GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking he is on his way to Oregon. I hope LE can track him down soon...and before he may decide to do himself in. What is the average maximum that can be withdrawn from an ATM these days? Is it possible he's heading out of the country? Mexico...Canada? He must be a very unstable person or emotionally immature to have thown his life away and to have done something so violent. He was educated and had a good job. What couldn't be worked out?

Prayers for her family and friends....and LE in quickly finding them both.

I must have missed something...why Oregon?

This is a little different story....

On July 3, C, Jackenheimer's daughter from a previous relationship, called her grandfather to tell him about how she'd played in the ocean with her mom.

The next morning, C awoke and couldn't find Jackenheimer, Holland said. According to Holland, when C asked Summerfield where she was, he told her Jackenheimer had drunk two bottles of wine, ran into the ocean and was lost.

When Holland and her family heard what had happened, she said, they rushed to Nathan Summerfield's house in Ashland. There they found C playing on the computer, she said. Both children are now with Jackenheimer's parents, Holland said.

On Tuesday, Dare investigators continued to search, but not to the extent they did Monday, when a helicopter and canines were used, said Chief Deputy Steve Hoggard of the Dare County Sheriff's Office. He said the Federal Bureau of Investigation has been notified, though federal agents are not actively involved in the case. "Right now, we're just waiting for more information," he said.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/07/911-call-sparks-twostate-hunt-missing-mom

He could easily have pulled off at Pea Island Refuge and easily stuck her under brush in just minutes- we have been there many times. There are a number of other similar places along 12 with the low brush.
http://www.fws.gov/PeaIsland/
img_1877.jpg

Along 64 or 158 there are thick thick woods and brush, she could really be anywhere!

If He killed her , it was most likey not planned and rigor mortis would have started setting in after 3 hours and would peak at 12. Heat can speed up the process but if he was trying to hide her it would be very hard if he missed the 3 hour window. With the beach being busy and people everywhere.

The island is not wide .

Here is a link to pea island .

http://www.fws.gov/peaisland/

It is 1/4 mile up to a mile wide and 10 miles long.

Not such a huge area that it couldnt be cleared in a few days but they do have snakes.

I just dont see him hiding her there if he hoped to get away with her murder. People are all over the outbanks . It should be searched though I just have a heard time thinking she would not have been found yet. I wish I would get over that. I am still "looking " at OBX places .

Just posted

The police report says Jackenheimer told the arriving officer that she found a money order for $520 addressed to a city in Poland. When she confronted Summerfield about it, she said he told her it was something for a friend. Jackenheimer said that he used steroids in the past and that she knew the steroids came from Poland, according to the report.

^ report mentioned is from the 2009 abuse where he choked her.

WAVY.com has confirmed with Ashland authorities that Summerfield spent the night in a Richmond area hotel with the children on July 6. They checked out the next day, but Capt. Reichert said he does not know where they were from Saturday morning until Summerfield showed up at his parents' house Sunday.

It wouldn't have taken all day for them to reach Ohio from Richmond. Wonder what exactly they did during the time they weren't driving.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/missing-moms-boyfriend-had-abusive-past

If He killed her , it was most likey not planned and rigor mortis would have started setting in after 3 hours and would peak at 12. Heat can speed up the process but if he was trying to hide her it would be very hard if he missed the 3 hour window. With the beach being busy and people everywhere.

The island is not wide .

Here is a link to pea island .

http://www.fws.gov/peaisland/

It is 1/4 mile up to a mile wide and 10 miles long.

Not such a huge area that it couldnt be cleared in a few days but they do have snakes.
I would think she'd be on the mainland if she isn't right around the house, but like you mentioned the island really isn't that wide and easily gone through. He could have stashed her along the way on 12 or close to it, but we have seen the vultures circling there for deer & foxes hit by cars. With the heat they'd be all over her and I think pretty obvious!

I would think she'd be on the mainland if she isn't right around the house, but like you mentioned the island really isn't that wide and easily gone through. He could have stashed her along the way on 12 or close to it, but we have seen the vultures circling there for deer & foxes hit by cars. With the heat they'd be all over her and I think pretty obvious!

I don't know. Looking at the street views and photos of the areas around Salvo reminds me somewhat of the Gilgo Beach area where several victims of the Long Island serial killer were found.

That part of LI is also very narrow, has a well traveled road cutting through it and is surrounded by dense brush that made it very difficult for LE to find victims, even when they were located less than 50 feet from the roadside.

I don't know. Looking at the street views and photos of the areas around Salvo reminds me somewhat of the Gilgo Beach area where several victims of the Long Island serial killer were found.

That part of LI is also very narrow, has a well traveled road cutting through it and is surrounded by dense brush that made it very difficult for LE to find victims, even when they were located less than 50 feet from the roadside.

The woman on OBP were not being looked for and when Shannon Gilbert was being looked for ,they found their remains. I still have no clue why SG wasnt found until she was.

I thought about how OBX was like that part of NY. Except 10 times more wonderful!! Also probably more visited although that is purely speculation.

More information about NS's violent past with other women, going back to 2004

According to a sheriff's office report, Summerfield crawled through a teenage girl's bedroom window to talk to her about their recent breakup. He did not touch her or threaten her, the report said.

When the girl said she was going to call out for her parents, the report said, Summerfield broke two bedroom windows with his fist. A window in the girl's car also was broken.

In May 2005, Summerfield was issued a summons charging him with aggravated menacing. A judge had ordered him to stay away from the family, especially the 17-year-old girl. Reports said Summerfield threatened to kill the girl's father -- a claim he denied -- and declared his intention to marry her in phone calls.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...d-previous-violence-issues-authorities-report

Previous news stories said NS was a star football player in high school. It sounds as though his use of steroids (and "roid rage") may have started then.

I'm surprised he was able to keep his steroid use from his employers at Cleveland Clinic.

map this address for general location of the area th house they rented is most likey in.

26555 Colony Drive, Salvo, NORTH CAROLINA 27972

it does show an area which is fairly close that should be considered.

This is not the address to the place they stayed ,just a house in that neighborhood.

Actually, the OBX is approximately 200 miles long, with most of the area having a width greater than a mile. Your link and stats are for Pea Island, which is just a portion of NC-12 through Cape Hatteras. Nags Head is north of Pea Island, on a much wider part of the island. And even though it's the beach, we have quite a bit of wooded areas, marshy areas and canals. There is a lot of area to cover.

Actually, the OBX is approximately 200 miles long, with most of the area having a width greater than a mile. Your link and stats are for Pea Island, which is just a portion of NC-12 through Cape Hatteras. Nags Head is north of Pea Island, on a much wider part of the island. And even though it's the beach, we have quite a bit of wooded areas, marshy areas and canals. There is a lot of area to cover.

Very true. And the sound side will be the hardest to look through. Along with snakes, the groundcover is a little different than in the woods. It is 'bushy' for lack of a better term, the ground cover is thick with lowlying shrubbs that grow along the ground as opposed to into a 'bush'..with prickly branches. Add in sinking in some places since it looks like its solid, but its not. I don't know what the alligator population is, but we have them here in the lakes and sometimes they will end up over on the ocean side. Top Sail and Surf City had an alligator hanging out on the ocean side of the beach. The alligator comes and goes and even goes in the water from time to time. And there are Sea Gulls on the beach, if she is not buried well, the sea gulls will be there.

It will take some time to search everything and possibly everywhere they had been. I hope they are able to get some information that will narrow the search a little bit.

Kelly

In one of the articles I read yesterday, it mentioned that he'd burned her body. Did anyone else read this? A bonfire on the 4th. wouldn't have been noticed IMO. I'm with the 'he left the body on the island' group. JMO

The reward for information about missing Ashland County mom 33-year-old Lynn Jackenheimer has grown to $8,000.

Friends of Jackenheimer and local businesses started the reward on Monday evening and it has grown substantially since then.

#####

Police in North Carolina said they plan to resume a search for Jackenheimer Thursday morning. Meanwhile, some friends and family of the missing mom are headed to North Carolina to conduct their own search.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...t-missing-ashland-county-mother#ixzz20Lq2ubud

In one of the articles I read yesterday, it mentioned that he'd burned her body. Did anyone else read this? A bonfire on the 4th. wouldn't have been noticed IMO. I'm with the 'he left the body on the island' group. JMO

I had not read this, but I would think a bonfire would have been noticed. As a matter of fact, I am not really sure, but I don't think you can have a bonfire since most of the OBX is a wildlife refuge. I could be wrong, but I can't remember anytime I have seen a bonfire at the beach. Not that they don't have them, but the shoreline is owned by the gov't. The beach houses don't own that part of the beach. They just own the right to access. IMHO. I will definitely have to look around and see what I can find!

Kelly

Sitting around a bonfire on the beach can be romantic and relaxing and it's certainly not something you get to do everyday. Before you make plans to build a bonfire, be sure you know which towns allow them. The regulations are as follows:
Corolla
Duck
Southern Shores
Kitty Hawk
Kill Devil Hills Bonfires not allowed.

Nags Head Permits are required and are obtained from the office of the town firemarshall. Fires cannot be built within 50 feet of any combustible material, including buildings, beach grass, sea oats and driftwood. In addition, the hollowed-out pit must be no larger than 3 feet in diameter and not less than 1 foot in depth. The fire must be attended by a competent adult and must be extinguised prior to leaving.

Cape Hatteras National Seashore Ground fires are permitted on the beach below the high tide line and a permit is not required. And, as above, the fire must be attended by an adult and be completely extinguished before leaving the site of the bonfire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle
Back