NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we're missing a huge chunk of information because on the surface it looks like these are the dumbest criminals ever.
ETA: RSBM

Hoping you are right and there is a quick resolution.

OTOH, I know there are many hopeful folks on this thread, and I honor that. I have a whole array of hats I’d be happy to choose from to eat if the others of us are wrong. But I do think this will have a quick and sad resolution.
MOO

Last edited:
Hmm, rethinking the report that Madalina was last seen at 10 pm in her home. I had thought it was maybe at bedtime.

It's also reported that when last seen she was wearing jeans, pink, purple and white Adidas shoes, and a white t-shirt and jacket. That doesn't jibe with bedtime.

Unless of course someone is lying. What was happening at 10 pm I wonder?

Funny, I'm suspecting the opposite, that mom and/or stepdad told LE they last saw her at 10 pm, perhaps at her bedtime.

Then what? They wake up the next morning and she's gone so they do nothing? Two weeks later they go not to the police but to her school to report her missing. Who notified police at that point I wonder, parents or school?

Obviously we're missing a huge chunk of information because on the surface it looks like these are the dumbest criminals ever. IMO.
The School Resource Officer is a sworn Officer employed by Cornelius Police Department so, when they contacted him, they were contacting police.

Hmm, rethinking the report that Madalina was last seen at 10 pm in her home. I had thought it was maybe at bedtime.

It's also reported that when last seen she was wearing jeans, pink, purple and white Adidas shoes, and a white t-shirt and jacket. That doesn't jibe with bedtime.

You have 2 someones lying. But hypothetically, that still makes sense with it being bedtime. Just means that they didn't check on her after she said goodnight or after they saw her go into her room.

Regardless, their 11 year old was missing by the next morning (Thanksgiving Day) and they did nothing. Except apparently make sure their yard was tidy and put up some Christmas decorations.

The School Resource Officer is a sworn Officer employed by Cornelius Police Department so, when they contacted him, they were contacting police.

That's how it is in my school district, too. The resource officer is just a police officer who is assigned to work at the school instead of out in the community.

By that time, they were receiving certified mail about truancy. They had to do something and were still trying to avoid police formally being notified. If they wanted to notify LE, the Cornelius Police Dept is right outside the entrance of their neighborhood.

They went to talk to the school, the Principal notified the SRO and the SRO filed a report.

So funny, that literally just caught my attention as well and I was going to mention it.

I thought bed time as well then realized 11.24 was Thanksgiving so the 23rd wasn't a school night, and so maybe she stayed late at a friend's house and got home at that time.

But then realizing these are folks that don't even bother immediately reporting their missing child to the police so, I'm not so sure normal school night/bedtime rules would even be going on here.

IF MY CHILDREN WERE LATE 15 MINUTES FROM GETTING HOME FROM SCHOOL I WAS WALKING OR DRIVING TO LOOK FOR THEM.BELIEVE ME I HAD RULES THEY HAD TO CHECK IN AFTER SCHOOL.BEFORE THEY WENT ANY WHERE ELSE.SO FOR THEM TO REPORT HER MISSING DAYS LATER JUST MAKES ME THINK ,DO THEY REALLY CARE? AND IT MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACHE
Sorry you are here for this reason. I hear you, as many do on this site. My own son did not show up at his bus stop after his first day of kindergarten. I raised holy he!! at his school until he was found. And he was. Happy ending for us. I hear your outrage, but for my part, having been a guidance counselor, I really do think that but for the school and its truancy policy, we wouldn’t be here. The parents might not care, but I think the school did. My opinion only.

Update from LE

For those unable to access Facebook:

Cornelius Police Department

1h ·
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2896856957285172?sorting_setting=CHRONOLOGICAL#
We see your comments and know how much you want to help #FindMadalina. Right now, the best way our community can assist is to flood the area with her precious face. Print the #FBI “Missing” poster and hang it outside your home, in the window of every business, or share our official social media posts. If you have information to help, call the Cornelius Police Department at 704-892-7773 or 1-800-Call FBI.

Just saw this -- please excuse if it is a repeat --

Parents of Missing 11-Year-Old Girl Arrested After They Allegedly Waited 22 Days to Report Her Disappearance​

Madalina Cojocari, 11, was last seen at her home in Cornelius, N.C., on Nov. 23​

By Tristan Balagtas
Published on December 19, 2022 02:35 PM
Authorities arrested the mother and stepfather of a missing North Carolina girl after they allegedly waited more than three weeks to report her disappearance.
According to the Cornelius Police Department, Diana Cojocari and her husband Christopher Palmiter have been charged with failure to report the disappearance of a child to law enforcement, after Diana's daughter Madalina Cojocari vanished on Nov. 23.
Madalina, 11, was last seen at her home in Cornelius, N.C., about 20 miles outside of Charlotte, a news release reads. Her mother and stepfather allegedly reported her missing to a school resource officer at Bailey Middle School on Dec. 15.
---------------
More here --

You have 2 someones lying. But hypothetically, that still makes sense with it being bedtime. Just means that they didn't check on her after she said goodnight or after they saw her go into her room.

Regardless, their 11 year old was missing by the next morning (Thanksgiving Day) and they did nothing. Except apparently make sure their yard was tidy and put up some Christmas decorations.
bolding mine.
That (bolded) part of their actions is infuriating.
:mad:
If your child is missing, your whole existence comes to a screeching halt !
Nothing else should matter except finding your child safe and sound !!!!

Here's a more local report:
---------------------------------------------

FBI, SBI Return To Home Of 11-Year-Old Cornelius Girl, One Day After Arrest Of Parent 23 hours ago WCCB Staff, Trish Williford

UPDATE — (Sunday)
CORNELIUS, N.C. — The FBI, SBI, and Cornelius Police Detectives returned to the home of 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari Sunday afternoon. She’s been missing for more than three weeks. WCCB News was the only crew on the scene as investigators took pictures outside the home, and collected more evidence inside. They also towed a car from the family’s garage, and brought in a canine unit. Investigators told WCCB News they were there to conduct another thorough search to make sure nothing is overlooked.
-------------------
More here:

I looked at the website for the HOA to see if I could find anything about burning leaves (or worse) or restrictions against same. The relevant information is here, in the PDF document VB Covenants, on page 15:
Victoria Bay > Your HOA at Work > Covenants and Bylaws
ARTICLE VII. RESTRICTIONS.
Section 2. Prohibited Activities. No noxious or offensive activity shall be conducted on any Lot. Each owner of any Lot, his family, tenants, guests and invitees, shall refrain from any act or use of his property which could reasonably cause embarrassment, discomfort, annoyance or nuisance to any other resident or residents of any other Lot.

Interpret this as you wish; for my part I wouldn't be burning leaves or anything else (and would be using a gas grill for any outdoor cooking) if I lived there.

MOO IANAL YMMV

Lake Norman is huge but their neighborhood isn't "really" on the lake. People canoe and kayak there but it's not fully connected to the main lake. If she's in the water there, it's not a large area to search and isn't very deep. It wouldn't be a good place to dump a body especially if you live there.

These parents have had weeks to cover their tracks but there always seems to be Google searches left behind, GPS data, DNA evidence and things of that nature. IMO, it's not really a case of IF the parents were involved so LE can devote all of their time to that property, their car, their phones and only those 2 individuals.

According to link: Police are searching Lake Norman so they must have some reason to think she could be there. Report says lake is 2 miles from child's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel