Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have the dad's word for this condition.
As well as the two or more lie detector tests he said he took. Maybe he did take them. But why ? This was an accident.
So he shouldn't have had to take any.

Did LE ask him to take one ?
And if so... why haven't they said this ?

And just dad's word regarding the circumstances in which Maddox ran from sight in the park.
What was the 'mystery' woman doing ? What did she see ? Did she help and try to run after him ?

Aside from that...as of today -- the Gastonia PD STILL are asking people to come forward !
I'm wondering what they're looking for ?

We have only a few people's word that Maddox was in that park.
Sometime kids can look a bit alike.

Security camera proof would be more accurate.
So far I've not been able to find if there WERE sec. cams , and whether there's any footage.
Something that I had completely missed until this morning- I didn't know that the Mom came to the park when Maddox went missing and helped search for him. Now I understand why the comment by the park ranger, who I thought was confusing the friend with the mother. So she was there looking for him, too, when the cops were notified or was she there before the cops? Not that it matters of course, but all along, I thought that the park ranger was confusing the mother with the friend, to which has me wondering what role did the friend play in looking for him? Was this friend interviewed by LE (I am gathering that they did interview the friend).

The non-stop asking for park goers to call the cops if they were there. They found Maddox, and there was three that came forward, right? Why are they still asking for people to call in again, and again, and again?

That makes sense to me but I can't confirm without listening to the presser again. I can't watch it right now but here is the presser from when he was found:
FOX 29

Thanks for this FOX link. This is where I got the information concerning the person finding him being in the creek. I erroneously posted that he was in a bobt but this presser makes it clear he was walking in the middle of the creek.

“Kaplan and Gastonia Fire Chief Phil Welch said the boy’s body was found in about 3 feet (0.9 metres) of water in a creek, slightly more than a mile (1.6 kilometres) east of the park, by a searcher who was walking down the middle of the creek as his partners stood on the bank.”
After 6-year-old’s body found, search for clues continues
s
Thank you so much for posting this- I thought I heard the chief say that a searcher was walking the creek when he/she found Maddox.

Can someone with knowledge please confirm the path that they were walking on. Was it the path immediately on the lake that can be seen and out in the open or more of a dirt path surrounded by trees? Pic would be a bonus.
They were walking on the paved path that goes around the lake. LE is fairly certain Maddox followed that paved path when he ran off but instead of heading back to the park office he veered off to where it turns into the dirt path (greenway) that goes under 321.

The exact path he took to reach the point where he was found in the creek hasn't been confirmed by LE yet, all they have said is they're fairly sure he was on the dirt path that runs under 321.

I have a couple of screen shots that may help. One shows a red box which is the area where his body was found. The other shows some possible paths he may have taken with the bright green being a likely one. Unfortunately the Google Maps resolution isn't great so it's hard to see spots where the path is clear and where it's too wet or shrubby. I'll also add the direct link so y'all can make your own guesses.

Maddox2.jpg Maddox3.jpg
Google Maps

IMO I think the father thought he could keep up. I'm pretty sure the father said this was typical behavior for Maddox, run ahead a little and then would wait for his father. I'm sure this happened dozens if not hundreds of times with nothing ever going wrong. We (parents) never think something like this could happen to our child. I don't think the father had anything to do with this and my heart breaks for him. He will never forgive himself.

I was thinking maybe the girlfriend was there to help him,and he outrun her too,but obviously they have to live with that,and can happen to anyone,it's so sad x

We only have the dad's word for this condition.
As well as the two or more lie detector tests he said he took. Maybe he did take them. But why ? This was an accident.
So he shouldn't have had to take any.

Did LE ask him to take one ?
And if so... why haven't they said this ?

And just dad's word regarding the circumstances in which Maddox ran from sight in the park.
What was the 'mystery' woman doing ? What did she see ? Did she help and try to run after him ?

Aside from that...as of today -- the Gastonia PD STILL are asking people to come forward !
I'm wondering what they're looking for ?

We have only a few people's word that Maddox was in that park.
Sometime kids can look a bit alike.

Security camera proof would be more accurate.
So far I've not been able to find if there WERE sec. cams , and whether there's any footage.

Is it standard to give polygraphs now?

It was the path immediately on the lake. When standing on trail, one side is water, other is woods...with exception of front which would be grass, shelter, boat rentals, pier and parking lot

12:45 is correct according to the Ian Ritch interview at around 0:30 in the video.

ok, so anyone local know if they arrived at 12:45 and he was lost around 1:30 and the park employee estimated about an hour had passed since he was lost does this timeline make sense. That by the time they got out of the car around 12:45pm and got their bearings, looked at the lake and began walking, does it make sense within 45 minutes he vanished? Where did he say he lost sight of Maddox, does the walking time around the lake make sense? I'm trying to visualize this.

Something that I had completely missed until this morning- I didn't know that the Mom came to the park when Maddox went missing and helped search for him. Now I understand why the comment by the park ranger, who I thought was confusing the friend with the mother. So she was there looking for him, too, when the cops were notified or was she there before the cops? Not that it matters of course, but all along, I thought that the park ranger was confusing the mother with the friend, to which has me wondering what role did the friend play in looking for him? Was this friend interviewed by LE (I am gathering that they did interview the friend).

The non-stop asking for park goers to call the cops if they were there. They found Maddox, and there was three that came forward, right? Why are they still asking for people to call in again, and again, and again?

God bless the Mom,I didn't know until reading this,she was in the park looking for her son,how traumatic for her,it's so sad this has happened..x

I was thinking maybe the girlfriend was there to help him,and he outrun her too,but obviously they have to live with that,and can happen to anyone,it's so sad x
I agree Julindy. IMO they were talking and walking like couples do, unfortunately didn't keep a close enough eye on Maddox and the unthinkable happened. I don't think either one of them will ever forgive themselves.

They are still asking people to come forward?

I believe that some folks may not be local and may not even know this is going on. As I mentioned before, my hubby and I were at three different walking trails near water in New York recently, and if it wasn't for here, I wouldn't know that someone went missing at any of those places, seeing that we're from out of state and not local. Yet I can't believe that everyone who was at that park hasn't called. Where did their 150 or so leads come from then? Someone had to have called them in, right? Who are they looking for- is it one specific person they want to talk to, or more?

I really think they are asking due to needing to know who else may have been there ( possibly up to no good).
Since there were parties etc going on, its likely many are from out of town however they need to call the people who rented the shelters, boats and canoes and everyone they invited.... they had mentioned that they were just beginning to do this Weds.....

Does anyone know if they've spoken to the guy that was sitting on the park bench?

We only have the dad's account of the park bench man.......He said Maddox stopped by the bench and the man spoke to him... but Maddox then ran off.
Dad still couldn't catch him.
Park bench person has not come forward, to my knowledge. :(
Not sure if the joggers have come forward yet, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper