GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was Amanda's story as to why the bathroom was so clean and was inaccessable for a time - Little G used the potty by himself and then smeared the walls, shower curtain, etc. Also the toilet backed up at some point, so they "closed up" the bathroom and no one could use it.

so they threw out the metal curtain rod way up high!!!!! :floorlaugh: That belonged to the apartment complex!!!!!! :facepalm:

2995028.jpg

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My beloved just reminded me that he was cutting wood outside the garage recently. He was using a reciprocating saw. I could hear him on the other side of the house--two flights up. If she was in the apartment, she heard it. Period.

No verdict yet???? Wow. And the saw? Oh cr@p. If they believe that Amanda was there when Laura died then how loud the saw was is immaterial.

I'm actually concerned that they have already deliberated on the murder charge and are now mulling over accessory-after-the-fact. Why so many questions about the saw? The saw is related to AH and GH activities AFTER the murder. :banghead:

Because neither side thought it was important, or because it would not help or hurt their position?
Do you think anyone is regretting this oversight now?

It is hard for me to believe that neither side thought of introducing the noise. Possibly there was a stipulation between the two sides not to introduce the saw noise.

The sawing took place on a Friday. Neighbors were at work.

Aww, we just got a typed out & printed 'Deliberating' sign.

My beloved just reminded me that he was cutting wood outside the garage recently. He was using a reciprocating saw. I could hear him on the other side of the house--two flights up. If she was in the apartment, she heard it. Period.

Thank you.

So, yesterday we were singing our praises to Boz and Becky; today we are back to second guessing everything they did! :floorlaugh: My, we are a fickle bunch, aren't we?
I, of course, include myself with the second guessing! I turn on a dime :floorlaugh:
:please: Praying for a verdict today!

It is hard for me to believe that neither side thought of introducing the noise. Possibly there was a stipulation between the two sides not to introduce the saw noise.

True, but isn't it strange sometimes what Jurors pick up on?

I am thinking the prosecution either didn't want to confuse jurors, or didn't think of it. I am going more towards the first. If they had introduced the sound, it would have lead to a whole discussion of the sound, caused confusion, etc.. Also, as Myvice stated, the sound would be much lower in the big courtroom than it would have been in the tiny bathroom in a small apartment, not to mention amplified even more with the echoing, etc., etc..

The defense didn't want it b/c it would have made their argument weaker.

IMO.

My concern is that the jury is questioning why nobody else in that apartment building heard it.

I believe the state presented the case as well as they could (perhaps minus a reciprocating saw demo). Their closing arguments were great. They gave this jury everything they need to convict and on top of that the jury got to see the defendant testify. I realized last night she had to take the stand in order to claim a "life in danger, I was forced to participate" defense, as the burden for that falls on the defense side.

There's no telling what a jury will do. Trying to guess is an exercise in futility and frustration. I hope they're able to come to a unanimous decision because it would be a shame if they hung and the state had to try this case over.

Didn't I just hear JS talking? Or am I going crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob