NC - Lauren Hugelmaier, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 1 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is his tumblr: https://hypnopomattic.tumblr.com

Interesting post about his relationship history and the rest are mainly about his dreams. He clearly has a fixation with dreams which is interesting given what he said about waking up from a dream. I wonder if these "dreams" he wrote about were fueled by cough medicine as well. He mentions being able to control his dreams sometimes.

So bizarre.

I just finished catching up on the most recent season of Criminal Minds, so this episode is fresh in my mind...it's episode 17 of last season, titled In The Dark.
Long story short the "unsub" is killing people in his sleep. He is able to walk to all these different houses, gain access, stab the occupants, go home, clean up, and wake without any recollection. It's not until he is woken during the act that he freaks out and starts to unravel.

IMO, someone who wakes in this state...I cannot see being calm and rational. Regardless of their current medicative state. But I gave up truly understanding people a long time ago.

I wonder if he watches this show? There are obvious differences but it's a bit creepy as to the parallels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough, he says on his tumblr he is a fan of criminal minds!

Interesting post about his relationship history and the rest are mainly about his dreams. He clearly has a fixation with dreams which is interesting given what he said about waking up from a dream. I wonder if these "dreams" he wrote about were fueled by cough medicine as well. He mentions being able to control his dreams sometimes.

So bizarre.

Auuuuughhhhh just reading his tumblr posts make me cringe. I feel like hes one of those guys that complains about being friend-zoned and wants people to feel sorry for him because really "hes a nice guy."

So bizarre.
Great find. The name.....wow.<modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So bizarre.

Whoa huge find...and one that his defense will be all over...I think "hypnopompic" will become a household term to those following this case...

So bizarre.

In his post, Without a Face, he mentions that he lived with his grandparents for the first 13 years of his life. I assumed he meant that he and his mom lived there, but he said he then went to live with his parents. And it seems perhaps he followed a girl to that bible college. From reading some of those posts, I would say this guy has had some serious issues for quite a while. I also think all these girls that he tried to make lives with were all able to see what he was, and may still be, trying to hide from himself, about himself. MOO

His tumblr is interesting. The post revealed he felt extremely betrayed by 3 of his ex GFs who did the same thing to him - mention some other guys name and then ultimately leave him for that guy. Whether true or not, he definitely saw this as a pattern in his life. May or may not be a possible reason if there was some guy LP mentioned and he was jealous..

I actually think he may have been a frequent user of "Triple C" to trip and possible because he was so into dreaming. As a to-be pastor, he may not have wanted to partake in illegal drugs like Mushrooms or LSD to have these hallucinations and trips. Triple C can induce a high and is a popular drug for teenagers. Interesting article: http://abc7chicago.com/health/triple-c-addictive-cold-medicine-being-abused-by-teens/411528/.

So he probably was high and had hallucinations. Not a case of "the drugs made me do it" but more.. I did it while I was tripping. Lowered inhibitions + hallucinations + bad trip maybe.

People take large doses of DXM before bed in the hopes it will induce lucid dreaming...all ya gotta do is google DXM and dreams and you'll be introduced to a rabbit hole that will keep you busy for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I his post, Without a Face, he mentions that he lived with his grandparents for the first 13 years of his life. I assumed he meant that he and his mom lived there, but he said he then went to live with his parents. And it seems perhaps he followed a girl to that bible college. From reading some of those posts, I would say this guy has had some issues for quite a while.

Agreed! His rush to get married to every girl he dates is a bit alarming. He said he and his first wife only dated for 10months before they got married! And it sounds to me like he lacks true passion for these women, but that's just my take. He never says anything about being heart broken or sad/depressed/angry after any of the breakups he discusses. Even his Instagram posts about Lauren seem almost like they are for show rather than being truly genuine.

Either way, he clearly has had some mental health issues for a long time now. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out during the trial.

Not sure if it's important, but the college he attended - Clear Creek Baptist Bible College - has 160 students and is in a very remote and mountainous area of southeastern Ky. The school claims it is fully accredited, but follows an ultra conservative doctrine. If he was force fed primitive religion for much of his life, could be the attraction to fantasy and dreaming was an escape. He does not have a prior criminal record in Ky that I could find. He did pay a small fine for a seat belt violation in 2012.

It's hard to explain how isolated and remote this college is. When I was living there three decades ago, the locals half-jokingly called it a preachers' prison.

Agreed! His rush to get married to every girl he dates is a bit alarming. He said he and his first wife only dated for 10months before they got married! And it sounds to me like he lacks true passion for these women, but that's just my take. He never says anything about being heart broken or sad/depressed/angry after any of the breakups he discusses. Even his Instagram posts about Lauren seem almost like they are for show rather than being truly genuine.

Either way, he clearly has had some mental health issues for a long time now. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out during the trial.

This is what I get from the whole rush to marry thing... and this is just from my experience living in the bible belt and knowing a lot of ultra conservative young men and women. My brother attended a private baptist college and I knew quite a few of his classmates and friends, a lot of them came from homeschooling and were incredibly immature for their age. A lot of them were getting married young and quickly, I think it became like a fad and it also had to do with the whole abstaining from sex before marriage thing. :hand::hand::hand:

I think he is gayyyyyyyy...and can't face it.

http://www.wral.com/-there-s-a-lot-to-this-story-attorney-says-of-cough-medicine-defense/16929374/

A few things struck me from this story. First, "there were hints of problems in the form of dark posts on Instagram in the months since he lost his job". What was his job, and when and how did he lose it? Was he laid off, or was he let go? If so, why? I assume he did not voluntarily quit, from the wording used. I read that, when this happened, he was working for a lawn service, but according to the post, he was driving for Uber. Wonder if anyone local that has ever ridden with him knows anything about him? Also, the reporter in the story said "there was tension between the couple". Anyone want to bet at least part of the tension was over her having to carry the financial load while he worked at odd jobs? She had said in her Scentsy profile that she would love to be a stay at home momma. It has been said that although he graduated from a bible college with a degree in ministry, he was not preparing to be a minister, so what WERE his plans? Did he have any, or was he another of these guys content to let his wife support him??
Could you please point me to the info regarding, tension between the couple and the part about MP losing his job? I did not see that in the article from your link, WRAL. I went back and reread the article to see if I missed it there. I too wonder about the income disparity. Wondering if he misrepresented himself to Lauren and her family, and about his faith committment. Your point about the odd jobs, I think is a very pertinent point. Do you think therein lies the motive, not being able to live up to expectations? Given MP's financial instability, it doesn't look as though Lauren could realize her goal of being a stay at home mom, in the foreseeable future.

Could you please point me to the info regarding, tension between the couple and the part about MP losing his job? I did not see that in the article from your link, WRAL. I went back and reread the article to see if I missed it there. I too wonder about the income disparity. Wondering if he misrepresented himself to Lauren and her family, and about his faith committment. Your point about the odd jobs, I think is a very pertinent point. Do you think therein lies the motive, not being able to live up to expectations? Given MP's financial instability, it doesn't look as though Lauren could realize her goal of being a stay at home mom, in the foreseeable future.

The parts about tension between the couple and MP losing his job were in the video portion, reported by Amanda Lamb, of WRAL. BTW, Amanda was the author of a book about the murder of Nancy Cooper, by her husband, Brad, in Cary, a few years ago. I see another book coming in the future.

His tumblr is interesting. The post revealed he felt extremely betrayed by 3 of his ex GFs who did the same thing to him - mention some other guys name and then ultimately leave him for that guy. Whether true or not, he definitely saw this as a pattern in his life. May or may not be a possible reason if there was some guy LP mentioned and he was jealous..

I actually think he may have been a frequent user of "Triple C" to trip and possible because he was so into dreaming. As a to-be pastor, he may not have wanted to partake in illegal drugs like Mushrooms or LSD to have these hallucinations and trips. Triple C can induce a high and is a popular drug for teenagers. Interesting article: http://abc7chicago.com/health/triple-c-addictive-cold-medicine-being-abused-by-teens/411528/.

So he probably was high and had hallucinations. Not a case of "the drugs made me do it" but more.. I did it while I was tripping. Lowered inhibitions + hallucinations + bad trip maybe.

I sure hope she wasn't pregnant and wanted to name the baby Thomas...

Bahaha...not funny (but funny). This thought crossed my mind too. I think MP tried to come across as this complex, deep thinking individual. But I'm sorry the post about this common theme with his past girlfriends...ridiculous and grasping.
As a female who has been in relationships only to find myself crushing on another...never ever would I bring up naming my future child the name of my crush. Who does that? So for him to have this happen with 3 different people...maybe he was always walking in a Dream state.

Bahaha...not funny (but funny). This thought crossed my mind too. I think MP tried to come across as this complex, deep thinking individual. But I'm sorry the post about this common theme with his past girlfriends...ridiculous and grasping.
As a female who has been in relationships only to find myself crushing on another...never ever would I bring up naming my future child the name of my crush. Who does that? So for him to have this happen with 3 different people...maybe he was always walking in a Dream state.

I hate to use words like "beta" and "alpha" but I think Matt was probably a self-conscious, overly jealous dude. He's wanting to blame failed relationships on his past girlfriends, but it was probably because he couldn't deliver. I wonder if perhaps there was a fight and LP brought up MP's flaws, or his failures. Maybe she said she wished he was more like *blank* or had a better job. (Anybody watch the show Fargo? Season 1??) Maybe I'm just mean but I feel like Matt was just a loser and Lauren got caught up in a relationship she thought was going to get better.

I seriously thought about this after reading his musings. Even if she was not pregnant, they were discussing having a family. Her dream was to be a stay at home mom. I'm thinking mention of any potential boy name would send him off to try to find a person she might know with that name.

So bizarre.

Wow. This man sounds really messed up mentally. His weird dream history goes back awhile, although I can't see any dates on his Tumblr posts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back