NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone else have a feeling we'll find out what happened to MC very soon, like maybe even any day now? CP and DC are amateurs dealing with a whole bunch of pros who have already gathered a lot of info. and now CP is doing a lot of talking. So just going by logic and the recent change in circumstances (DC out of the confinement of jail, CP testifying under oath), I think the experts will win. MOO
Or maybe DC just leaves the country and that's the end. They removed her from the witness list, correct?

Wow. The more that comes out about these two, the more it appears rather obvious DC is entirely responsible for disappearing that child. Also, that CP is seriously missing a backbone. Goodnight.

I'd love to hear from CP's family in Michigan about the time DC and Madalina stayed there, until forced to leave because they were being recorded on that cell phone left on the table.
But this info is ALL coming from the stepdad. I don't know how much of it is true.

I think DC is a loon, and I think she hurt that girl in some weird religious ritual, and got rid of her body (and evidence) as soon as she sent DC to Lansing for the bogus excuse to collect Madalina's clothes.

RSBM. I also can't see why she wouldn't just leave on a plane with her daughter. She had taken the money, could have flown home. No need to start burning furniture.

Speculation - Maybe she harmed Madalina and placed or buried Madalina in the mountains somewhere?

Now, I don't trust an American man who seeks a needy bride and young daughter from overseas, but some of this testimony sure makes CP sound actually that lonely, clueless, and passive and DP sound that completely manipulative and diabolical... (doesn't mean he's not also guilty, though).

I wish they would ask him about the "room" they were building in their kitchen -- remember that?

This is a well-written article from Cornelius Today that is worth reading. The basic facts are the same, but it goes into a few bizarre details from the testimony I hadn't seen before. It also gives a bit more information about Madalina's trundle bed that CP says was on the back porch when he returned from MI. The bed is another red flag for me.

"On cross-examination by Austin Butler, assistant district attorney, Palmiter said that he found the trundle bed from Madalina’s room was on the back porch when he returned from Michigan. All the fabric on it appeared to be burned off, he said, and he sawed up the metal in the garage and disposed of it."

Cojocari once had an idea to turn Madalina into a social media influencer, posting videos of herself reacting happily to various products the way other young women have done. It never came to fruition, he said.

This^^^ seems so odd, considering she was supposedly so paranoid about being recorded and stalked, etc. That does jog my memory about seeing some of those videos back at the start of this case. Makes me sad now, knowing they were fake videos being manipulated by mom for money.

After working and returning from Greensboro the next day, Cojocari told Palmiter to replace the snowflake mug. He drove to the Walmart in Mooresville and, after a lengthy search, found one that matched and bought it.

This seems conflicting with earlier reports---which said they were fighting because she had issues w/the snowflake emblem, seeing it as negative, etc.---so why'd she want a new one?

Throughout the next week, Palmiter said he worked every day, returning late. On one night, they had pizza, Madalina’s favorite food. Her put some pieces on a plate, intending to take it up to Madalina’s room to give it to her for dinner.
He said Cojocari took the plate away from him and said she would take it up to Madalina. He said he didn’t see her that night.

I still cannot accept that he would never try to look in on his daughter, who he'd been with since she was 4. How could weeks go by, and your in the same small house, and you don't even say good morning or good night, once?

I guess my question is…if she got Madalina out of the country why didn’t she go too?

None of this makes sense. None of it.
You are sooo right. None of this makes sense. Most of the new information over past few days is coming from the mouth of CP who will tell lie after lie to save himself from a guilty charge. The company he works for likely doesn't employ convicted felons in their work force.

I still cannot accept that he would never try to look in on his daughter, who he'd been with since she was 4. How could weeks go by, and your in the same small house, and you don't even say good morning or good night, once?
Me neither. One or two days, sure, is possible, but two weeks? It is a 4-bedroom house I read somewhere, now I don't know the square footage, but it doesn't sound like a palace with multiple wings. Mindboggling. But yes, perhaps it's the truth. If they never ate together, Madalina in her own room only (which is already strange in my eyes).

The emergency contact piece I don't find that strange. Often you have to fill this in on school forms etc, and you might think that you can't fill in the spouse but need another person. And want to fill this in quickly. So you take someone that you know where you have the phone number/email without asking them before, because you know it's fine. I have done this.

This is where I end up on the fence:

I haven’t seen any updates re: the male relative that was potentially spotted with Madalina? If these eyewitness accounts are true and Madalina was still in America in July 2023 this would mean Madalina did not get smuggled back to Moldova right away or it took a 7+ months to set up ? IMO if the money was interrupted, could be waiting for outstanding payment to complete the transaction ? ALL moo for discussion.

(Of course keeping in mind eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable)

“The pictures were dated December 16, 2022, the day after Diana Cojocari reported her 11-year-old daughter missing.

The child was seen with a man who resembled Madalina's only known blood relative in the US, cops said. Madalina and Cojocari are originally from Moldova.

Two possible sightings were highlighted in the warrant, one in Sugar Mountain, North Carolina, and a second at a Lowes Food market in Linville.

The possible sightings emerged after a woman claimed that she saw a girl that looked just like Madalina on July 5.”

Is Diana still under the delusion that Putin/Jackson are trying to communicate with her?

Was she  ever? Was it all part of an elaborate plan, a ruse? Was she acting? Or reacting? To real or perceived threats?
I can't decide.
Let's assume M is safe somewhere. All that money to a priest? Who might have access to a network? But let's just say, she found a way to ferret M out of the country.
If so, I'd think she'd have followed already herself.
Passports, cash, I think the intention was to disappear WITH M while the husband was off on errand in Michigan.
I think that poor child was already gone BEFORE he was sent on that errand.
What's with the packed totes? They were either moving in down the block or absconding to Moldova?
The totes packed w/kitchen items makes me believe she was not going to Moldavia. Sounds more like just moving to another house locally.
Why couldn't Diana have just TRAVELED to Moldova? Buy tickets, travel there with M, send a letter to her husband to say she was done and another to the school to say they'd moved to Moldova?
Exactly.
Unless she trusted no one. Extreme paranoia.

So she arranged secret passage? But her runner wouldn't take her, just M? Suddenly she TRUSTS that? Sending her only child alone? If paranoid, why not a random flight pattern? Steal more money, buy tickets at random, leapfrog her way to Moldova?
I cling to hope the child was sent to safety in Moldova or w/relatives in the South. But I do have pangs of doubt and fear it may have ended very badly.
How surprised was he when she showed up at the house and stayed the night?????
Was he happy to see her? I can't tell with him.

The testimony from the college friend and the (2, I believe) brothers gives credibility to me. Would they lie in court and involve themselves when the stakes are not that high for these charges?
*My opinions.

IMO there are a few statements that stand out for me, when CP told DC to say M was being home schooled, that to me says he trying to cover something up. And also all along he was saying DC was afraid of a 3rd party and he didn't know who but now "the who" is the Russian mob or Putin or deceased Michael Jackson. I still think CP and DC are hiding something. Also when the prosecution objects to who was on the cameras the brother installed in the home and the Judge intervened, that also says there is more evidence that they do not want to give out yet. The prosecution gave the defense a hard time over what evidence they could or could not have. CP his brother's and LE know who was on those cameras. We really don't know much about what really happened than what we knew before.

Throughout the next week, Palmiter said he worked every day, returning late. On one night, they had pizza, Madalina’s favorite food. Her put some pieces on a plate, intending to take it up to Madalina’s room to give it to her for dinner.
He said Cojocari took the plate away from him and said she would take it up to Madalina. He said he didn’t see her that night.

BBM

Do you remember Zahra Baker? Little one whose bio-father Adam married a monster who murdered the child - they finally reported her missing a few weeks after she had been last seen? The monster convinced her father she had a little flu or was being a moody preteen, choosing to stay in her room. Adam worked long hours, this was her biological parent who had no clue his child was gone and had been for awhile!

Reading all the things CP has done for his wife, doesn’t surprise me in the least he didn’t see Madalina. Some families are just different, this family is one of those, really different.

BBM

Do you remember Zahra Baker? Little one whose bio-father Adam married a monster who murdered the child - they finally reported her missing a few weeks after she had been last seen? The monster convinced her father she had a little flu or was being a moody preteen, choosing to stay in her room. Adam worked long hours, this was her biological parent who had no clue his child was gone and had been for awhile!

Reading all the things CP has done for his wife, doesn’t surprise me in the least he didn’t see Madalina. Some families are just different, this family is one of those, really different.
And ,my opinion, Adam Baker should have gotten LWOP . He was just as guilty as Elisa.

I think it's all probably true. He comes across as believable to me. With what we currently know, anyway.

jmo
I think that much or even most of his testimony could be true---but I am not buying ALL of it.

I am still doubting that he never realised the child was missing. He even admitted a few times that he knew his wife was lying about her being in her room. So it makes me wonder why he just went along with it.

Also, I do believe him when he says his wife was nutty and borderline crazy. But I also wonder if he is exaggerating somethings to maker her look clinically insane---to get him off the hook.

But he admits seeing the child's trundle bed being partially burned---and her photos being burned. How could a grown man, with a skilled technical job and a security clearance ignore things like that, when he hasn't seen his stepdaughter for weeks? It doesn't pass the smell test for me. Smells very fishy.

I don't think he harmed this child---and back at the start of this case I thought he was the abusive one and that his wife was afraid of him and shipped her child to safety somewhere.

I no longer believe that. I don't think he was the aggressor---but I do think there's a chance that he looked the other way when he saw his wife acting aggressively, and maybe even helped herr w/a coverup?

Last edited:

Another interesting article in Cornelius Today. Posting the beginning and the end. See the link for the full article.

May 30. By Mark Washburn. Closing arguments will be heard Friday in the case against Christopher Palmiter, leaving the jury to weigh the peculiarities of his personality against two simple facts the prosecution has established.

Cojocari was the unseen witness throughout the trial. Defense attorney Brandon Roseman decided at midday that he would not call her to testify, though she had been standing by in the courthouse for two days in response to a subpoena he’d issued.

Her actions, her words and her dominion over Palmiter hung like a wraith over the court process, figuring in the narrative from nearly every witness. Her invisible presence will follow jurors into deliberations over the fate of the man she called her husband.

Closing arguments will begin at 10 am Friday.

Another interesting article in Cornelius Today. Posting the beginning and the end. See the link for the full article.

May 30. By Mark Washburn. Closing arguments will be heard Friday in the case against Christopher Palmiter, leaving the jury to weigh the peculiarities of his personality against two simple facts the prosecution has established.

Cojocari was the unseen witness throughout the trial. Defense attorney Brandon Roseman decided at midday that he would not call her to testify, though she had been standing by in the courthouse for two days in response to a subpoena he’d issued.

Her actions, her words and her dominion over Palmiter hung like a wraith over the court process, figuring in the narrative from nearly every witness. Her invisible presence will follow jurors into deliberations over the fate of the man she called her husband.

Closing arguments will begin at 10 am Friday.
I wish she had been called to the stand. I'd love to hear her being questioned about these accusations he made. Darn.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12
Back