GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kyle Connolly ‏@kconnollywbtv 18m #MaggieDaniels press conference has begun in the Newton Police Department. @WBTV_News will have full story tonight. pic.twitter.com/0bun1qnHgX

BuNpswYIMAAE383.jpg

Police unseal arrest information in Maggie Daniels case
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...rrants-yield-photos-showing.html#.U9_PWuO_RDQ

In August 2012, Odom was charged with second-degree rape, assault by strangulation and common law robbery, court records show.

A prosecutor dismissed the charges after questioning the credibility of Odom and the victim, a prostitute, according to the dismissal form in Mecklenburg County Superior Court.

The prostitute said she was choked and passed out and didn’t know if Odom had sex with her, according to the dismissal form. “The victim was more concerned about the lost money ($100) than the alleged assault,” the prosecutor wrote on the form.

Records clerks said dismissal forms related to charges against Odom in 2010 and 2000 were destroyed by state statute, including charges of first-degree rape, second-degree kidnapping and first-degree burglary in 2010. Because the records were detroyed, it isn’t clear why those cases were dismissed.

Warrants:

http://www.wsoctv.com/gallery/news/...ts-unsealed-maggie-daniels-cas/gCMX9/#5848649

I don't understand about the hair in the shoe box. If she pulled it out, why would he save it?

It was probably some sort of extension attached to his real hair and was going to have it put back on. I don't think those long dreads are all his real hair. IMO

Most likely nothing to it but curious who he is referring to:

https://twitter.com/MD_Willard/status/496295422768742400

I think they are talking about the neighbor that thought she saw Odem get out of the car with Maggie driving, and saw them go into her apartment a year ago. I think now the neighbor saw a male friend of Maggie's a year ago, not the defendant.

He tweeted that he was following her and he replied to one of her tweets (see my screenshot) which indicates he knew who she was even if she didn't have a "relationship" with him.

Just playing catch up from being out of town for a few days and WOAH! Mr. Car Detailer was arrested!! :eek:
I agree with others, that smirk sends chills through me. It saddens me to think of what kind of childhood this man must've had to be capable of doing something like this to a young, vibrant, inspirational woman. After seeing his mother assault the media crews and his sister's replies on twitter, it's heartbreaking to think that this was his example in life. The social worker in me cringes.

Poor poor Maggie. My heart just breaks for her family as they slowly learn all of these details. It is sickening to think this man has done this two other times, strangulation and sexual assault (I'm gonna put my money on his past and go ahead and say it's likely rape was also involved in this case as well). What a screwed up system we have. My heart breaks for the other two victims as well. IMO, I think we will learn that he had watched Maggie for quite some time and probably fantasized, learned her routine, followed her on Twitter, learned that she left the door unlocked, figured out when the boyfriend would be in town, etc, and decided to make his move to act on those fantasies. It sounds like she put up quite a fight, and sadly met her demise at his hands.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by enzeder

Steve Ohnesorge WBTV
‏@WBTVSteveO

#breaking #maggiedaniels "A new search warrant was served today. Wants full body photos of suspect."

https://twitter.com/WBTVSteveO/statu...25631228256256

This is the standard NTO -- Non Testimonial Order -- they are usually looking for signs of a struggle -- and they're almost always done later than would be desirable. But he could have scratches or bruises that could show that she fought him, thus making it look like ~whatever~ was done was against her wishes.

This is fantastic they Hv him now! I wonder if he used his dreads to strangle her....it was my first thought a convenient tool yes?

I agree and I always felt it was Smone who could nvr Hv her not in a million yrs. he is creepy in the arrest video!!

Isn't it?? I couldn't believe his mother lashing out like that resorting to violence immediately wow. Does anyone Hv a PDF link to the arrest warrant?

Sorry the reply to button has not been working lately...I was replying to how creepy he was and other replies..I wonder if dreads will match any mark or signs on her body? It's bn too long for me and I forget what state her body was found in. Sorry graphic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet
Back