GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around him telling he killed her. I wonder how wide spread the search for him is now?

Does anyone really believe he drove off the island with her in the car? A Honda civic is a compact car I know when we travel to the beach there isn't any extra room anywhere in the trunk. The search warrant states authorities believe she's buried on the island. Limits at ATM machine very by accounts and user settings. Mine has a $1000 limit which isn't alot of money if your on the run.

I think the warrent is based on what the brother told them ,but Nate might not have said where he really put her in the brush. They used the information to secure warrents. I dont think it has a deeper meaning than that at this point. Althou the kill devil hill search and nag head makes me question if they have evidence of him being in that area the morning in question.

I hope people there on those dates check their camera's for images and Roanoke island is sarched as well.

I really believe there is a chance he did take her off the island. He would not have been able to make a run for it had she been found before he dropped off the kids. Leaving her buried under the shifting sands would be very risky and he would know that .

Just saw this story on Fox News... It's getting out there.. that's a good thing

Does anyone really believe he drove off the island with her in the car? A Honda civic is a compact car I know when we travel to the beach there isn't any extra room anywhere in the trunk. The search warrant states authorities believe she's buried on the island. Limits at ATM machine very by accounts and user settings. Mine has a $1000 limit which isn't alot of money if your on the run.

Not after hearing some locals talk about traffic on/of the island. Not to be crude, but can you imagine being stuck in traffic with two kids in the car on a scorching day with a dead body in the trunk!

That being said, I continue to see stuff on here that defies all reasonable thinking - so WHO KNOWS!

thanx surfie! im still not caught up with minor details (cant read today) but imo its odd that he dropped the kids off. on the one hand he made sure of their safety in that respect (no medals for doing the right thing or anything) so, did he think that if he hurried up and dropped the kids with/in or on time frame that her parents wouldnt notice she was missing till he was long gone? imo the only way that would work is if he threatened or lied to them.... i would think that that would be the first thing out of a kids mouth was that mom didnt come home with them....:waitasec:

I read that grandparents found the girl at the house alone. Maybe he knew they'd be at church on Sunday morning so he picked that time to drop her off without any questions being asked. Then he dropped off the boy at his brother's & confessed. I'll go back & try to find the link - there were several different stories on the drop-off.

There are alot of areas around where their beach house was that he could've easily buried her. I think the police have her suitcase and that's where they found her cell phone, depending on where they found the suitcase they would need a warrant to open it to preserve the chain of evidence. No way he put her in the car it's just to small and in the heat the body would start to decomp and smell. She's either buried or in the back water some where

Hello, all. It's really sad that it is taking so long for national media to put this guy's face out there. Someone, somewhere has seen him, will see him..
I have been following the story on our local media and information is slow in coming out. I know it's a tourist location and no one wants to hamper that, but they are sure focusing on the OBX for the search, so what gives?
I realize he told the brother he buried her in the brush, but is that really the only evidence they have for conducting a massive search?? I can't shake the feeling that they have more evidence leading them there. Why did they refuse FBI help? Something is wrong here, but that's just my feelings on it.
he could have easily put her in a cooler and stored it in the trunk. No one on the OBX would even question someone toting a cooler. It would also seal, perhaps enough to prevent an odor.

They said on Wavy last night that her cell phone was in her luggage, which Nate dropped off in Ohio.
He kept her cellphone, luggage and children and returned them to Ohio, but supposedly he left her body under some brush in the OBX? They need to find him and the car... I don't think he ever left her there.

Only my two cents...

I read that grandparents found the girl at the house alone. Maybe he knew they'd be at church on Sunday morning so he picked that time to drop her off without any questions being asked. Then he dropped off the boy at his brother's & confessed. I'll go back & try to find the link - there were several different stories on the drop-off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...friend-told-relatives-strangled-vacation.html

Lynn's stepfather, Raymond Johnson, told WOIO that Jackenheimer's 13-year-old daughter, who has special needs, was left at his home in Dorchester, Ohio. 'She was all by herself when we found her,' Johnson said. 'He left her in the house took the little boy to his parents house.

article-2171534-14019A75000005DC-563_634x351.jpg

I'm still of the opinion he murdered her on the island, after the kids were asleep, and left her body there. Yes, there are lots of tourists on the island, especially over the 4th, but there are long stretches of uninhabitated, marshy areas on the outer banks. IMO, it wouldn't be hard at all to conceal a body, especially in the dead of night. JMO

I used to have this model of Honda. If he left everything behind or maybe threw items they took to use at the house (aren't we assuming?) into dumpsters and put 13 yr old and 3 yr belongings in the back seat, she would easily fit into the trunk. For a compact car, it has a spacious trunk.

Do we know when he left he took the most direct route home? He could have driven anywhere, driven through the night, taking crazy routes and disposing of her body, IMO.

Then again, she might be right where he said, but the exact location just isn't known yet.

Such an awful situation. I'm so sorry especially for her children :(

I don't know much about how K-9 searches work, but can they pick up a scent if it's been raining? It has rained nearly every day since July 8, with some heavy thunderstorms. Would her scent still be able to be picked up? Perhaps that is why they aren't using dogs today. Also, there is not enough media attention here on the OBX. I mentioned this to two people at work yesterday and they had no clue that this woman had just gone missing here.

this is a huge problem...& i believe a major part of the reason is this happened in a tourist area/location...it's the middle of summer & i'm sure extremely busy...bad publicity is surely not wanted...maybe you could help spread the word since you are down in that area, post flyers, share with your local friends on Facebook the wanted/missing posters of Lynn & Nate/his car info & also ask those friends to share with their friends...just a thought & could be very helpful

I used to have this model of Honda. If he left everything behind or maybe threw items they took to use at the house (aren't we assuming?) into dumpsters and put 13 yr old and 3 yr belongings in the back seat, she would easily fit into the trunk. For a compact car, it has a spacious trunk.

Do we know when he left he took the most direct route home? He could have driven anywhere, driven through the night, taking crazy routes and disposing of her body, IMO.

Then again, she might be right where he said, but the exact location just isn't known yet.

Such an awful situation. I'm so sorry especially for her children :(

this has frustrated many of us here in Ashland....the dates of the comings & goings in NC & Richmond, VA have been released but NO info has been released as of yet as to the TIMES for some reason...to me the times are key to all this as far as laying groundwork for guessing what Nate was doing, thinking, etc

They said on Wavy last night that her cell phone was in her luggage, which Nate dropped off in Ohio.
He kept her cellphone, luggage and children and returned them to Ohio, but supposedly he left her body under some brush in the OBX? They need to find him and the car... I don't think he ever left her there.

Only my two cents...

alot of people in Ashland feel this way

also, people need to remember that Nate worked at the Cleveland Clinic and surely has enough basic medical knowledge from schooling & experience, to know the processes of decomposition & what all it entails (stiffening, softening, odors, etc)...it would not be crazy to think he would know how to "handle" getting her body moved, transported, etc...Nate was obsessed with Lynn, wanted her in his life as a mate (obviously at any cost)...its not crazy to think he didn't leave her & that he took her with him from NC, imo

Has it been stated where in Richmond he stopped? Or what hotel? I am trying to get an idea of where he had been around here and IF he brought her body here where he could have taken her here in the Richmond area :(

I really, really hope that he is too chicken and self-centered to take his own life. I want him alive just for the small hope and chance that he will say where Lynn is. I can also hope - even if the chance is small- that he is holding Lynn against her will because she survived the initial attack.

Where is Lynn?? :(

Hello everyone, I am glad to be a member of this site.
This story is so sad, and I did see it on Fox News, and I live in Florida, so word is getting around. From what I have read, it seems that not much information is being released by police in Ashland. I know it is frustrating, but hey, look how the case with Mickey Shunick was solved over days of silence from the police. I hope all gas stations within the routes out of Ohio are looking, ESPECIALLY with sales of prepaid phones, ex:Tracfone. Nate has to stop for gas, and since he ditched his phone, I imagine he would buy a cheap "throwaway" prepaid phone. I really wish they would release the name of the hotel.....to me, he doesn't seem like he would "dig" on the beach. He would have had to get a shovel, sand everywhere, risk being seen, and digging a hole takes time. I don't mean to sound negative in any way, but have they checked the landfill that Richmond uses? If he decided to put her in a dumpster, (maybe near hotel) where would that end up? Just my thoughts and my prayers are with this family.

Hello everyone, I am glad to be a member of this site.
This story is so sad, and I did see it on Fox News, and I live in Florida, so word is getting around. From what I have read, it seems that not much information is being released by police in Ashland. I know it is frustrating, but hey, look how the case with Mickey Shunick was solved over days of silence from the police. I hope all gas stations within the routes out of Ohio are looking, ESPECIALLY with sales of prepaid phones, ex:Tracfone. Nate has to stop for gas, and since he ditched his phone, I imagine he would buy a cheap "throwaway" prepaid phone. I really wish they would release the name of the hotel.....to me, he doesn't seem like he would "dig" on the beach. He would have had to get a shovel, sand everywhere, risk being seen, and digging a hole takes time. I don't mean to sound negative in any way, but have they checked the landfill that Richmond uses? If he decided to put her in a dumpster, (maybe near hotel) where would that end up? Just my thoughts and my prayers are with this family.

*******Welcome Janeycat1**********
:rollercoaster::fireworks::Welcome1:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member