Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious on how covered he was. That there was THAT much brush and debris covering him that even standing right there he was hard to see. Brings to mind maybe more of a protective covering from someone, a sort of protection, like wrapped in a blanket, like we hear in so many cases of children. Think Jon Benet. Maybe, maybe not. Just thinking out loud.
Am I wrong that where he was found was really the only pull off area off the road? Where a car would naturally be able to pull off the road?

I saw a drone footage photo (posted on another site) that was taken earlier this week of the creek. The person who posted it thought that she saw in the photo a small area of something orange at the edge of the water. I could see the orange area they were talking about, but couldn't really make anything else out. To me it looked like it would’ve been nearly impossible to see this area from the path or the bank due to thick foliage and trees. You’d almost have to be above the creek (drone) or actually inside the creek to see it. IIRC, there was what looked like a small pull off area right beside there.

Last edited:
same with the creek at my home, it fills up fast and runs fast but as soon as the rain and water runoff is gone it empties out pretty quickly. My main thought was that he fell in the Lake at the park and got swept down to where he was found by the water rushing out of the lake, but since LE announced that he couldn't have gotten there from the lake Im a little skeptical now on what really happened.
He could have fallen and hit his head.

I saw a drone footage photo (posted on another site) that was taken earlier this week of the creek. The person who posted it thought that she saw in the photo a small speck of something orange at the edge of the water. I could see the orange area they were talking about, but couldn't really make anything else out. To me it looked like it would’ve been nearly impossible to see this area from the path or the bank due to thick foliage and trees. You’d almost have to be above the creek (drone) or actually inside the creek to see it. IIRC, there was what looked like a small pull off area right beside there.

Yes, and the photo looks like the creek was a lot shallower than 3 feet.

So I'm curious on how covered he was. That there was THAT much brush and debris covering him that even standing right there he was hard to see. Brings to mind maybe more of a protective covering from someone, a sort of protection, like wrapped in a blanket, like we hear in so many cases of children. Think Jon Benet. Maybe, maybe not. Just thinking out loud.
Am I wrong that where he was found was really the only pull off area off the road? Where a car would naturally be able to pull off the road?

This is the pull over stop where the authorities were. You can see the bridge just up ahead in the second picture, with the pull over stop just too the right. I know a lot of tree debris builds up around the foundation of bridges after flooding, so the body may have been caught up on that as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180928-073034.jpg
    Screenshot_20180928-073034.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20180928-073057.jpg
    Screenshot_20180928-073057.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 83
There are areas, IIRC, that accessing that creek wouldn't be difficult from parts of the trail that goes near it. I can see how a parent could lose sight of a child as he weaved between or around a group of people--that park is usually crowded on nice days. It's a really nice park. The video upthread does make the lake look huge, but it's only a mile and a half to walk all the way around. Not being able to get into the creek from the lake doesn't mean much--there are plenty of places he could have gone or fallen in. I live north of Charlotte, and if the rains there last night were like they were here, it was enough to raise the creek temporarily, most likely, so if he had gone in and drowned Saturday (which is my guess, sadly), it could've washed his body further along. To me, it overall reads more like a tragic accident than anything sinister. I hope that's the case.

I've heard of children being found up to two miles away, but four miles! I don't think the child could walk that far in my opinion.

Search YouTube : missing 411
It's amazing how far they have found children from the place they went missing.
Although in this case I believe it was foul play. I live near Gastonia and have been to this lake many times. No way could that little boy have gotten that far down Long Creek on his own. He would have had to climb a fence and then some how get through a drainage grate. Also the area was swamped with law enforcement searching during the time he would have been traveling down the Creek. LE knows WAY more info then they are releasing. They are collecting evidence and won't drop details until they allow the murderer to blab enough to hang himself... Verbally speaking.

Deeply saddens my heart.

Praying that the loved ones of little Maddox hold one another close during this unfathomable time.

My hearts are with them.

Rest in Peace dear Maddox. Your light will shine forever in the hearts of those you've touched.

There are areas, IIRC, that accessing that creek wouldn't be difficult from parts of the trail that goes near it. I can see how a parent could lose sight of a child as he weaved between or around a group of people--that park is usually crowded on nice days. It's a really nice park. The video upthread does make the lake look huge, but it's only a mile and a half to walk all the way around. Not being able to get into the creek from the lake doesn't mean much--there are plenty of places he could have gone or fallen in. I live north of Charlotte, and if the rains there last night were like they were here, it was enough to raise the creek temporarily, most likely, so if he had gone in and drowned Saturday (which is my guess, sadly), it could've washed his body further along. To me, it overall reads more like a tragic accident than anything sinister. I hope that's the case.

I would respectfully have to disagree. As you said it's not a very big lake. Every time I have been there I could easily see all the way around the lake. As you stated, usually lots of people there...so all the more reason to believe someone would have witnessed this small child running into a lake alone. No jogger has come forward. The guy that called 911 even admitted he never seen the child at the park. Also cameras. There are plenty of cameras we are not being told about. LE stated they had searched that Creek multiple times prior to finding him there. From the helicopter video today it looks like they found him near the Dallas the bridge. Conveniently enough, that bridge has a road right beside it that goes right to the area under the bridge. Personally I just can't see this child vanishing from that park unnoticed in the middle of the day. I don't think he was ever at the park that day.

Earlier today I went to Google maps and was able to pinpoint the general area based on the streets given in msm tweets and from msm video was also able to find the turnoff where LE blocked access to the area off M.L.L. Jr. Way.

You can see where the the paved walkway from Rankin Lake Park veers off to the left and goes under 321 where it becomes a dirt path. The path follows alongside Long Creek.

It all fits with the father's descriptions of where they lost sight of Maddox. Dad said they were at the backside of the lake when Maddox took off, heading to the boat area.

I'm pretty sure I have the correct general area. The best I can figure is that Maddox went left not right and ended up going under 321. I could be wrong but I think that's what happened - dad and his friend assumed he stayed on the right walkway.

Now having said that I wonder why the friend wasn't able to catch him since the dad had trouble running. Perhaps she didn't want to upset or scare Maddox by grabbing him? And with all the people in the park how did no one see him go the other way? I'm not pointing fingers, just trying to understand how no one stepped in to help. So sad.

Earlier today I went to Google maps and was able to pinpoint the general area based on the streets given in msm tweets and from msm video was also able to find the turnoff where LE blocked access to the area off M.L.L. Jr. Way.

You can see where the the paved walkway from Rankin Lake Park veers off to the left and goes under 321 where it becomes a dirt path. The path follows alongside Long Creek.

It all fits with the father's descriptions of where they lost sight of Maddox. Dad said they were at the backside of the lake when Maddox took off, heading to the boat area.

I'm pretty sure I have the correct general area. The best I can figure is that Maddox went left not right and ended up going under 321. I could be wrong but I think that's what happened - dad and his friend assumed he stayed on the right walkway.

Now having said that I wonder why the friend wasn't able to catch him since the dad had trouble running. Perhaps she didn't want to upset or scare Maddox by grabbing him? And with all the people in the park how did no one see him go the other way? I'm not pointing fingers, just trying to understand how no one stepped in to help. So sad.

Has anyone seen or heard of any witnesses coming forward? I haven't, yet the father claims the jogger, 3 other people in front of him and a man sitting on a bench asked the boy where his parents were but the child didn't reply and kept running. Seriously? Where are these people?

Both of the gentleman at the press conference were really choked up and at times could not talk. They see a lot of bad stuff. A lot of tradegy. They deal with a lot. To have both professionals, especially the FBI agent, who deal with this day in and day out, get that emotional tells me a lot. I think they know much more than we do.

Has anyone seen or heard of any witnesses coming forward? I haven't, yet the father claims the jogger, 3 other people in front of him and a man sitting on a bench asked the boy where his parents were but the child didn't reply and kept running. Seriously? Where are these people?
Nope. I think that’s why they are begging for people in the park that day to come forward. They haven’t found these people.

Also, this child very well could have been tied up or shown obvious signs of foul play but rest assured the FBI and other professionals involved in this case are not about to release those details UNTIL they collect the proper evidence needed to convict the monster responsible. Know one thing for sure.... If foul play is the case, this monster can not escape the hand of the God almighty! Judgement day is inevitable.

I'm fairly new here and not sure what is allowed on this, but NC maintains a sex offender registry. I posted the map for it a few pages back in this thread, showing the 140 RSO's within a 3 mile radius of the Rankin Lake park. The man interviewed on the news, who lives in the house across the street from where Maddox's body was found, the same man who claimed he told LE/FBI to check that area, isn't just a RSO. He specifically victimized children, including 2 that were aged 7 and 8 years old, right around the same age as Maddox. That information is available on the NC Sex offender registry under his name (which was provided in the news interview on MSM)

Maybe it's just a coincidence....but yeah. If it is, it's a big one. And I didn't buy his tears. Men who rape little kids get no positive vibes from me. A lot of people can fake cry. Don't be talking about "praying" and your missus like you're a great family man, when you're actually a pedophile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander