NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mecklenburg County Court records show Cojocari was charged with drug possession on jail premises.
She is set to appear in court Friday morning in reference to the drug possession charge, court records show.

Diana Cojocari was recently charged with possession of a controlled substance while at the Mecklenburg County Detention Center, where she has been since December 2021 when she was initially charged with failing to report the disappearance of her daughter.

Her husband and Madalina’s stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, was also arrested and charged with failing to report her disappearance.

Madalina was last seen by the public getting off of a school bus just before Thanksgiving. She wasn’t reported missing until weeks later.
Could she be moving drugs for someone because she owes them or could she be a drug user herself?

Cojocari faced a judge on Friday, April 14th for the new felony charge. In court, it was revealed that on March 17, a search was conducted at the Mecklenburg County jail. Officers say they found a small clear plastic bag with a white substance inside Cojocari’s shirt. The bag contained a cocaine and fentanyl based substance. Cojocari told officers she found the bag in the shower. Diana Cojocari has been in jail since December 2022 after she and her husband, Christopher Palmiter, were arrested for failure to report a missing child.

Sorry that mugshot photo posted above is so large. I can't figure out how to make it smaller. She looks much better, and much younger, in this recent mugshot that the original one taken when she was arrested in December.

Cojocari faced a judge on Friday, April 14th for the new felony charge. In court, it was revealed that on March 17, a search was conducted at the Mecklenburg County jail. Officers say they found a small clear plastic bag with a white substance inside Cojocari’s shirt. The bag contained a cocaine and fentanyl based substance. Cojocari told officers she found the bag in the shower. Diana Cojocari has been in jail since December 2022 after she and her husband, Christopher Palmiter, were arrested for failure to report a missing child.

Wouldn't it be interesting if all those long phone calls from Diana to people connected to drug operations had nothing to do with Madalina's disappearance and were solely just to hook her (and maybe CP too) up with some recreational drugs?

IMO by now even the most scared mother would have confided with LE regarding her daughter's disappearance. If Madalina's safe somewhere it wouldn't matter to tell and if Diana doesn't know if Madalina is safe, or even where she is then how could she not ask for help to find her?

Nope, it continues to sound like a fairy tale. Until we hear differently from LE I think this is just another case of parents murdering their child. All MOO of course.

Wouldn't it be interesting if all those long phone calls from Diana to people connected to drug operations had nothing to do with Madalina's disappearance and were solely just to hook her (and maybe CP too) up with some recreational drugs?

IMO by now even the most scared mother would have confided with LE regarding her daughter's disappearance. If Madalina's safe somewhere it wouldn't matter to tell and if Diana doesn't know if Madalina is safe, or even where she is then how could she not ask for help to find her?

Nope, it continues to sound like a fairy tale. Until we hear differently from LE I think this is just another case of parents murdering their child. All MOO of course.
I have never believed that those drug-connection phone calls had anything to do with smuggling Madalina to safety. But, who knows, maybe Madalina's disappearance is somehow connected to DC's drug use.

lol....but you'd be able to make the photo smaller, right? My tech abilities are very limited.
Usually when you copy an image and paste it in the reply window you get little blue squares on each corner which allow you to size the photo up or down. If that doesn't appear then I guess you'd have to put it in a graphics program to rescale, which is a PITA.

Usually when you copy an image and paste it in the reply window you get little blue squares on each corner which allow you to size the photo up or down. If that doesn't appear then I guess you'd have to put it in a graphics program to rescale, which is a PITA.
I finally got it! Thank you. Did some practice. I had to mess around with the photo a bit before I was able to manage the little blue squares at the corners. I think it might be too late to edit the image I posted earlier, but now I know. @MsMarple - really appreciate the assistance.

How do you place the two photos (The first booking and this booking photo) side by side?
If this is relatively easy for someone, I will appreciate the knowledge.

(I just copied & pasted the photos from the articles linked below. I resized them using the blue squares at the corners to make them similar in size once I pasted them here.)

1681532283366.png 1681532144389.jpeg

and

This case sure does take some twists and turns. I wonder what else is in store before their hearings in May.
This is the oddest case I have ever followed. Maybe these new drug charges for DC will help lead to Madalina. I've been silently hoping LE will be ready to provide more information by or at the May hearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member