Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three kids or is it 4, a boyfriend living there with the mom...kids needing attention? Does the bf have a short fuse? Did Mariah need something at midnight, did she have a bad dream, got scared.....? Was the bf impatient by ordering her back to her bed? Did she cry?
I don't like wondering what may have followed....

I wonder what caused Mariah to get up? I would think she would be sleeping soundly through the night. What was the BF doing that he couldn't walk or carry her back to bed and tuck her in?
Trailer windows are usually high up off the ground.
I wonder if they have checked under the trailer?
Something is not adding up.

Bathroom, maybe?
If she sleeps in underwear (as opposed to Pull-Ups), it's possible she's able to wake up and use the bathroom on her own.

it sounds like they think she walked away - "if anyone sees her" - rather than having been abducted (please return her).

Well I am glad mom is using present tense terms. " she is sweet" ect ect. Jmo. But still hinky is hinkying away....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm not sure how to answer that, other than I am not comfortable attaching myself to any groups. I lurked here on Websleuths for a good 6 months before I ever set up an acct. As you can see by the amount of posts I have, I tend to read more than type. I'm not sure if that answers your question.
That's helpful, yes. Thanks.
I can only speak for myself, but even if it is a "closed group," all of my real life friends can see I've joined it. If it was a local missing child, I'd join. But not someone in a different part of the country. I don't want my real life friends to know how weirdly obsessed I am with following true crime :).
also helpful. Thank you for explaining.
Maybe this is just my assumption and I’m certainly not trying to be insensitive or profiling a certain “type” but is it just me or does it seem that a lot of these abduction cases are in low income homes/trailers etc... does anyone know if there are any connections between low income and abduction of children? Hayley Cummings comes to mind for the moment
I had that thought today too. Someone offered a connection to drugs, which strikes me as plausible. There could also be a connection to the fact that lower income parents are sometimes working multiple jobs and less available to supervise.
I wonder if mom was already asleep when her boyfriend sent Mariah back to bed.
She was, for a couple of hours, according to her claims.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Praying they find this little girl safe. I just heard about this and I'm not too far from Jacksonville. I haven't watched the news today but the Amber Alerts come in on my phone, but for some reason I didn't get this one?

I researched this when the Caliyah case was breaking. I can't recall specifics but it's in my mind that socioeconomic factors didn't play as big a part as I'd expected.
Maybe someone else knows this information and can chime in.

The following is an exerpt form the Child Maltreatment book compiled with the info from 2015. This book breaks down the actual info from cases and breaks it down nearly every way possible;e. Great resource. Link below
Perpetrator Demographics (unique count of perpetrators)More than four-fifths (83.4%) of perpetrators were in the age group of 18–44 years. Perpetrators
younger than 18 years accounted for 2.0 percent of all perpetrators. Some states have laws that limit
the youngest age that a person can be considered a perpetrator. More information may be included
in appendix D. The perpetrator age group of 25–34 had the highest rate at 5.0 per 1,000 adults in the
population of the same age. Older adults in the age group of 35–44 had the second highest rate at 3.2,
which was only slightly higher than the age group of 18–24 with a rate of 3.1 per 1,000 adults in the
population of the same age. (See table 5–2, exhibit 5–C, and related notes.)
More than one-half (54.1%) of perpetrators were women and 45.0 percent of perpetrators were men; 0.9
percent were of unknown sex. (See table 5–3 and related notes.) The racial distributions of perpetrators
were similar to the race of their victims. The three largest percentages of perpetrators were of White
(48.7%), African-American (20.0%), and Hispanic (19.5%) racial or ethnic descent. Race or ethnicity
was unknown or not reported for 7.5 percent of perpetrators. (See table 5–4, exhibit 5–D, and related
notes.)
Book I’d pdf file open in any pdf compatible app program or browser download link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13o-iuL7EyFB0Ex8IUbkGdLucht7k_w4_

Page 61 child abuse deaths by perpatrotor
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P8r1B1kPIqmZeLWElWiuFRPTiu4viRKs
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• cm2015.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 3300FEB2-2169-4C05-854D-CE55FFBC02E3.jpg
    3300FEB2-2169-4C05-854D-CE55FFBC02E3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 154
  • B257FD07-8DB3-4B01-8612-284A27CE0831.jpg
    B257FD07-8DB3-4B01-8612-284A27CE0831.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 705
  • 7F275E93-6DC5-4807-BD1E-E04E084BBC02.jpg
    7F275E93-6DC5-4807-BD1E-E04E084BBC02.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 694
I was so hoping to return from dinner to see this one moved to located - safe. :(

I wonder who - besides mom and BF - saw Mariah last? Has anyone besides these two seen this sweet girl in a few days that can verify she was indeed, alive, before today?

(Question, have you guys ever seen a nonfamilial abduction of a 3 year old? I'm sure it happens, but not recalling any cases right now. Tia.)
I'm late, but Shaylynn Ammerman was a little younger, but she's the only one I can recall. It was a horrific crime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don’t know- I’ve been wrong plenty times before ,but I’m not feeling like Mom has anything to do with this.

Can’t say how I feel about the boyfriend— not yet anyway. (Hopefully we will get a presser that allows us to discuss him)

Actually hopefully sounds bad. I don’t want her to be harmed..but you all know what I mean :(

Well, there was that one a year or two ago where the toddler was asleep in the playpen in the living room and the family friend snatched her, drove off and did unspeakable things to her before murdering her...... I'm ashamed I don't remember her name.
Shaylene Anderson from Spencer IN.
My first thought

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don’t know- I’ve been wrong plenty times before ,but I’m not feeling like Mom has anything to do with this.

Can’t say how I feel about the boyfriend— not yet anyway. (Hopefully we will get a presser that allows us to discuss him)

Actually hopefully sounds bad. I don’t want her to be harmed..but you all know what I mean :(

I agree I get the feeling mom has nothing to do with this and desperately wants to find her little one... but I also feel mom has her own suspicions of what has happened and doesn’t want to give up hope... haven’t seen hardly anything on the boyfriend so I’m not sure ...

I don't think mom had anything to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay