NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm so glad that he got turned down. He doesn't deserve to ever get out. I saw him and his wife on some program awhile back. He is still arrogant and said he had been trying to get whoever to check out the DNA because he is sure that it will prove that he is innocent. He does have a pretty wife and they were supposed to have met when he was still out after the murders.
Just watching her and listening to her made me really wonder what kind of problems she has to have married him.

He still harps about the hippys and the woman in the big hat. That gal was so high on drugs all of the time and so messed up that she wouldn't have known what end was up much less help commit 3 murders.

I watched Hardball Tuesday night on MSNBC and they had on Collette's brother. He mentioned that Macdonald killed Collette because she caught him molesting their older daughter. That this was proven because her urine was found on their bed. Does anyone remember this information? I sure don't, but then it has been a long time since I read anything on this case. :confused:

enigma said:
I watched Hardball Tuesday night on MSNBC and they had on Collette's brother. He mentioned that Macdonald killed Collette because she caught him molesting their older daughter. That this was proven because her urine was found on their bed. Does anyone remember this information? I sure don't, but then it has been a long time since I read anything on this case. :confused:

How sad Enigma. I never heard that and am not sure if urine on the bed "proves" the idea. Wouldn't the medical examiner be able to tell?

I always thought his story was fishy not just because of his wounds being insignificant compared to the girls but because the younger childs wounds were not like the others. It was as if he made himself do that one.

His story was really fishy when you think about attacking a family in this way. The man would be the first to be killed because he would pose the biggest threat. Very risky to attack the weaker victims while the stronger is able to possibly attack you.

enigma said:

That's the first I've heard there was a molestation claim. They did find the urine of one of the daughters in the parents' bed, and the federal prosecutor theorized that a fight had erupted over bedwetting.

Nova said:
That's the first I've heard there was a molestation claim. They did find the urine of one of the daughters in the parents' bed, and the federal prosecutor theorized that a fight had erupted over bedwetting.

It was Freddie Kassab, Colette and Bob's stepfather that first came up with the theory that Colette caught Macdonald molesting their elder daughter, Kimberly. You can read Kassab's theory here

It's based on Macdonald's lies about which child wet the Master bed that night. MacDonald claims and still insists to this day that it was Kristen, his two-year old that wet the bed that night. The lab reports show the urine in the master bed belonged to Kimberly, his eldest, not Kristen. Why has MacDonald lied about which child was in the MB that night. For some reason, he will not admit it was Kimberly. As well, it was brought up that night with Colette and her child psychology class that Macdonald insisted that Colette leave the MB and go sleep on the couch when one of the girls came into their bed at night. Now why would a grown man want his daughter to sleep with him and not his wife?

Parole denied and he cannot apply for another 25 years! Thank goodness.

p.s. I have a hard time believing that MacDonald was molesting Kimberly but the fight did start in the Mb that night.

smellsarat said:
:confused: And no it's not Scott Peterson...yet!!!
Tonight on Chris Matthews about the Jeffrey MaDonald :razz: case...teaser said...a strange twist in the case ..................for those still interested...heck , his was the case that started many of our obsessions!!!

OMG, I never thought of it that way SR but you are correct. Fatal Vision was the first true crime book I read and it got me hooked. I've been researching the MacDonald case for years now. It fascinates me.

atbay said:
Wish I could be as sure as y'all are on his guilt. I'm sure anyone writing will have read both "Fatals". The invasion scenario was unlikely at best but a possibility considering the Dr.s alienating the village druggies.

If it is better a hundred guilty go free than a single innocent person lose their liberty, cut him loose already!

Cut loose a triple murderer!

Parole Denied!!!!

Yep - just read that on another board. Parole denied and he is not eligible to apply again for another 25 years! WHOOHOO!!

Good - he's right where he should be! And fortunately he'll die of old age before he ever sees that date come! lol!

Jules said:
Yep - just read that on another board. Parole denied and he is not eligible to apply again for another 25 years! WHOOHOO!!

Yes!! I knew he wouldn't get far with the no remorse/I'm innocent attitude.

Me too. Wonder what his wife will do now? Wonder if she seriously thought he would get out?

Thanks for posting the link. I read several places he wasn't eligible again for 25 years - that article says 15. Any idea which is accurate? In either case, I doubt he'll make it to either date as he's not looking too well.

Jules said:
Thanks for posting the link. I read several places he wasn't eligible again for 25 years - that article says 15. Any idea which is accurate? In either case, I doubt he'll make it to either date as he's not looking too well.

I don't know. But if it is 15 years, he'd be about 76yo (if he lives that long). Either way, it effectively guarantees he'll die before seeing freedom. Boo hoo-his wife and kids didn't have all the years he has.

This is a tough case, but I can vaguely remember seeing a documentary about these murders and thinking at the time that he was innocent. I know they can sway the program to either side, but I came away from the show thinking it was a case of the wrong guy getting convicted. I can't tell you all the evidence or anything like that, been too long since I watched it, but I do remember thinking he didn't do it. Guess it doesn't matter much if he isn't eligible for another 15 years, but what a travesty it would be if he were innocent and someone has gotten away with these murders all these years.

Please don't start flaming me saying how could I believe that. I'm just stating my opinion. I'd have to review the case info again to see if what I remember feeling is accurate.

Hi Miles,

I, too, believed at one point he was innocent. However, after reading many books and articles, as well as the trascripts, I changed my mind. I firmly believe he is guilty.

However, even if I didn't believe he was guilty, I know at least one - Helena Stockely - has died. Actually, I think another did too, but don't remember for sure. That would make it extremely difficult to prove they did do this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back