GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess LE is speculating he might have commited suicide due to the phones being found.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981466802

I wouldn't take an article written by Gather as fact. In fact, Chelsea is known to tae her own speculations and try to make a headline out of them. We all know that suicide is a possibility, but if he went to the bank, he really may be planning on running. JMHO

I keep thinking about how he told the daughter that her mom had two bottles of wine and went ghost crab hunting. What if he hurt her while kids were sleeping (after overhearing the phone conversation with her girlfriend), then disposed of her body on beach under brush, hoping that she'd "disappear" during the night. If her body was discovered, it could be chalked up as a stranger attack, drowning, etc. Seems like he was laying the groundwork to dispel foul play on his part. (Natalie Holloway story comes to mind.) As time went by, he panicked so loaded up the kids and headed north.
I've made that trek many times and the drive to Richmond from the Outer Banks is HORRENDOUS during tourist season starting on Friday afternoons - both directions. I am always frustrated and exhausted by the time I get to Richmond. The Outer Banks is congested, there are a lot of 2 lane stretches, and then out of Hampton Roads through Williamsburg to Richmond is bumper to bumper with crazy drivers and cops. I'm sure that he was stressed out with fear, questioning kids, etc. Pulled over in Richmond to collect thoughts and then came up with Plan B to put the daughter on a plane to Ohio and take off with his son. Richmond is the first big airport on the route. Norfolk and Newport News Airports are not easily accessible/visible from the route for someone not familiar with the area. Richmond's airport signs are prominent on the I64 / 264 route to Ohio.
He must have some conscious if he didn't hurt the kids. (Thank God.) He then regrouped in Richmond, and decided to at least get the kids home safe to their families before making his next move.
JMO.
Praying from NC for the family and friends.

I wouldn't take an article written by Gather as fact. In fact, Chelsea is known to tae her own speculations and try to make a headline out of them. We all know that suicide is a possibility, but if he went to the bank, he really may be planning on running. JMHO

Plus, many people who plan to go on the run ditch their phone. It'd be too easy to track him down if he still had it on him. I don't think the phone ditching would clearly indicate he is going to harm himself, so I agree with you. I just personally, IMO, do not think he is contemplating suicide unless he sees that Lynn's story is being posted all over the place, somehow, and thinks he is going to get caught/doesn't want to run anymore and won't go to jail.

Search warrent gives hint on woman missing in N.C

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/07/search-warrant-gives-hints-woman-missing-nc

Also of interest in article

The search is expected to begin about 8 a.m., and will include officers from the Dare County Sheriff's Office, the National Park Service, and the Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head police departments. No boats or canines will be involved, Hoggard said, but he has made a request for aircraft assistance

No dogs?? I am saddened by that.

I am sorry that you have to go though this. I pray that tomorrows search does produce results. The family stated they couldnt sit arround and wait. I would hate to think of that wait being prolonged . In the meantime I hope that Nate is caught and reveals the truth . I cant picture he would want to go on forever running . His brother must be completely beside himself as well. I am hoping he did not do what has been speculated on either account for that matter.

I am glad Nate did not harm the kids.

Me too, and glad his brother called 911 and reported it right away....

Not sure if that helped, but he did the right thing. So many times here we see family of perps withold, delay, or just downright muddy the waters for LE.

the family is a very close one....i am good friends with her cousin....they had to go & i can't blame them at all....if it were my family/loved one i would do the same....& i tell you this, idk exactly how much money was raised but i have lived here now probably 17 years, all 3 of my kids went to school K-12 here and i have never seen a bigger out pour of compassion & giving as i seen tonight...& in such a short time span (started around 4pm til 11pm mostly all word of mouth & Facebook too)...here or anywhere else for that matter...i assure you

Everyone is thankful that the kids were not harmed....its the brightest spot in all this mess that we have to hold onto at the moment

My company has a business in Ashland. Very, very close knit community. Good, hard working, generous folks from all of my experiences there over the years.

I don't know much about how K-9 searches work, but can they pick up a scent if it's been raining? It has rained nearly every day since July 8, with some heavy thunderstorms. Would her scent still be able to be picked up? Perhaps that is why they aren't using dogs today. Also, there is not enough media attention here on the OBX. I mentioned this to two people at work yesterday and they had no clue that this woman had just gone missing here.

One article says "their" son and "her' daughter. Other said "her children" ?

i just noticed this case, and im on the first page... this is what i was trying to figure out was if either/any of the kids were the perps... either way i guess it doesnt matter its still horrible but it seemed even worse if none of the kids were his... wont be able to finish the thread yet, so, has this guy been arrested yet? tia

i just noticed this case, and im on the first page... this is what i was trying to figure out was if either/any of the kids were the perps... either way i guess it doesnt matter its still horrible but it seemed even worse if none of the kids were his... wont be able to finish the thread yet, so, has this guy been arrested yet? tia

Youngest child is his. Oldest is not. He dropped the kids off in Ashland, went to a bank ATM on Sunday morning and hasn't been seen since. No arrest yet.

Sanpaku eyes. :)

Does anyone really believe he drove off the island with her in the car? A Honda civic is a compact car I know when we travel to the beach there isn't any extra room anywhere in the trunk. The search warrant states authorities believe she's buried on the island. Limits at ATM machine very by accounts and user settings. Mine has a $1000 limit which isn't alot of money if your on the run.

Does anyone really believe he drove off the island with her in the car? A Honda civic is a compact car I know when we travel to the beach there isn't any extra room anywhere in the trunk. The search warrant states authorities believe she's buried on the island. Limits at ATM machine very by accounts and user settings. Mine has a $1000 limit which isn't alot of money if your on the run.

Welcome Brank. I don't think he drove off of the island with her. Too risky.

Youngest child is his. Oldest is not. He dropped the kids off in Ashland, went to a bank ATM on Sunday morning and hasn't been seen since. No arrest yet.

Sanpaku eyes. :)

thanx surfie! im still not caught up with minor details (cant read today) but imo its odd that he dropped the kids off. on the one hand he made sure of their safety in that respect (no medals for doing the right thing or anything) so, did he think that if he hurried up and dropped the kids with/in or on time frame that her parents wouldnt notice she was missing till he was long gone? imo the only way that would work is if he threatened or lied to them.... i would think that that would be the first thing out of a kids mouth was that mom didnt come home with them....:waitasec:

We live in Richmond and have traveled to OBX for years. We never travel the 64 way. To avoid congestion we travel 460. It is a scenic route ... and definitely less traveled. Which might be a bad thing if you wanted to avoid being seen. Although before his confession to his brother, would he be that fearful that someone was looking for him? It would be nice to know where police think he spent the night in Richmond.

Gosh I hope it isn't a family member who finds her body.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack B
Back