Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same thing actually happened to my 21 month old last month...she was playing with my older daughter and she ran into the kitchen table. We were all literally right there when it happened! Just took one second. However, everything else considered with this little angel, I'm not sure her bruises were innocent accidents.... (would love to be wrong)! Breaks my heart! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with you. My daughter was always banged up as a toddler, and my son is only 1 and has had a broken collarbone already... not because we’re awful parents, but because they are WILD. I can’t even turn my back on them for a second! That said, I also agree that with everything being considered, it doesn’t look good for any injuries being innocent in this poor babe’s case :( We got quite the looking into at the hospital when my son broke his collarbone. I wish that were always the case for everyone. Our GP apologized to me for the ped’s docs asking so many questions because he thought it would upset me. NOPE. I’m darn glad they did. I’d have opened my doors for anything they wanted, thanks to these cases.

Hey y'all! I just got on and am 14 pages behind but jumped ahead when I heard about the presser, which I missed. Thanks for posting about it! It's disappointing not only to learn Mariah still hasn't been found but also no POI or suspect has been named.

I think LE's on top of this and we'll get more info in the next 12 hours or so (just guessing). I also think many here suspect where the case is heading.

The same thing actually happened to my 21 month old last month...she was playing with my older daughter and she ran into the kitchen table. Her first accident, and it had to be a black eye!? I didn't even feel she hit the table hard! We were all literally right there when it happened, but it just took one second.

However, everything else considered with this little angel, I'm not sure her bruises were innocent accidents.... (would love to be wrong)! Breaks my heart! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, some of these little ones are just so accident prone. My friend's daughter has no fear, and is constantly trying to climb or jump off of something. Her other daughter was super cautious.

Anyway, hoping for some news about Mariah. I'm confident that LE has more than they are saying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I hope that sheriff is more "on the ball" than he seems. Maybe it's just his way of talking, but I am not very impressed. He's probably the best of the best, and it's just me. I'm frustrated and it clouds my opinion.
He sounds pretty qualified. He was an SBI special agent. served on ICAC task force and Cybercrime task force. He was a deputy US Marshal and a former Marine MP.

As per the new FBI poster, Mariah was last seen at 11pm Sunday when her mother checked on her.

He sounds pretty qualified. He was an SBI special agent. served on ICAC task force and Cybercrime task force. He was a deputy US Marshal and a former Marine MP.

Seriously?? I was agreeing with lisette that he didn't seem on top of things at all.

Agree with all those who shared their thoughts/theories on why LE is asking anyone who had contact with the family to come forward.

Why would they need to ASK someone/people who had contact to come forward. Surely the family would know who they came into contact with those days, can tell LE and LE can confirm it being true or not.

In what instances would a person/family not know or be able to track down in some way, who they came into contact with those 2 days?

Anyone have ideas?

I don’t think anyone’s convinced it’s the last sighting - I found it more interesting that the boyfriends midnight sighting doesn’t get a mention.

Agree with all those who shared their thoughts/theories on why LE is asking anyone who had contact with the family to come forward.

Why would they need to ASK someone/people who had contact to come forward. Surely the family would know who they came into contact with those days, can tell LE and LE can confirm it being true or not.

In what instances would a person/family not know or be able to track down in some way, who they came into contact with those 2 days?

Anyone have ideas?

I think they're trying to determine if there was someone other than the ones the family fessed up to who may be able to shed some more light on if Mariah was with them on Sunday and was she in good health. At least that's my thinking. MOO

Praying we don't have another Shaniya Davis case , :( Please NO!!!
PC was useless!!

Nothing new... hope LE is building a case.
If Mariah's no longer with us, that is.
:moo:

I really wonder about the two brothers. I'm sure LE has talked with both boys, maybe it's what they are saying that makes LE question last sightings

Anyone have ideas?

If family members went someplace in public (store, church, gas station, a park, etc) they may have been seen by someone who did not talk to them/people who only recognize them now from the news. LE could be looking to corroborate a story OR may be looking for someone that saw them someplace that has not been shared. JMO.

I think they're trying to determine if there was someone other than the ones the family fessed up to who may be able to shed some more light on if Mariah was with them on Sunday and was she in good health. At least that's my thinking. MOO

Yeah, I've seen LE request that in other cases too so to some extent IMO it's probably routine to verify a last sighting and as you say to learn the condition of the child. I think LE only requests it publicly when they have not found anyone who saw the child just prior to the disappearance.

Or when inconsistencies cause the timeline to fall apart. JMO.

Yes, that was my thinking too. I guess my thought was more, who would they (the mother and boyfriend) be leaving out or why?

Someone who was doing something illegal that they could also implicate themselves with, in telling?

Something too embarrassing to admit to?

I'm not getting wild sex party /swinger party vibes here but drugs would not be at all surprising.

I really wonder about the two brothers. I'm sure LE has talked with both boys, maybe it's what they are saying that makes LE question last sightings

Or maybe if there is foul play and this case ends up in court the DA would want more collaboration than 2 small boys. Better to have too much evidence than not enough.

Or maybe if there is foul play and this case ends up in court the DA would want more collaboration than 2 small boys. Better to have too much evidence than not enough.
This, exactly. They need stronger witnesses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member