Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of times Law enforcement will play along with the "story" until they have the evidence they need to convict. So far I haven't seen video evidence or witnesses that prove the child was ever even in the park. Doesn't anyone else find this a little suspicious? Rick Fox, the guy that works at the park who called 911 even stated he never seen the child at the lake.

As far as I know LE did not disclose alot of infos they might have at all...and Rick Fox right now,at least for me, is a source who is not confirmed. Jmo
Eta what I mean in regards of Rick Fox is this: his opinion about the behaviour of the Dad is just, well, his own opinion. I am not doubting he made the 911 call.

Last edited:
I gave birth to a full term stillborn daughter

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter. What is your angels name? I mentioned in the thread when he was still missing that I had a stillborn daughter eight months into my wife's pregnancy. It will be two years in Oct. Hugs to you, I know how hard it can be, I still feel it every day.

So when everyone else gets to go back to their normal lives remember that i will never be the same man again. I will now and forever be a broken man until i take my last breath. Ivenever been a very spritual man before but. Ow i want to be just so when i die my lil boy will be the first person i see when i get into heaven. I cant waitto see his lilsmiling face again.

I have stated my feelings towards Ian from the start when most don't agree with me. These lines right here, further my opinion. I was in tears reading this. I never have been the religious man even though I say I am spiritual. When I lost my daughter I started questioning and wanting to believe because I want to finally meet my daughter.

Search YouTube : missing 411
It's amazing how far they have found children from the place they went missing.
Although in this case I believe it was foul play. I live near Gastonia and have been to this lake many times. No way could that little boy have gotten that far down Long Creek on his own. He would have had to climb a fence and then some how get through a drainage grate. Also the area was swamped with law enforcement searching during the time he would have been traveling down the Creek. LE knows WAY more info then they are releasing. They are collecting evidence and won't drop details until they allow the murderer to blab enough to hang himself... Verbally speaking.

Thanks for the info about Long Creek -- on the previous thread of this case, I asked for someone local to describe the creek area -- it looked very dense to me, but I was not down there on the ground near the lake/creek to see if it would have been possible for a little boy to make his way through the area to get to the creek. Now I have a fuller picture of that area.

One more thing,

Welcome to Websleuths, Mr. Mfwic !!

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter. What is your angels name? I mentioned in the thread when he was still missing that I had a stillborn daughter eight months into my wife's pregnancy. It will be two years in Oct. Hugs to you, I know how hard it can be, I still feel it every day.

I have stated my feelings towards Ian from the start when most don't agree with me. These lines right here, further my opinion. I was in tears reading this. I never have been the religious man even though I say I am spiritual. When I lost my daughter I started questioning and wanting to believe because I want to finally meet my daughter.

Her name is Tinsley :) It's very difficult, but I'm learning to live life without her. :( And I'm so sorry for your loss, as well!

The dad said it was their first time at that particular park, but they had often visited other parks where Maddox enjoyed running and would run ahead and then be caught up by dad.

One article briefly said that they'd been to this park before, but it was later amended to say they'd been to parks like this one before.

The father’s full statement - oh good lord, how painful. I hope we find out what truly happened here and COD and etc. IF, IF, IF this father had anything to so with his son’s death directly, I would be stunned (now at this point), and i would lose all my faith in humanity.

Where was he last seen and going in which direction?

The creek flows along the north bank of the reservoir and it flows west to east.

If the child got into the creek at the north end of the lake, and say he drowned, he could have easily been swept downstream to where he was found and if they had rain like more everyone else has in the southeast for the last several days, it seems logical brush and limbs would have been swept downstream with his body.
Important:

‘MORE: Chief says it is NOT possible that #MaddoxRitch was swept out of Rankin Lake. There are screens that would have prevented him from being swept out. #WBTV’

WBTV Ben Williamson on Twitter

Agreed. We can't find any of the other people like the joggers and the person on the bench who actually spoke to Maddox. That esp. is important because it would be a confirmed sighting.
The police/FBI both stated they have evidence he was in the park.Not every witness runs to the media for attention like the convicted rapist did.They may have informed police but not want publicity.

I am not asking if he drowned in the lake to be swept past the grates to enter the creek. I am asking if it is possible to simply walk straight to the creek, on foot and from any point within the park excluding the footpath that goes under 321.

My understanding is that this is indeed possible in one, if not two places.

Thanks

But the death of Maddox Ritch is shining a spotlight on the extra lengths and challenges parents who raise children with special needs face.

Sheletta and Shawn Brundidge have four children and three of them live with autism. Sheletta describes their youngest, Daniel, as a person who wanders.

For six days the couple prayed and hoped for the best outcome in North Carolina. The father of Maddox Ritch told reporters his son ran off and he couldn’t catch up with him.

“I feel guilt for letting him get so far ahead of me before I started running after him," Maddox’s father said.

The Brundidge family relates, adding, they have had a lot of close calls. Most recently their youngest son escaped and was running toward a four-lane highway in Houston, Texas.

“Keeping your kids with autism safe from wandering is no easy task. A lot of people don't understand the great lengths autism parents have to do just to go walk outside and get in the car without their kids bolting in the street and running off,” she said. “You can't blink because in an instant they could wander off and disappear. That's how my four-year-old son Daniel is. He runs off at any moment. If he can break free, he does.”

Their Cottage Grove home is equipped with protective gates and door alarms to help keep their children safe. If someone opens the door, the alarm will sound. Keeping their kids safe has impacted how they live.

“We don't do family BBQs or accept invitations from friends to kid parties where it may get busy and we loose sight of him,” she said.

Shawn added some friends and family say their level or protection is extreme but necessary.

“One of the most frightening things is that you can call his name, yell it out and he won’t respond,” Shawn Brundidge said. “Just heartache is the only way we can sum it up because we recognize what parents go through trying to keep them safe.

Sheletta broke the silence by sharing another story about their son Daniel’s attraction to water. Turns out, it is common among people who live with autism.

Sheletta hopes others parents will try to understand the challenges parents raising children with autism face.

“It is a sense of relief because they found the baby but also devastation because they have to bury their baby,” she said. “It’s so important that people not judge them because they are feeling bad. They don’t need your help feeling bad. It could happen to anyone in a split second. You look down to look at a text on your cell phone and your child is
MN family with 3 children with autism shares safety tips

I am not asking if he drowned in the lake to be swept past the grates to enter the creek. I am asking if it is possible to simply walk straight to the creek, on foot and from any point within the park excluding the footpath that goes under 321.

My understanding is that this is indeed possible in one, if not two places.

Thanks
My apologies I meant to quote this on another's post , However I believe your correct on there being two places where that is possible on the northeast side of the lake.

Why does it feel like some people actually want the father to be guilty?
Yes, they had searched that area multiple times today and previously.

NOBODY wants anyone to be 'guilty'.
The best scenario in this tragedy would be an unfortunate accident.

This is sad for the parents if they are completely innocent of anything but neglect and not paying attention for a split second.
Neglect is not a crime in this case-- any child can slip away from their parents.It takes a second of distraction.
People here at WS who have children know how easily this could happen !
So sorry for these parents if they feel people might be judging them.
No one is doing that.

But LE have stated that this is an investigation and it's not over.
IF this was only an accident... LE would be the first to have this information and they'd say it was accidental with no foul play. They haven't made public a cod ; and they haven't cleared anyone.

I highly doubt the parents are paying attention to anything being said on msm or elsewhere. If your child is gone, nothing else matters.

The poster here at WS have been more than compassionate , as is usual :) ; even with the presser this morning .
This is still an open investigation.

Last edited:
One of my hs pals has a 14yo w/ autism. He’s also non-verbal. Last week, he got out of their locked house, circumventing their alarm system somehow, and they found him (alive) swimming in their pond.

At 3am.

They have no idea how he got out. Terrifying for them. (He was happy as could be bc he loves to swim.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma