory charge is hung, too? Because if they couldn't decide, how could they proceed to deliberate on the accessory charge?

If they hang on M1, then they go to M2, and then from there move down... I don't see how they could go below M2. But with Grant, there was no doubt left on the table. There was here (not for those of us that know and have been following along, but there was doubt left out there for the jury), so who knows. I didn't expect to hear a verdict before lunch but had hoped for something before 5pm... fingers crossed Laura gets more justice today.

I agree. But we wouldn't have seen the bank records if they hadn't got caught.

They would have still found out! They would have been investigated! They were pretty dumb and desperate! moo

There were sounds from the courtroom but I don't hear it anymore.

Why do you think a verdict, TD?

I saw and heard the judge say something about 10 minutes ago.

I probably wanted to hear the word verdict, but thought that I actually did.

It was very brief and then the camera went back to the computer-printed sign; i.e., this one:

DELIBERATING_zpsb5878d79.jpg

:lol: Peeps on Twitter debating whether they like the handwritten "Deliberating" sign better than the typed one! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member