GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry I'm in restaurant on phone and can't read the red print. I'm thinking that overdosing Mariah is not the heinous aggravating factor in this case. My thoughts, in order for death penalty to come into play, an additional especially heinous act was being committed during the overdose of chloroform. Jmo

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
Yeah, killing someone with choloroform isn't heinous in and of itself :( I mean, compared with other causes of death.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've got to admit, I'm totally peeved that MSM has articles out stating that the mother reported her missing, then I learn that her boyfriend, the accused murderer actually called 911. I haven't read anything stating that neighbors were awakened in a search for Mariah. So, my question; why didn't the mother call for help or wake everyone in the neighborhood to search?

And, if initial media reports are correct, the 2 brothers went to school that morning! So, murder, dispose of body, steal 2 dressers, call 911 and then send other 2 kids to school. just a normal day in the kimrey household...

Sorry I'm in restaurant on phone and can't read the red print. I'm thinking that overdosing Mariah is not the heinous aggravating factor in this case. My thoughts, in order for death penalty to come into play, an additional especially heinous act was being committed during the overdose of chloroform. Jmo

Probably too late, but here it is in good ol' B&W:

SUBCHAPTER XV. CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.

Article 100.

Capital Punishment.

15A-2000. Sentence of death or life imprisonment for capital felonies; further proceedings to determine sentence.

(e) Aggravating Circumstances. - Aggravating circumstances which may be considered shall be limited to the following:

(9) The capital felony was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.

https://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/stat...atute=15A-2000

I hope this is better, my good Pal. :) And I just listed this (9) factor based on what was said at the arraignment -- the prosecutor cited this one when they formally announced their plans for the DP.

I've got to admit, I'm totally peeved that MSM has articles out stating that the mother reported her missing, then I learn that her boyfriend, the accused murderer actually called 911. I haven't read anything stating that neighbors were awakened in a search for Mariah. So, my question; why didn't the mother call for help or wake everyone in the neighborhood to search?

Good point! I, along with many of others on this thread, would have run screaming out of the house, knocking on doors, looking in backyards, play areas like kids' forts or playhouses. "Where is she? Mariah, where are you? Help, please."

Good point. Another SMH.

Good point! I, along with many of others on this thread, would have run screaming out of the house, knocking on doors, looking in backyards, play areas like kids' forts or playhouses. "Where is she? Mariah, where are you? Help, please."

Good point. Another SMH.
I lost my older daughter for about five minutes when she was 4ish- she snuck out to see the neighbor's English Mastiff- and that was my exact reaction.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think EK told where to find the body. He just tried to say she died accidentally. The mother probably hasn;t been arrested because they don;t have enough to sustain a conviction.

Good point. Another SMH.

in the 911 call the dispatcher asks if he's checked with the neighbors...he replies something like...we just moved here and they arent too friendly... were it me, i'd be searching the neighborhood while on the phone with 911 and in hysterics.

I've followed Mariah's case from the beginning but only posted here a couple of times but I do have a couple of questions hopefully someone knows the answer.
Early on the CPS reports were leaked that said Mariah and sibling were the victims of SA by EK
but those are just allegations that were made after she was murdered? Has it been confirmed that EK was molesting Mariah? I know her COD was Chloroform toxicity but I've read back over all the threads and I didn't see confirmation I could have missed it. Not that it matters in the end he still took her life but I'm hoping that beautiful baby girl wasn't betrayed in that way
TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I just don't understand how "mom" hasn't received any child endangerment charges, yet. She had her children taken due to abuse from EK, but yet he continued to live there with her children. How is that not blatant child endangerment?

I've followed Mariah's case from the beginning but only posted here a couple of times but I do have a couple of questions hopefully someone knows the answer.
Early on the CPS reports were leaked that said Mariah and sibling were the victims of SA by EK
but those are just allegations that were made after she was murdered? Has it been confirmed that EK was molesting Mariah? I know her COD was Chloroform toxicity but I've read back over all the threads and I didn't see confirmation I could have missed it. Not that it matters in the end he still took her life but I'm hoping that beautiful baby girl wasn't betrayed in that way
TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

From December 5:

One of the brothers said their mother knew that Kimrey allegedly was sexually abusing Mariah, according to the documents, which say Kristy Woods “failed to protect juveniles from exposure to sexual abuse” and that Kimrey allegedly used illegal drugs.*The two boys are now in the care of their maternal grandmother, the documents said.

Kristy Woods was charged with misdemeanor simple assault and misdemeanor communicating threats in May 2016, but the charges were dismissed a month later.

The documents are a juvenile summons and notice of hearing and notes that the two boys have been placed in Department of Social Services custody temporarily, according to*The Daily News. Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, were scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning, where the court will decide if the allegations of abuse are accurate. If the court rules that the allegations are true, there will be another hearing to determine the fate of the brothers.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article188156729.html

Hmm, I wonder where the brothers are now? I don't know whatever became of the follow-up by CPS/ DSS regarding their abuse and custody.

Honestly, I believe their allegations, and the death by chloroform certainly supports the narrative.

[emoji254] Justice for Mariah [emoji254]

From December 5:

One of the brothers said their mother knew that Kimrey allegedly was sexually abusing Mariah, according to the documents, which say Kristy Woods “failed to protect juveniles from exposure to sexual abuse” and that Kimrey allegedly used illegal drugs.*The two boys are now in the care of their maternal grandmother, the documents said.

Kristy Woods was charged with misdemeanor simple assault and misdemeanor communicating threats in May 2016, but the charges were dismissed a month later.

The documents are a juvenile summons and notice of hearing and notes that the two boys have been placed in Department of Social Services custody temporarily, according to*The Daily News. Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, were scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning, where the court will decide if the allegations of abuse are accurate. If the court rules that the allegations are true, there will be another hearing to determine the fate of the brothers.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article188156729.html

Hmm, I wonder where the brothers are now? I don't know whatever became of the follow-up by CPS/ DSS regarding their abuse and custody.

Honestly, I believe their allegations, and the death by chloroform certainly supports the narrative.

[emoji254] Justice for Mariah [emoji254]

CPS documents have bothered me as much as Mariah's murder. From what i remember, these were allegations by Alex Woods (and his girlfriend) but I could never determine if the allegations were proven by CPS. Not to throw blame but CPS appears to have failed the kids in this case.

I just don't understand how "mom" hasn't received any child endangerment charges, yet. She had her children taken due to abuse from EK, but yet he continued to live there with her children. How is that not blatant child endangerment?
I don’t understand this either... IMO she knew! Are the older boys now with father?

CPS documents have bothered me as much as Mariah's murder. From what i remember, these were allegations by Alex Woods (and his girlfriend) but I could never determine if the allegations were proven by CPS. Not to throw blame but CPS appears to have failed the kids in this case.

Weren’t the children removed from her care and given to Dad for a time? I think I remember he couldn’t pursue them going back to her because of court/lawyer costs? The state wouldn’t/couldn’ help? Or maybe I’m remembering wrong.

Nothing new for Mariah?? No arrests for
the egg donor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing new for Mariah?? No arrests for
the egg donor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, no updates that I can find. IMO if LE can gather enough evidence for probable cause they'll arrest Mariah's mother for something, even if it's only child endangerment. My fear though is that the DA may need her testimony at trial now that it's a death penalty case. I keep thinking about Teghan Skiba's case where the mom was arrested for felony negligent child abuse causing serious bodily harm but she was never prosecuted. She testified at JR's trial and IMO that's why she skated on her charges.

Certainly I want Kimrey to suffer the full extent of the law and I can almost... almost... live with mom not being charged except I'm terrified that if she isn't she will be allowed around her other children or worse, have another baby (I'm not sure I believe the "tubes tied and burned" story). If she remains free IMO she'll find another lowlife to shack up with. All MOO.

bbm
Sad to say, but where have we seen this before? SMH
I just wish we wouldn't hear about this type thing so often -- of course we never really hear the CPS side of it other than something like, "I guess [child's name] somehow fell through the cracks." There has got to be a remedy for this -- of course, we never hear about the horrors that could have been but were avoided by good management & followup. We just mainly hear about the horrible one after they do occur. <sigh>

Nope, no updates that I can find. IMO if LE can gather enough evidence for probable cause they'll arrest Mariah's mother for something, even if it's only child endangerment. My fear though is that the DA may need her testimony at trial now that it's a death penalty case. I keep thinking about Teghan Skiba's case where the mom was arrested for felony negligent child abuse causing serious bodily harm but she was never prosecuted. She testified at JR's trial and IMO that's why she skated on her charges.

Certainly I want Kimrey to suffer the full extent of the law and I can almost... almost... live with mom not being charged except I'm terrified that if she isn't she will be allowed around her other children or worse, have another baby (I'm not sure I believe the "tubes tied and burned" story). If she remains free IMO she'll find another lowlife to shack up with. All MOO.

Agree about Mariah's mother -- I'd like to see her charged with something -- but they may make an offer of her testifying truthfully about Kimrey and all the rest, in exchange for some lighter sentence if they ever do charge her.

And re little Teghan Skiba - BTW, what she was put through is, for me, the worst case I have ever seen -- I have given up looking on the Johnston County, NC, Courts docket for her ~mother~.
I think she disappeared with her new baby after the April, 2014 DP conviction for Richardson, but the NC National Guard or Army Reserves (whichever one she served) should have had an address for her back then unless she deserted them, too. SMH

Still looking for updates on this case. I too was expecting charges against the another person. How many adults lived in the same mobile home? How big could the mobile home have been?

I haven't seen any updates since one dated Feb. 27, 2018.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck
Back