Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
direct link to the News in Onslow Facebook video referencing a sippy cup found by a searcher (no info on whether it is related to the case)

At the -11:40 ish mark is where it states a relative (auntie) of Mariah is telling reporters that the live in boyfriend, EK, MAY be a POI. That same unnamed relative reported to News in Onslow that the child's clothes were laying on the floor next to the bed.

Thanks tlcya! Will you let us know if/when a POI is confirmed? Waiting on the green light...

that's a horrible thought - what was the purpose of the trip?
The 2 older boys is what reminds me of Lisa Irwin. Her older brothers heard things the night Lisa went missing. I wonder what Mariah's brothers heard/saw.

Making an assumption that the trip was to visit relatives for Thanksgiving weekend. This is not a fact, just me guessing.

jmopinion

Confused about the braces. In the video of the adopted Grandma (still not sure what that means) she says Mariah falls when walking (without the braces?) yet looking through the many pics Mom posted I don't see any braces being used. Just something I thought odd but probably irrelevant.

Updated story:

Kristy Woods told WITN's CB Cotton that she last saw Mariah Woods Sunday night around 11:00 p.m. when she checked on her. She said her boyfriend saw the toddler around midnight when she got up and he told her to go back to bed.

Woods says they discovered her daughter missing around 6:30 a.m. Monday.

Prior report:

Authorities are searching for a three-year-old girl who has last seen Sunday evening after being put to bed by her mother.

Melissa Hunter, Mariah's grandmother, says the mother put Mariah to bed at their Dawson Cabin Road home and she checked on her about 9 or 10 p.m. Hunter says this morning the mother went to check on her and Mariah was gone.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Search-underway-for-missing-toddler-in-Onslow-County-460279893.html

The inconsistencies in the timeline may be due to other relatives who weren't present just relating what they were told. IOW, it may be a simple mistake in their recollection.

Just a thought. MOO.

It's good & dark here now, of course. The temp here in Raleigh, NC, is 41 degrees F. It is usually a couple of degrees warmer in the eastern part of the state, but it's too damm cold for a little girl to be outside -- but I think she would have already been found if she was out there on her own. That's not what happened to her, IMO -- she didn't jump out the window and go for a walk.

I don’t disagree with you but I hope we are both wrong. Sigh.

Also :wave: from Durham.

I have not been on WS forever and I've certainly not followed as many cases as some of you. I can remember only one case where a child was taken in the night from her bed that truly was a stranger abduction and she was released in the same area the following day. All of the others have either no resolution or a very familiar resolution.

Great to see you here, SCHMAE! We've missed ya! :)

I refuse to make a judgment, until we get something else from LE.
Just praying for this darling little girl.
If LE really thinks Mariah is out in the woods, would they really call off the search?

Her brothers are older than her right? They might be able to answer LE's questions regarding whether she was there the whole day prior or whether they heard something in the night. It's not a large home after all.

Didn’t some of the early reports indicate her grandmother saw her sometime during the evening?

Live in BF....... Here we go. Jmo. Imo. Moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SABBM

Hmmm.... Maybe I've followed too many cases on here that didn't end well when there's a single mom and a live in BF. But not saying ALL live in partners are dangerous.
At 3 years old --- and it's been a while since I had a 3 yr. old in our home --- she maybe would've gone to her mom's bedroom or gotten into something in the kitchen... but it's doubtful she'd go out at night or early morning as it's chilly now and kids like their comfort zones.
If she accidentally got locked out... she'd probably wake them up by standing right outside the door and yell her head off.

Hope she's found soon --- if indeed she wandered off.

Have they brought in sar dogs ? They NEED to before it rains or whatever.
:moo:

Thanks tlcya! Will you let us know if/when a POI is confirmed? Waiting on the green light...

I or another mod/admin will let you guys know the minute anyone is open to sleuthing. All the usual questions come to our minds when a child is reported missing from their bed in the family home.

The minute any POI/suspect is announced will be along pronto to give that green light. If I am not online when one is announced/confirmed I hope a member will reach out to let me know via an alert or other message.

Such a little cutiepie, little miss Mariah.

It’s sad the missing children who brought us all here who are still missing.
Isabel was found out in the desert. Well, I hate typing this, parts of her were found. Someone pointed LE in the right direction, but to date no arrests.

A child with a biological mother who is living with a man who is not the child’s father is 33 times more likely to suffer abuse. (Source: Dreamcatchers for Abused Children)

Children living in households with unrelated adults are nearly 50 times as likely to die of inflicted injuries as children living with two biological parents. (Source: Journal of American Academy of Pediatrics, 2005.)

Children of single parents had 77 percent greater risk of being harmed by physical abuse than children living with both parents. (Source: National Incidence Study)

Damn. How sick can our society be? I don't know whether to cry or go out in the street & scream. <sigh>

Making an assumption that the trip was to visit relatives for Thanksgiving weekend. This is not a fact, just me guessing.

jmopinion
That's what I thought, too.
Maybe there will be pictures from family dinners?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Confused about the braces. In the video of the adopted Grandma (still not sure what that means) she says Mariah falls when walking (without the braces?) yet looking through the many pics Mom posted I don't see any braces being used. Just something I thought odd but probably irrelevant.

My daughter wore leg braces when she was little, but they had to be worn with her heavy ankle high built up boots, which she hated. Not the braces as much as the 'yugly shoes'. We would sometimes, for a special occasion, like a birthday party, let her wear pretty shoes. She could walk without her braces, but she would have to do that bending her arms, and holding them at waist height in front of her with her hands hanging down, something that we were trying to avoid, before it became her natural gait.

I suppose there's little chance of security cameras nearby :(

At least one of the MSM articles said LE were asking neighbors for any security camera info. That area is very sparse as to homes. There is one house in the vicinity but a security camera prolly wouldn't be able to "see" far enuf to film anything near Mariah's area.

I refuse to make a judgment, until we get something else from LE.
Just praying for this darling little girl.
If LE really thinks Mariah is out in the woods, would they really call off the search?

I keep thinking of Jordyn Dumont. IIRC, they canceled the search for little Jordyn after the first day as soon as it got dark outside as well. At the time they said it was "unsafe" for searchers to stay in the woods in the dark, but I'm sure I have seen other cases where kids wandered off and they kept searching in the dark. There was evidence in the house pointing to foul play but we were not told that until after Jordyn was found deceased in the woods. Now we have LE stopping the search for Mariah at dark. I can't help thinking they would keep searching even in the dark and cold if they believed Mariah was lost in the woods. :moo: I hope I am wrong.:please:

Didn’t some of the early reports indicate her grandmother saw her sometime during the evening?
From what I understand, the is more of a term of endearment for a lady that knows them really well. They said "adoptive grandmother" somewhere.
I have a ton of "kids" at work that call me Mom, because I spoil them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I keep thinking of Jordyn Dumont. IIRC, they canceled the search for little Jordyn after the first day as soon as it got dark outside as well. At the time they said it was "unsafe" for searchers to stay in the woods in the dark, but I'm sure I have seen other cases where kids wandered off and they kept searching in the dark. There was evidence in the house pointing to foul play but we were not told that until after Jordyn was found deceased in the woods. Now we have LE stopping the search for Mariah at dark. I can't help thinking they would keep searching even in the dark and cold if they believed Mariah was lost in the woods. :moo: I hope I am wrong.:please:

They called of the official search for Abby and Libby too at night, but people kept searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay