GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello everyone, I am glad to be a member of this site.
This story is so sad, and I did see it on Fox News, and I live in Florida, so word is getting around. From what I have read, it seems that not much information is being released by police in Ashland. I know it is frustrating, but hey, look how the case with Mickey Shunick was solved over days of silence from the police. I hope all gas stations within the routes out of Ohio are looking, ESPECIALLY with sales of prepaid phones, ex:Tracfone. Nate has to stop for gas, and since he ditched his phone, I imagine he would buy a cheap "throwaway" prepaid phone. I really wish they would release the name of the hotel.....to me, he doesn't seem like he would "dig" on the beach. He would have had to get a shovel, sand everywhere, risk being seen, and digging a hole takes time. I don't mean to sound negative in any way, but have they checked the landfill that Richmond uses? If he decided to put her in a dumpster, (maybe near hotel) where would that end up? Just my thoughts and my prayers are with this family.

Great thoughts and :welcome:

Stick around you'll be amazed how many cases need your input.

I only hope Lynn hasn't fallen into an abyss like Gayle McCaffrey, Venus Rose, Stacy Peterson,Michelle Parker and SO many others whose lives IMO have been taken by the hands of domestic violence.

Thank you all for the welcomes! I was wondering if there has been any more information released about the car.....
Are the windows tinted?

Are there any stickers or other add-ons?

Is it a regular Ohio plate or a specialty tag? A pic of example of tag would be good...in Florida we have about a million different ones.

Are there any dents, or other previous damage to car?

I apologize if this has already been answered......I have been trying to read all of the posts. It seems that the Clerk of Court or Nate's brother could supply this info because there are a lot of cars that look like that! Still praying.....

And on more question, I apologize!

Is Ohio a state that requires a license plate on the front of the car as well as the back?

And on more question, I apologize!

Is Ohio a state that requires a license plate on the front of the car as well as the back?

I believe that Ohio requires front and back. The problem is we have FOUR different styles of LP right now.

JMO, HTH, Go Buckeyes etc.

good thought janeycat on the dumpster- although that creates one heck of a quandry for searching...wonder where OBX'landfill might be...would dumpsters have been emptied on
Thurs.

Thank you all for the welcomes! I was wondering if there has been any more information released about the car.....
Are the windows tinted?

Are there any stickers or other add-ons?

Is it a regular Ohio plate or a specialty tag? A pic of example of tag would be good...in Florida we have about a million different ones.

Are there any dents, or other previous damage to car?

I apologize if this has already been answered......I have been trying to read all of the posts. It seems that the Clerk of Court or Nate's brother could supply this info because there are a lot of cars that look like that! Still praying.....

i believe i did read somewhere that yes, there is a lil front end damage/dents on his car...but to be honest not sure which side

I really, really hope that he is too chicken and self-centered to take his own life. I want him alive just for the small hope and chance that he will say where Lynn is. I can also hope - even if the chance is small- that he is holding Lynn against her will because she survived the initial attack.

Where is Lynn?? :(

alot of us in Ashland feel & hope for the the same....personally have heard that around men, Nate did not act so "tough/dominating"...but obviously around women, he did not seem to have that problem...so i think he has shown already to be self-centered & a coward...idk, i think if he did/does take his life then he will be found wherever Lynn is found...the crimes of passion murder-suicides always seem to be together, both(all) found in the same spot/area when they happen....but i honestly don't think he has the balls to take his own life....if so, i think he would have ended it for all four of them right then and not wasted the trip back...just my 2 cents

this was just found & is very interesting....possible Nate daytime sighting on July 4th...here is a link to the pics taken in the area of the Oregon Inlet...pay close attention to the many comments from the locals at the beginning of the thread...(this information has been sent by a friend of Lynn's to all the authorities involved also)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5.112988558787606&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

this was just found & is very interesting....possible Nate daytime sighting on July 4th...here is a link to the pics taken in the area of the Oregon Inlet...pay close attention to the many comments from the locals at the beginning of the thread...(this information has been sent by a friend of Lynn's to all the authorities involved also)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5.112988558787606&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

Its hard to look at the pictures without shivering. I really hope this is him. Is there anyway the person who spoke to him would remember his eyes, they are very distictive and it could be a clue.

Has anyone mentioned where he spent Saturday night? Richmond was Friday night, correct?
If there aren't any records of him staying at a hotel, then could he have possibly headed back to Ohio and utilized Cleveland Clinic materials, grounds, etc. in some way?
Did he sneak back into town on Saturday night with the kids to get organized before dropping them off on Sunday?
He could have been utilizing every day since the 4th to maximize his ATM withdrawals undetected.

http://putnamsentinel.com/main.asp?SectionID=101&SubSectionID=180&ArticleID=12560

This is all so sad! Does anyone else find it strange that in several pictures of Lynn, she is wearing items that cover her neck? With her past with him, it makes me wonder if she did not feel some "protection" with items such as scarfs. She is such a beautiful girl! The picture on Facebook is strange....but the hair does look long to me as compared with the one on beach where he was with the kids. I find it sad (if it isn't him) that no-one offered to strike up a conversation with him, it was obvious he was troubled if he sat out there all day. :( I wish Nate's brother would (or someone in Ashland who might have known) let the public know what type of tag (out of the four Ohio plates) he had. We need a system such as the Amber Alert set up for older people who might be in danger. I think it is strange that the Ashland Police have not given more details about the car on the BOLO for Nate......hopefully that is a sign that they know way more than they are telling.

Has anyone mentioned where he spent Saturday night? Richmond was Friday night, correct?
If there aren't any records of him staying at a hotel, then could he have possibly headed back to Ohio and utilized Cleveland Clinic materials, grounds, etc. in some way?
Did he sneak back into town on Saturday night with the kids to get organized before dropping them off on Sunday?
He could have been utilizing every day since the 4th to maximize his ATM withdrawals undetected.

Somehow they know he stayed in a hotel in Richmond, and I sure hope that by now the police have all that ATM information, (my bank never forgets when i go :) ) You are right, he could have snuck in town.....which brings me to a cell phone question for all you technology gurus. Since they found Nate's phone, are there ways that law enforcement can track the GPS of a phone, like backtrack? I know they can retrieve messages, and track towers through what his cell phone ping towers off of, but does this keep the info? Can they play a game of connect the dots with the various towers that his phone picked up on his journey home? I know that even if you do not make a phone call or receive one, or text, that your phone still says "hello" (or pings?! I can't think of another term!!) to each new tower it hits off. I hope this makes sense to someone.....

http://fox8.com/2012/07/10/search-continues-for-missing-ashland-woman/

Investigators are still searching for a dark gray metallic 2009 Honda Civic with Ohio license plate FMV 7540 that they believe Nate Summerfield, 27 is driving.

Well, we have a license plate number!! Maybe next they will tell the public what type of Ohio tag it is. Seeing the picture with her kids is heartbreaking in this story. I have worked with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) for about fifteen years. The thing about this is that there are so many different functioning levels. No two are alike, they are all precious in their own ways! I have wondered if Nate just told the kids that there mom went home on a plane or a bus, to keep them from asking where she was. A lot of students with ASD tend to go through periods of echolalia (repeating speech). I imagine the kids asked over and over about their mom being gone, and maybe Nate told them the plane/bus story, and that stuck with the children.

One of the commenters mentioned the Coast Guard base at Oregon Inlet, that is the large building that you see in the background. He appears to be fairly close to the entrance of the beach, and he is sitting right in front of dunes that lead to a campground. I would say he parked at the entrance to the inlet or the campground and just popped over the dunes. He would have had to driven. Salvo is about 20 miles south, and you have to go over the Bonner Bridge which spans the inlet. While people do fish off the bridge, it would certainly be odd to see someone walking it, especially since it is miles in either direction before you see any beach houses. And remember, it was over 100 degrees with humidity around 105 or more all that week, so there is no way he could have walked without passing out from heat stroke. It would be interesting to know if someone remembered seeing his car in the parking area.

He was in the perfect place to dispose of body without it ever being found. I don't see him holding onto her for >2 days in 100 degree heat - if he was going to dispose of the body elsewhere, he would have left sooner.

Attachments

• OBX.JPG
    OBX.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 34
"We had some terrible weather early on, but the squall has passed," Dare County Chief Deputy Steve Hoggard said Thursday afternoon. "It's just now cleared up."

Hoggard said the weather prevented a search by air or with dogs. Crews started a ground search in the general residential area and continued in the national park area of Hatteras Island, known for sport fishing and referred to as the blue marlin capital of the world.

Hoggard said the search would resume this morning.

The terrain consists of miles of sand dunes and scrub brush, making the hunt that much more difficult.

Tasha Holland, Jackenheimer's sister, told Schonauer Thursday's search was called off around 5 p.m.

Despite not knowing where Jackenheimer is, her family is keeping the faith.

"They still think that he's got her somewhere, and she's still alive," Schonauer said.

Family members are appealing to others to make the trip to North Carolina to help, and to bring T-shirts promoting the search. Several people from Goodfellows will do just that if Jackenheimer hasn't been found by Sunday.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...uter-Banks?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZOda60
Back