NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In NC, a student has to have 10 consecutive unexcused absences before a school can start a truancy investigation/truancy proceedings.

She was at school on 11/21, confirmed by the bus stop video.
11/23-11/25 were Thanksgiving break so, technically, she only missed 11/28 - 12/9 which is 10 days.

The following week (the week of 12/12) is when the school started truancy proceedings. I don’t want to quote exact dates so as to not be wrong (they should be in the case timeline by @wnk ) but the counselor and SRO dropped off a truancy packet early in the week of 12/12, called to follow up a day or two later to make sure DC got the packet, then the following day is when DC went to the school.

Thankfully, the school did as they are required, otherwise we wouldn’t know MC was missing. That said, 10 consecutive days seems a bit long, IMO, and should be shortened.
BBM
Madalina was seen on the bus Nov 21st.
Thanksgiving break began NOV 23rd

Did she go to school NOV 22nd ?? the day between ???

Have we heard or seen proof she was at school on the 22nd even??
I may have missed it as you all are moving so fast in here :)

BBM

According to the Bailey Middle School calendar Nov. 22 was a school day. The school bus video is from the 21st with nothing in msm from the 22nd. The mother claims to have last seen her on the evening of November 23.

Interesting for sure.

Per Google Maps, from Mecklenberg, NC to Grand Ledge High School:

NC; West Virginia; Columbus, Ohio; Michigan or NC; WV; Dayton, Ohio; Indiana; Michigan.

Anyone familiar with highway camera locations?

Agree that toll roads could be a big help!
All three have have toll roads - they may all be in the same place however, and it won't make any difference.

The backyard was dug and investigated by LE. If there was any indication of human remains, the coroner would have been called in. That has not happened.
Not necessarily though, that a coroner be called in to the backyard.
Kelsey Berreth case, I believe, IIRC , fragments of bones, ashes, were taken to forensic labs.
Same as for Laura Babcock and Tim Bosma cases.

I am still hopeful that whatever was found in the backyard and fire spot have been taken in for forensics and observation.
They will be able to dissect everything that was there.

Gosh--I hate typing that, thinking Madalina's parents did that to her.

BBM

Based on everything that I've read, the last verified sighting was the school bus video on 11/21. DC says that her last sighting was 11/23. CP says his last sighting was around 11/16. As far as I can tell, she was not at school on 11/22.

As a previous post said, the holidays complicate things because families often take an extra day on the front or back end of the holiday.

BBM

I had the same question, which is why I didn’t put anything in my summary from 11/22 and, instead, referred back to the timeline.

Based on everything that I've read, the last verified sighting was the school bus video on 11/21. DC says that her last sighting was 11/23. CP says his last sighting was around 11/16. As far as I can tell, she was not at school on 11/22.

As a previous post said, the holidays complicate things because families often take an extra day on the front or back end of the holiday.
ok.. so we dont know if NOV 22nd or 23rd she was last seen alive ??
Only last seen Nov 21 on bus video. So that was last time seen

ok.. so we dont know if NOV 22nd or 23rd she was last seen alive ??
Only last seen Nov 21 on bus video. So that was last time seen
Exactly, I believe that last confirmed sighting( except mom saying 23rd) was on the 21st November in school bus. I dont think that anyone seen her after that bus video.
Something might have happened on 21st to make Madalina skip school next day.

Just catching up in here !!

Happy New Year everyone !!

I live in Michigan and was wondering where he went to while here.

I will read on to see if anyone has responded as I thought about taking a road trip to wherever he traveled to.
JMO

Do we really know where he traveled at all? Has LE confirmed? Happy that a poster was able to figure out where arrested step-dad CP went to high school.

Wonder if LE has been contacted along likely routes?

Please let us know what you can find out!

Do we really know where he traveled at all? Has LE confirmed? Happy that a poster was able to figure out where arrested step-dad CP went to high school.

Wonder if LE has been contacted along likely routes?

Please let us know what you can find out!
I believe that Michigan trip came from DC but I don’t think it was reported as fact in msm?
I might have missed it. I think most things we know now came from the parents and neighbours( fire in backyard) vs the police. Except bus video showing Madalina on 21st.

IMO ( Im in Europe and can’t read all the articles so I might have missed something)

Post in thread 'NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022'
NC - NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

I believe this link will take us to @wnk ’s most recent timeline with sources from thread 1. I’ve not tried to post a message from another thread before, so forgive me if it doesn’t work properly.

If there are links that some posters can’t read due to a firewall or paywall, let us know, and I’m sure someone can quote or summarize.

Happy new year!

sealing the documents affects the general public and press. How can the defense serve their clients if they can't see the documentation?

A court sealing documents seals those documents from the public and the press, never from those with standing in the case. Both sets of attorneys have the sealed documents.

Why on earth would anyone dispose of (presumably bloodied) items by burning them in their backyard, which predictably drew the attention of the neighbours, when you could spread the items in dumpsters and garbage bins all around the area/state/country?

Im a bit confused by “last seen” in arrest sheet posted above it says she was last seen 1200 hours on the 22nd later it says that DC last seen her 1200 on 23rd.
So which one is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member