Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is horrifying. Sounds like whatever happened the perpetrator(s) weren't too careful. I think this will be solved soon.

From above:

Search for missing girl passes 24-hour mark

"The Latest

Officials have expanded the crime scene tape, originally only surrounding Mariah's home, as of 11:00 a.m., November 28. State troopers arrived on the scene to aid in the search.

Investigators brought the crime scene tape closer to the road near Mariah's home. Earlier there was a trash can there -- our reporters on the scene said*officials took the trash can and drove off with it.

The FBI was also seen investigating the shed behind Mariah's home, looking very closing at something on the ground minutes before expanding the crime scene tape to encompass that area."

I dont know anything about the LE in that area other than what I have seen in the last day. But I am not getting a good impression from the Sheriff. I've followed enough of these to know LE can say more than they are - so why won't they?

Sometimes just because you 'can' doesn't mean you 'should'. Often LE will withhold info, it's very common, and necessary. Sometimes it's to protect the investigation, or the legal case down the road. We often never know. A good case in point is Lauren Wallen (I think I'm remembering the name right). People questioned LE here a lot on that case, but they had good reason for not releasing info and in the end she was found and an arrest made. The case always trumps the public's desire to know.

they have nothing. unbelievable.

I got the feeling they have 'something' but they don't want to make it public right now, and they haven't found Mariah, and that is what they really want to do.

Sorry, but I hope that sheriff is more "on the ball" than he seems. Maybe it's just his way of talking, but I am not very impressed. He's probably the best of the best, and it's just me. I'm frustrated and it clouds my opinion.

Is it usual for family (mother) to be absent from a news conference? I'd have thought with them pleading for information, they'd have used the mother to help with that. Hmm...

really stressing for anyone who has been in contact with the family since sunday to contact them
Says to me they either want confirmation that she came home with them unharmed, or perhaps that they believe there was an altercation someone would be able to verify. Doesn’t sound good to me, not that I thought anything good would come of this beforehand either.

The emphasis on wanting to talk to anybody that has communicated with the parents since Sunday sounds like maybe they are having trouble corroborating their statements - could this be because one or more of them are changing their stories?

I still can't figure out how the brothers got ready for school and made it to school like it was a totally normal day if Mariah was discovered missing before 7:00am. I wish he was able to answer the question about the timeline.

Given that the boys were sent to school, backdoor unlocked & an Amber Alert issued, cps involvement ... might it be a possibility that there was an assumption by LE or a leading suggestion by mother/boyfriend it may have been a custodial issue? Or that there were possibilities for family/friends/other’s to take Mariah.

The cynic in me says with the boys out of the way, a new timeline of the weekend can be created without them chipping in ‘helpful’ or contradictory information.

All moo.

the interview said that it wasn't by choice that bio dad hasn't seen Mariah since last year.
Mother temporarily loses custody while CPS investigates an incident, and now the biological father hasn't seen the child since last year? Something tells me the parents' priorities are out of wack.

Sorry, but I hope that sheriff is more "on the ball" than he seems. Maybe it's just his way of talking, but I am not very impressed. He's probably the best of the best, and it's just me. I'm frustrated and it clouds my opinion.
Being that I’m from Canada, I’m used to LE giving little to no information, but I do often find that when they’re quiet, it doesn’t mean they don’t have anything... in fact, I often find the less they say, the more they have that they’re withholding to protect the case.

Sorry, but I hope that sheriff is more "on the ball" than he seems. Maybe it's just his way of talking, but I am not very impressed. He's probably the best of the best, and it's just me.

I got the impression he was saying, "I don't want to tell you what I know".

The request for anyone who's had contact with the family from Sunday onward seems to say a lot. Then there's the generic, "always keep an eye on your kids"...it says a lot to me, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I am hoping for this little girl to be found safely. Maybe they do have friends walking in and out of the home at all hours, maybe someone did go in and take Mariah and has her safe somewhere. Maybe the mother/boyfriend dropped Mariah off somewhere and the person is keeping quiet for some reason (similar to Shannon Matthews in the UK).

oh, ok. yes that makes sense. I bet they do want to know if Mariah came home with them on Sunday. I wonder if they were able to verify that she was in fact in Kentucky with the family. If this is the case, Mariah may have been missing for 5 days and they may not be able to find her in her home state.

Says to me they either want confirmation that she came home with them unharmed, or perhaps that they believe there was an altercation someone would be able to verify. Doesn’t sound good to me, not that I thought anything good would come of this beforehand either.

I took it to mean that they don't know if Mariah was with them on Sunday or not.

That's possible. I was also thinking they may suspect someone who saw Mariah on Sunday? Perhaps? The mom's pastor/pastor's wife have spoken to the media and one of them mentioned the family came back from Kentucky on Sunday. I wonder if they went to church on Sunday or if they told the pastor they would not be in church that day because they were traveling home? :thinking: I hope someone outside the family saw Mariah on Sunday. Could that be why the sheriff refused to answer when she was last seen? :gaah:

Well my goodness the boys are certainly old enough to know whether their sister was in the trailer on Sunday or with them when they got home from Thanksgiving Holidays.

Praying we don't have another Shaniya Davis case , :( Please NO!!!
PC was useless!!

This is kind of random, but I've seen a lot of talk about the photo where Mariah appears to have a black eye. I don't know what happened to her, but I'm not necessarily alarmed by the black eye. A dear friend of mine has a child who is 1 year and a half. Recently, she had 3 black eyes in two months! I was actually there when she got two of them. Both were from stumbling at the park and hitting something. Once I was standing with her, and the other time her mom was. We both caught her, but awkwardly, and she didn't even hit hard on the playground equipment. It looked a little red, and within hours she had a shiner. I just wanted to tell the story, because it looked so much worse than it was. And I'm confident they are wonderful, attentive, loving parents.

I am not so confident about Mariah's home life, but I am not quick to jump to conclusions about the pictures of her eye.

I'm getting antsy for the presser, and hoping I'm wrong about what we will learn. :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The same thing actually happened to my 21 month old last month...she was playing with my older daughter and she ran into the kitchen table. Her first accident, and it had to be a black eye!? I didn't even feel she hit the table hard! We were all literally right there when it happened, but it just took one second.

However, everything else considered with this little angel, I'm not sure her bruises were innocent accidents.... (would love to be wrong)! Breaks my heart! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They clearly have a lot of info. If there was a kidnapper, they would have issued a stronger statement than to keep an eye on your kids.

I got the impression he was saying, "I don't want to tell you what I know".

The request for anyone who's had contact with the family from Sunday onward seems to say a lot. Then there's the generic, "always keep an eye on your kids"...it says a lot to me, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I am hoping for this little girl to be found safely. Maybe they do have friends walking in and out of the home at all hours, maybe someone did go in and take Mariah and has her safe somewhere. Maybe the mother/boyfriend dropped Mariah off somewhere and the person is keeping quiet for some reason (similar to Shannon Matthews in the UK).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes