Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking maybe the girlfriend was there to help him,and he outrun her too,but obviously they have to live with that,and can happen to anyone,it's so sad x
Just an observation, I have not seen dad give any indication of mystery womens movements or referring to her actions in anyway. In all the interviews other than him saying a friend, or gf or I emptied my pockets and handed stuff over when asked what happened, you'd think he was there alone.

Deputies arrived shortly after, along with Maddox's mother.
"The mother was really frantic. She was hysterical," Foxx said. "She got out of the car, and one of the sheriff's deputies had to calm her. I pray and hope they find that kid alive, I really do. I really hope so."

Mom arrived at some point after police were notified and on scene.

Last edited:
I must admit, I am awaiting for the autopsy results before I pass judgment one way or another.

I don't have an autistic child, but I sure did have a couple of Houdini's- my daughters were quick and fast. I can totally relate to taking your eye off of them for about 15-20 seconds, turn back, AND they're gone. We were lucky to find them when we did. I was one of those frantic mothers when something like this happened- I got other adults attention to help me search, I didn't wait for one second because I knew timing was important, especially around water. Thankfully our children all knew how to swim- I had them in the water since they were babies and they were taught how, but that doesn't mean that currents can't over take them, they're kids. Even adult expert swimmers can drown in strong currents.

Please know, I am not in any way judging anyone for this happening- accidents are God awful, and I sure as heck wouldn't wish that agony and pain on any parent. I just have some questions of my own running through my mind, but it could be because I handle things much differently than others, hence why something may seem major to myself might seem minor to others. Funny thing about hubby and I- we had many family members and friends tell us we worried too much, but it always seemed like our little adventurous darlings were the ones that loved exploring, lol, and believe me, I used to envy our family and friends who's kids could sit still at a park or a beach while their parents had lunch. Not myself and hubby- if one of our kids were done, so were we! My children are also sporty- all three of them, and when they weren't in school, they were outside year round, except for rain- hockey in the winter out back on our lake, sledding on a hill in our back yard, playing in the leaves in the fall, bike riding, hiking, swimming and canoeing in summer months. So, believe me, I do understand children running off quietly, and the worst part of it was that we didn't know which direction to look, so we'd split up and ask other adults and teens to help when they four episodes happen, two for each daughter. Thankfully, our son never did this, that was a small break. Our kids are all 2 years apart, so, that was hard, feeding one child while the other or both the older ones want to go outside.

So, I am going to wait and see what LE and the FBI come up with after the autopsy before I judge anyone. The only thing that's making me nervous here is the park ranger's comments- if it wasn't for that, I'd be believing this was an accident, and it still very well could be. I'd rather hope it being an accident than the alternative, which is way too painful for parents to live with the rest of their lives. Accidents are awful enough, but to know that maybe some monster out there got a hold of your child and did sinister things to your child? Talk about God awful to deal with. God Bless all loving parents that go through such things.

Yes, he was there with his GF. Watch the interview posted above, it gives a really good account of what allegedly happened that day. The reporter is excellent.

I heard him mention "friend" then admitted it was a gf."
I assume she was with him and the park ranger assumed she was the mother.

ok, so anyone local know if they arrived at 12:45 and he was lost around 1:30 and the park employee estimated about an hour had passed since he was lost does this timeline make sense. That by the time they got out of the car around 12:45pm and got their bearings, looked at the lake and began walking, does it make sense within 45 minutes he vanished? Where did he say he lost sight of Maddox, does the walking time around the lake make sense? I'm trying to visualize this.

Yes, if they had already walked most of the trail before Maddox ran, it would make sense...the time to call 911 never will to me and they had already spent enough time looking as he states dad was out of breath and sweaty by time park employee became aware.

Last edited:
If she is, I doubt she will be for long...
Doesn't really matter to this case.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Her name is all over sm so if she was married her husband knows...however, I think LE just chose to not name her as she is a witness
If this is something sinister, she will be able to put a lot of it together. LE in PC did state she is cooperating with their case.

“And finally our first responders, members of search and rescue teams and city/county/state officials worked together in what could only be described as relentless dedication. They searched night and day, gave information to the community, held their composure in the midst of anguish and served above and beyond the call of duty. As a City Council member in Gastonia, I have never been more proud of our police and fire chiefs and our first responders. Gaston County has some of the finest human beings serving us and they showed us all that they are more than employees. They are dedicated servants who never give up and never back down.

As we move forward to find answers, I will take away with me not only the pain and sorrow of this community tragedy, but the inspiration that comes from men and women who gave until it hurts. We do not need to look any further than our own first responders, search and rescue volunteers and city/county/state employees to find real heroes. They showed us why we should all be proud to call Gaston county home.

Thank you!

Robert Kellogg is a member of Gastonia City Council.”
My Turn: Gaston County people shine even in tragedy - Opinion - Gaston Gazette - Gastonia, NC

Yes, if they had already walked most of the trail before Maddox ran, it would make sense...the time to call 911 never will to me and they had already spent enough time looking as he states dad was out of breath and sweaty by time park employee became aware.
ok, so if they arrived at 12:45 and immediately started walking the lake without looking around a bit or stopping to look at trail maps, bathroom stop, admiring the lake upon arriving, etc... they start walking at 12:45 by 1:30 he was out of sight. What time did the park employee become involved? and if dad says they'd be looking for awhile when they approached the park employee you feel this timeline makes sense given your knowledge of the path and the size of the park?

Deputies arrived shortly after, along with Maddox's mother.
"The mother was really frantic. She was hysterical," Foxx said. "She got out of the car, and one of the sheriff's deputies had to calm her. I pray and hope they find that kid alive, I really do. I really hope so."

Mom arrived at some point after police were notified and on scene.
Thank you! Very much appreciated. My heart goes out to her.

Just an observation, I have not seen dad give any indication of mystery womens movements or referring to her actions in anyway. In all the interviews other than him saying a friend, or gf or I emptied my pockets and handed stuff over when asked what happened, you'd think he was there alone.

That's why I questioned was she even there? Did anyone see him with her?
So, Dad ran she stood back and waited?
So many questions. I'm curious not casting blame.

Hmmm.... Well she'd be one of the last two people to see Maddox alive.
So I'd think her eyewitness testimony is crucial.
Makes me think LE are silent about her for just that reason.
She knows something ?
This also keeps running through my mind. However, I doubt she would lie about Maddox being with her and the Dad that day, right? At least I hope she wouldn't lie for him. I also remember the FBI female agent stating that the interview with the mother would be over if one reporter dared to ask a question, that she was under the care of a victim counselor. So much of this is confusing and just God awful sad.

We only have the dad's account of the park bench man.......He said Maddox stopped by the bench and the man spoke to him... but Maddox then ran off.
Dad still couldn't catch him.
Park bench person has not come forward, to my knowledge. :(
Not sure if the joggers have come forward yet, either.
Thank you LietKynes. Hhhmmm makes me question if the park bench man really exists and if he does, why he hasn’t come forward. So many questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn