Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has bio father not seen her (or the boys) in a year? He and his girlfriend had all the kids for a month because of CPS involvement... The kids return to their mother and he isn't interested or concerned enough to go check up on them or visit or make arrangements to see them this past year?

Unrelated to the case at hand but seems odd to me. Especially after spending 30 solid days together......

These two counties are just about 35 or 40 minutes apart. Not much info on the Pender county. Strange coincidence?

NC - Girl, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017
https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/20/n...pender-county/
"According to the incident report, the 5-year-old child was last seen Sunday night November 12 at her home on Blackwater Drive in Willard. The child was found the next morning, she had been strangled and raped."

Why has bio father not seen her (or the boys) in a year? He and his girlfriend had all the kids for a month because of CPS involvement... The kids return to their mother and he isn't interested or concerned enough to go check up on them or visit or make arrangements to see them this past year?

Unrelated to the case at hand but seems odd to me. Especially after spending 30 solid days together......

Unless we are a fly on the wall then we have no idea. I am not going to speculate on the bio Dad. Most juvenile cases are confidential in the court system.

the boyfriend tells the mom "go back to bed" but why did she get up in the first place?
and what was he doing up at 11 without her?
When I was married we typically retired at the same time.

(I jumped forward if that's already been addressed)

I think he told the little girl to go back to bed, not the mom. At least that's the way I read it.

So how long as the boyfriend been a "live in" boyfriend?

Sorry if already addressed.

I refuse to make a judgment, until we get something else from LE.
Just praying for this darling little girl.
If LE really thinks Mariah is out in the woods, would they really call off the search?

Gah, they called off the search?!?! If so this is soooooo telling...

Eta: I'm getting the impression they're still searching?

:lookingitup:

Eta: I think you guys were referring to the search at night (last night)? If so, then yes this is a huge indicator, imo. Because they would be out there searching, even at night.

I agree. I hope that there was a reason other than he just didn't care...

Do we have a confirmed last sighting of Mariah other than the parents?

Yes

Most social services juvenile cases are confidential so the public would not really know what all the facts were. The number one priority is to unify the parents with the children that have been taken from the family if possible. Social Services submit a family plan in court that has steps for the parents to take to gain custody back from the state ranging from counselling, parent classes or drug and alcohol treatments. In the meantime they try to put the children in a relative placement if possible which explains why the bio Dad had the kids in his care for a month. Social services will also do background checks on all adults living in the house and the biological parents are told if they want to have the chance to have their kids back then the living arrangements must change. So if a live in bf or gf has a record then then the bio parent must boot them out if they want to have the chance to gain custody back from the state. The system is not perfect and it has failed in many cases.

Yes CPS has failed in MANY cases over the years. There needs to be stronger laws and regulations.

Riley Fox.

Ugh, thanks MsF.

"Riley Fox*(March 31, 2001 – June 6, 2004) was a three-year-old American girl who was reported missing in*Wilmington, Illinois. Later that same day the girl was found dead in Forsythe Woods County Forest Preserve, a public park that was just a few miles from the family's residence. The girl was found in the park, face down in a creek. She had been bound, gagged, and sexually assaulted and then drowned.[1]

Fox's father was initially the prime suspect, but Scott Eby, who was on parole for previous crimes, was ultimately convicted for Fox's rape and murder."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Riley_Fox

From above:

Search for missing girl passes 24-hour mark

"The Latest

Officials have expanded the crime scene tape, originally only surrounding Mariah's home, as of 11:00 a.m., November 28. State troopers arrived on the scene to aid in the search.

Investigators brought the crime scene tape closer to the road near Mariah's home. Earlier there was a trash can there -- our reporters on the scene said*officials took the trash can and drove off with it.

The FBI was also seen investigating the shed behind Mariah's home, looking very closing at something on the ground minutes before expanding the crime scene tape to encompass that area."

"Law enforcement officials are confirming that federal agents are going house to house and searching all abandoned cars. Officials said their area of focus is the land behind the line of houses where she went missing, which is marine property.

The Sheriff's dept not asking for assistance from civilians right now and K-9 units were going down both directions of Dawson Cabin Road as of 10:27 a.m.

K-9 units arrived on the scene at 10:00 a.m.

As of 9:30 a.m. this morning, FBI, NCIS, Onslow Sheriff's Department, and military police are on the scene continuing the search for Mariah Woods.

The military police had a mobile command unit set up yesterday, officials confirmed. As our reporters arrived on scene today, officials were setting it up again.

Crime tape still surrounds the house."

http://www.wcti12.com/news/local-ne...missing-3-year-old-in-onslow-county/662840953

That is what I said to

These two counties are just about 35 or 40 minutes apart. Not much info on the Pender county. Strange coincidence?

NC - Girl, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017
https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/20/n...pender-county/
"According to the incident report, the 5-year-old child was last seen Sunday night November 12 at her home on Blackwater Drive in Willard. The child was found the next morning, she had been strangled and raped."

My daughter wore leg braces when she was little, but they had to be worn with her heavy ankle high built up boots, which she hated. Not the braces as much as the 'yugly shoes'. We would sometimes, for a special occasion, like a birthday party, let her wear pretty shoes. She could walk without her braces, but she would have to do that bending her arms, and holding them at waist height in front of her with her hands hanging down, something that we were trying to avoid, before it became her natural gait.

Yes, my daughter has ankle high braces and doesn't wear them all the time. I was looking for the shoe type usually worn in the pics but on saw one that pic that may have been with braces. I guess I am thinking about what the adopted grandma said. That she would fall when walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper