NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly couldn't tell you. I don't believe so because you can log in using VK it says.

Here is the link again if it helps!

I looked through her account. Many many photos of landscapes, flowers, etc. Many photos of her. Only a very few photos of her daughter.

I looked through her account. Many many photos of landscapes, flowers, etc. Many photos of her. Only a very few photos of her daughter.
I took a scroll through that account as well. I noticed it says she lives in Ocho-Rioss, Jamaica. I don't know what that means in the scheme of things but I wonder if LE has followed that lead? Does she have connections there? The optimist in me wants to hope the mom has spirited the child away somewhere to safety and maybe friends/family are involved? My opinions only.

TIMELINE UPDATES in RED

W NOV 23 - LAST SEEN
NO SCHOOL [4]
[PM] - last seen at home [1]

Th NOV 24 - DAY 1
THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL [4]

F NOV 25 - DAY 2
THANKSGIVING BREAK - NO SCHOOL [4]

Su NOV 27 - DAY 4
[PM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at the residence "at all hours" beginning on this day [5@2:22]

Th DEC 15 - REPORTED MISSING - DAY 22
[TIME?] - reported missing to Bailey Middle School SRO by "parents" [1]

F DEC 16 - DAY 23
[PM] FBI, SBI searching residence, "spent hours digging in the ground in her backyard, and searching for evidence inside the home" [3]

Sa DEC 17 - SDadCP & MomDC ARRESTED - DAY 24
12:29AM [6] - SDadCP arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [2]
[AM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at residence up to this time [5@2:22]
10:12AM - MomDC arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [7]

Su DEC 18 - DAY 25
[PM] - FBI, SBI, CPD return to residence, collect evidence, bring in K9 unit, tow vehicle [8]

MC1.jpg

SOURCES
[1] Cornelius PD FB post - Dec 15
[2] Stepdad of missing 11-year-old - WSOC - Dec 16
[3] FBI, SBI search Cornelius home - WCCB - Dec 16
[4] Bailey MIddle School calendar
[5] Police asking for public's help... VIDEO - WCNC - Dec 17
[6] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Christopher Palmiter (saved on Wayback)
[7] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Diana Cojocari (saved on Wayback)
[8] FBI, SBI Return to Home of 11-Year-Old... - WCCB - Dec 18

---------------------------------------

MOOs

There's damage on that front driver-side bumper and side panel of that Toyota, both directly under the headlight and between the headlight and the wheel well. (The darker part on the side is a reflection -- not damage.) It doesn't seem (to my inexpert eyes) the sort of damage that would come from running into another vehicle or a stop sign or something of that nature; you'd think that would damage the headlight as well. Unless the headlight has been replaced already and the body work hasn't been completed yet?

MC1b.jpg

Nice find on the damage on the car @wnk ! No doubt stepdad could have replaced the headlight, but from what it looks like at the time it was towed away, seems like something hit the car, rather than the car hit something? Maybe it was in a tight garage and someone was trying to get something past it, like a big metal tool, and dented it and pulled off part of the bumper where it got stuck. Totally novice opinion here and MOO, etc.

I took a scroll through that account as well. I noticed it says she lives in Ocho-Rioss, Jamaica. I don't know what that means in the scheme of things but I wonder if LE has followed that lead? Does she have connections there? The optimist in me wants to hope the mom has spirited the child away somewhere to safety and maybe friends/family are involved? My opinions only.
bolding mine.
I wish that was the case !
But the mom's continue (imo) silence doesn't bode well.
:mad:
Again just my .02.
Where are you, sweet child ??????
:( :( :(

Nice find on the damage on the car @wnk ! No doubt stepdad could have replaced the headlight, but from what it looks like at the time it was towed away, seems like something hit the car, rather than the car hit something? Maybe it was in a tight garage and someone was trying to get something past it, like a big metal tool, and dented it and pulled off part of the bumper where it got stuck. Totally novice opinion here and MOO, etc.
Good thought. It does almost seem like it was damaged from above rather than straight-on.

Searching the Cornelius Today Police blotter came up with a "B&E vehicle" incident, filed by MomDC from July 2019 (LINK) Nothing else for either family surname or the address.

The Cornelius Police Dept has been good about updating their FB pretty often about Madalina.

Here is their latest post from appx 1 hour ago.
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02UBQXfffZ9qZurjC2w52GrMZPKhQoMnHdtGwNwNQHraQdYMvESGSaixf5yRNka1vJl&id=100064556297196

Here is their main FB page.... looks like they've posted about her case (updates, press releases etc) 7x the last 3 days.
https://www.facebook.com/100064556297196/
This is so helpful as I am not on FB. If mother is victim rather than willful participant, I hope she has a good lawyer and is cooperating in finding Madalina as much as she is able.

A couple other things of note from her linked in (posted above):
  • Current employment is Mary Kay consultant, not a job where you would have set hours and people you see on a schedule as far as I know. Unclear if that is still her job, or if it was just never updated after that was included.
  • Looks like she moved to the US in December 2015 or January 2016, based on job changes
  • She never changed her location in her profile to the US even though the job was updated at some point.

If she was from another country, I guess the husband could have had some sort of hold over her. Maybe held onto her passport, or threatened to have her deported?

I'm from CA and I can't imaging a fire burning for days and no one reporting it. I know NC isn't dry like CA but as a neighbor I would have felt uneasy with a fire burning that long! All I can think of is something like a funeral pyre.
From what I have heard/read it takes a lot to burn a body. So, if they could have waited to report her missing after all evidence was cleaned up. Which is so sad.

This is the FB profile that has the stockings photo: Log in or sign up to view (click through the header image history). The photo in the profile is clearly the mother and there is reference in the caption of a coloring page of a horse to the daughter.
yeah two other names. Maybe pets?

I don't think the bumper is off, just dented. If you look at the uncropped pic what looks like a bumper is the tow truck ramp. Still, something happened to that car although it may be totally unrelated to Madalina.

Something that puzzles me is why they didn't just withdraw M from school and say they were going to homeschool her? There doesn't seem to be a requirement to present the child in person - in fact, that was the ruse Erica P's adoptive parents used to cover her death.

I wonder (JMO) if Madalina's bio family were requesting to visit her for the holidays and that sparked the need to report her missing. MOO.

Something that puzzles me is why they didn't just withdraw M from school and say they were going to homeschool her? There doesn't seem to be a requirement to present the child in person - in fact, that was the ruse Erica P's adoptive parents used to cover her death.
I don’t think they were savvy to school procedures, imo. Had they been, I’m not sure there would be a search going on.

I was really hoping this IMO was a situation where Madalina went to visit her bio dad duing Thanksgiving break and it was planned for her to stay with him until Christmas (online or home schooling?) and maybe he told her mom and stepdad that she wouldn't be coming back and was giving them threats if they contacted LE, so they waited to report her missing thinking that bio dad and Madalina are long gone and would be difficult to find. However, I know in my heart that really isn't what happened, but that would be an optimistic outcome that I could hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist