Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishful thinking but I hope LE releases the 911 call.

IMO, when the FBI becomes involved, the info provided to the public dries up.

I really wonder about the two brothers. I'm sure LE has talked with both boys,

I would like to think so, but I have to wonder if that would be legal to go straight to the (minor) children and question them without the parent's permission or in the presence. I could see IF the parent was a suspect or even officially under suspicion, but not without some "cause". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I agree with that idea as it could very well lead to the truth, I just feel like there are likely laws against it.

what were the' items of interest' found in the woods behind the house?

I wouldn't have a clue how to start looking but I know some others here have posted search warrants from other cases. Does anyone know if LE has asked for a SW and if they have what they're looking for? I haven't seen anything from MSM of items removed from the house or vehicles other than the outside trash can. Maybe they truly don't have anything they can tell us right now. JMO

Small detail, but what alarmed me was seeing the mother wearing make-up.

I would like to think so, but I have to wonder if that would be legal to go straight to the (minor) children and question them without the parent's permission or in the presence. I could see IF the parent was a suspect or even officially under suspicion, but not without some "cause". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I agree with that idea as it could very well lead to the truth, I just feel like there are likely laws against it.

I just think the mother would be happy to let LE talk to the kids if she thought they could help. I hope I'm not wrong on this but I don't think Mariah's mother had anything to do with her disappearance.

If they were, in fact in school yesterday (today?) CPS caseworkers/investigators would have interviewed them. They do not need parental knowledge of the interview or consent to come into a school and have a sit down with any child. It would make much more sense for them to interview on behalf of LE, especially since they work mostly with children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recaps of the presser. I agree with others here that the call for anyone who saw the family on Sunday is telling.

I wonder if the mom and/or bf ran an errand that evening and might have bumped into someone they know. Or perhaps a visitor stopped by or even drove by. Someone might have noticed SOMETHING on Sunday or would be able to state if Mariah was present.

I HATE thinking of her alone out there in the world. Find her!

jmopinion

Small detail, but what alarmed me was seeing the mother wearing make-up.

In and of itself, it doesn’t bother me. As a mother, I wouldn’t bother to apply makeup immediately after discovering my child was missing. I’d be out searching bare faced, barefoot and looking a mess.

The next day, yeah, I’d probably shower, dress and put on my makeup...trying to hold on to what little “normal” is left of my daily routine, especially if other kids depended on me. My morning routine is when I pray, reflect, plot out the course of my day. Even through serious illnesses - my own and a loved one’s. It’s a way to mentally and physically prepare for what the day might bring. Not necessarily saying this is what Mariah’s mother is doing.

I’m sure there are people who judged me for taking the time to put myself together as there are folks on the internet judging this mom. Small details can be telling. Or sometimes small details are nothing.

This is kind of random, but I've seen a lot of talk about the photo where Mariah appears to have a black eye. I don't know what happened to her, but I'm not necessarily alarmed by the black eye. A dear friend of mine has a child who is 1 year and a half. Recently, she had 3 black eyes in two months! I was actually there when she got two of them. Both were from stumbling at the park and hitting something. Once I was standing with her, and the other time her mom was. We both caught her, but awkwardly, and she didn't even hit hard on the playground equipment. It looked a little red, and within hours she had a shiner. I just wanted to tell the story, because it looked so much worse than it was. And I'm confident they are wonderful, attentive, loving parents.

I am not so confident about Mariah's home life, but I am not quick to jump to conclusions about the pictures of her eye.

I'm getting antsy for the presser, and hoping I'm wrong about what we will learn. :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Those photos were interesting to say the least. Children have accidents no doubt but you always need to look at a pattern of accidents, illness when a child goes missing. It is not “sleuthing” the parents to obtain info on the victim in my opinion. According to the mother the “black eye” was a result of “a chemical burn” from using “Huggins” baby wipes on the child’s face. when I originally posted those photos before they were deleted it was not accusing the mother just public info I found interesting considering the current situation. I also find it interesting that I can not find a single photo showing her “leg braces”. I know that usually they have children to wear then around the clock except in water (bath).

JMHO

I have gone on trips even for a wkend and when we came home there was always a grocery run or at the very least ordered a pizza. I wonder if they can check out local store videos to see if either one of them went to a store. IMO.

If family members went someplace in public (store, church, gas station, a park, etc) they may have been seen by someone who did not talk to them/people who only recognize them now from the news. LE could be looking to corroborate a story OR may be looking for someone that saw them someplace that has not been shared. JMO.

Except cameras in a store (or employees/cashier's, receipts from the store itself could more easily be fact checked or tracked down than a press conference you hope someone from those places at the same time as the family happen to see) Similar with church, gas station etc) Though your deal of a park is really good because it's not always the same people there and harder to prove without video.

Wonder why a place would not be shared to LE if she was infact alive and well at that point.....I think you make a good point.

I disagree completely. If my child was missing like that, the very LAST thing on my mind would be putting on makeup.

Me too. But I can also envision my sisters being with me, watching the kids, keeping the household running, making sure I ate and put on fresh clothes. I can picture them telling me, if I had to appear on camera, to make myself presentable. I might not think about makeup or care about putting it on, but someone around me might think it is good advice.

I can find many things to fault in this situation and I'm doubting the timeline and story bigtime, but I'm giving a pass on the makeup. Bigger fish to fry.

jmopinion

The first case I followed here after joining in 2005 was Jessica Lunsford and sweet baby Mariah's disappearance is quite similar. God please don't let it end the same way.

LE is asking for anyone who had contact with family since Sunday to come forward.

seems like nothing new but a reporter asked about a car driving away from the house around midnight.. interesting, hand't heard that yet. The usual "can't comment" "ongoing investigation" answer

Taken together these two statements are interesting. An alleged car seen leaving the house at midnight without comment from LE and then the appeal for anyone who had contact with the family to come forward.

Is it possible they suspect that another adult was at the house that the family is keeping hush about, and they are trying to appeal to that person to speak to LE? If there was someone else, the very fact that the parents have not revealed who it was would mean the person either witnessed something or took Mariah away.

jmo

I'm late to this case. I was able to read most of this thread but had to skip to the end.

I have one kid who wears PJ's ALL the time, and the other who sleeps just in his underwear every night, be it 100 degrees or 0 degrees. I do agree with the thoughts some have that she wet the bed and took of her jammies. I also agree if she was getting up, it was to use the potty.

I watched the first video of the mom's please and looked at her FB. I'm not feeling the mom. From what I can see that is public on her FB, it seems she really loved her girl.

I go to bed early, my husband stays up. Since I know he's up, I crash hard and don't hear a thing until he comes to bed. I can see the mom not waking up when Maria got up at midnight.

What really scares me though is needing someone to confirm she was seen on Sunday. Poor baby :( Ugh!!!

I don't have a lot of hope they will find her alive. Breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur