GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His hearing for extradition is tomorrow. If he doesn't fight it...NC can begin the court case right away. But if he does, he can fight extradition for up to 90 days.

capital punishment is fairly uncommon in NC.
North Carolina has performed 43 executions since 1976. By comparison, Ohio has executed 47 prisoners since the death penalty was reinstated in 1999.

BUT.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20120816/NEWS01/208160311

On the sign in sheet NS filled out, he didn't list a red truck as his vechicle. Here's a picture gallery (notice the car parked in front of his room) I do believe that is the description he wrote in his sign in paper. You can also see his sign in sheet at this link: http://www.newsnet5.com/gallery/new...-nate-summerfield-in-lynn-jackenheimer-murder

I noticed that the news blurred the licence plate in the photos.

Lamb is absolutely right, rollinginit. There are only 2 sentences for 1st Degree Murder according to the NC General Statutes: the Death Penalty (lethal injection) and Life Without Parole. Period.

We don't have sentences like, "30 years to life," etc., for 1st Degree. In fact, a 23-year-old in Raleigh, NC, was sentenced today to LWOP. In 2010 He used a baseball bat to beat the asst. mgr. of a Domino's Pizza place -- for a whopping amount of $1500.00 or so. The poor guy died two days later of severe head injuries.

Certainly there are appeals, etc., but LWOP is indeed LWOP. So, that's a comfort, IMO, and at least some degree, perhaps, of justice for this selfish and cruel excuse for a man and a father...
icon8.gif

I have been all over Ohio this week for work and stepped off the plane with searching eyes for this creep. It is headline news on the front of the local paper near where I was at this morning in Zanesville, OH. I was thrilled to see he had been caught.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

From the above link:

North Carolina chief assistant district attorney, Nancy Lamb, has been assigned to prosecute Summerfield. But a backlog of cases will likely push any trial proceedings back to 2014.

From the above link:

North Carolina chief assistant district attorney, Nancy Lamb, has been assigned to prosecute Summerfield. But a backlog of cases will likely push any trial proceedings back to 2014.

Wow! Talk about delay! :( :waiting:

What does the statement "he used me to get to my mother" mean? Was this a-hole a teacher or something?

What does the statement "he used me to get to my mother" mean? Was this a-hole a teacher or something?

I think NS worked at the Cleveland Clinic. I think the girl that said this is Lynn's autistic 13 year old daughter.

I'm not sure what her statement means.

The legal process for Summerfield in North Carolina is well under way. Evidence against him will be presented to a grand jury Sept. 10 "whether he has been returned to North Carolina or not," Lamb said in a phone interview from her office in North Carolina.

After that, the legal process begins to slow down quite a bit. Superior Court, which handles all felonies, meets for one week once a month. This is part of the reason Lamb said they have a backlog of cases. Including the district attorney, Frank Parrish, their are 12 prosecuting attorneys which cover seven counties, seven agencies and seven sheriff's departments.

The Outer Banks Voice published an article in February claiming "five cases have been pending for time periods ranging from 270 to almost 1,600 days." Lamb said the article was incorrect and there is no case that's been waiting for prosecution that long.

The same article also pointed out there have been several complaints about how long it takes to get to pending cases. At one point, their were six complaints wanting Parrish to step down from office. In March, a judge found "no probable cause" to have him removed.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...f-ashland-mom-lynn-jackenheimer#ixzz23qQJHolT

WOW

Wow, I posted I couldn't believe he hadn't been found yet..and the next post ^^^^ is an hour later saying that he had been. Been on the cases of the missing cousins in Iowa and little Reena in WI. So glad he has been found and justice can prevail. :woohoo:God Bless her parents and may they find strength for his prosecution.

she is autistic...i believe she means in her eyes, he was nice to her so her mom would like him...pretty sure

Hi again folks...been busy here in Ashland as you can imagine...its been a good week!! :)

....and for everyone out there wondering about the person in the red truck, whether Nate had help, etc??....all i can say is stay tuned, because justice is coming

....and for everyone out there wondering about the person in the red truck, whether Nate had help, etc??....all i can say is stay tuned, because justice is coming

That's good, snicky. At first, I thought he didn't have any help but at this point, it really sounds like he had a lot of help.

Authorities say they found his grey Honda Civic in Western Michigan near the Indiana border. The trail was cold by the time they found it on Aug. 8 in a Meijer store parking lot.

"It looked and appeared like it was sitting there for at least a couple weeks," the marshal says.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/state/article/256398/23/Investigator-Tracking-down-Nate-Summerfield

bbm

So good to check Lynn's thread and see that NS has finally been captured. Justice for her can finally begin.

I suspected a possible tie in with JayS for help after going through his family tree. I guess we'll have to wait to see if JS drives a red pick up truck then? :wink:

MOO

From the above link:

Well, what a pity -- he'll have to stay in the county jailhouse till then -- chances are very, very doubtful-to-impossible for that thing called bail. Looks like Dare County is as booked-up for trying cases as Wake County is...

The difference is that the population for the Dare County and surrounding areas is comparatively small, so the DA's office represents Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Pasquotank, and Perqiumans counties. That's probably why that office is already booked up till 2014. Just giving this info in case you hear her associated with another one of those counties.

If this link has already been posted, please ignore...

http://www.onntv.com/content/stories/2012/08/17/story-nate-summerfield-court.html

So good to check Lynn's thread and see that NS has finally been captured. Justice for her can finally begin.

I suspected a possible tie in with JayS for help after going through his family tree. I guess we'll have to wait to see if JS drives a red pick up truck then? :wink:

MOO

I'm with you on that. Uncle Jay seems to know the ins and outs of running from the law.
I keep thinking that Uncle Jay helped Nate turn himself in and that's why everything went smoothly in Medina.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back