Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reward offered in this case? If not, I wonder why? It’s the holiday season and I’m sure some people could be motivated to come forward with what they know if there is something in it for them.
It was mentioned that Crime stoppers was offering a $2500 reward

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Tillicum If I woke up to my 3 year old missing from her bed and was concerned enough to call LE, I think I'd be too nervous to send my sons to school. I probably wouldn't want them out of my sight.

There's no way my kids would be going to school. They would refuse and I would not let them.

Hmmm, I never thought about the other kids going/not going to school -- prolly because we had only one child & because I am an only child. But reading your comments, I must say heck, no, my other children would be at home and not out of my sight.

Interesting...

Hmmm, I never thought about the other kids going/not going to school -- prolly because we had only one child & because I am an only child. But reading your comments, I must say heck, no, my other children would be at home and not out of my sight.

Interesting...

Maybe they didn't want to disrupt the boys' normal routine? I would imagine it would be upsetting for them to be around while all the cops were searching the area.

Although I should also add that I don't have any kids yet so I don't know how I would react if I was a parent in this situation.

Maybe they didn't want to disrupt the boys' normal routine? I would imagine it would be upsetting for them to be around while all the cops were searching the area.

Their sister is missing and presumed to be dead by many. Think they won’t hear that from their classmates? Think they won’t hear that their mom and her bf probably did it? I know that’s terrible but it is so true. Sending children to school when a crisis is going on in their life to pretend everything is “normal” is more horrifying and traumatizing than you can imagine, I’m speaking from personal experience.

Do we have confirmation that the boys were sent to school?

That’s a good point...I just know for me, as a parent, if one of my littles was missing, I don’t think I would be able to do what it took to get the others ready for school, dressed, lunches in hand, etc. I would be a panicked mess..but everyone is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting...

I'd probably sent mine to school. I'd wanted them to have as much of a sense of normality as possible. Everything is crazy at that house right now. I'd feel a break would be good for them.

That’s makes sense willenfan- thank you for the photos and the detailed explanation.

Big girl meets world fans in this house too- [emoji4]

Thanks willenfan-- I had another thought that I haven't seen mentioned yet. The first sentence of the "body found" headline reads ". . . body of water." It may simply be a major typo/discombobulation between content and headline, especially if they were in a hurry to publish an update. MOO

Anyone know what time schools in Onslow County start their day? If the boys took the bus, what time would they have to be out there to get picked up? TIA.

Their sister is missing and presumed to be dead by many. Think they won’t hear that from their classmates? Think they won’t hear that their mom and her bf probably did it? I know that’s terrible but it is so true. Sending children to school when a crisis is going on in their life to pretend everything is “normal” is more horrifying and traumatizing than you can imagine, I’m speaking from personal experience.

Family members said there was no sign of forced entry but did mention the back door was unlocked.

Once they realized Mariah was missing both Woods and her boyfriend called for help.

Police spent all day searching for Mariah using helicopters, drones, and K9s.

Family members told WNCT, the girl has an orthopedic leg problem when she walks.

The Sheriff’s Office checked with Mariah’s biological father but said he does not have the girl.
The girl’s two older brothers made it to school safely.

http://www.wbir.com/article/news/lo...mart-are-not-missing-girl-mariah/51-495415327

I wonder if the boys knew that their sister was missing at that stage. If they did, it was cruel to send them off to school. Like they have no feelings of anxiety about their sister.

You took the "words out of my mouth" (or the equivalent here in print!). It would be good to try and keep them on schedule in school and to have their lives as close to normal as possible, but their lives at school would be, IMO, anything but normal. Being asked about her -- "has she been found yet?", "where is your sister?" etc., etc. That, IMO, would be worse than being at home with LE and local news, etc. Keep 'em home & give them something to do. Call the school and ask that their assignments be made available to them, etc.

If I woke up to my 3 year old missing from her bed and was concerned enough to call LE, I think I'd be too nervous to send my sons to school. I probably wouldn't want them out of my sight.

I had this exact thought and initially assumed the kids got themselves up, ready, and out the door before the adults got up and realized the baby was gone. I wonder if she usually slept past the time the older kids went to school / was it normal for them to not see her in the morning. Then I assumed they sent the kids to school before calling police so they could have claimed the kids didn’t even know she was gone.

Did she send them to school after the cops arrived? Or did they leave before the kid was reported missing? I would have thought the police would want them to stay and be interviewed. I also think a kid would be very upset and have been very distracted (and distracting!) in a classroom if they knew their sibling was gone.

This case is so confusing to me. So much makes no sense!

Anyone know what time schools in Onslow County start their day? If the boys took the bus, what time would they have to be out there to get picked up? TIA.

If they were on a rural route, it would be by 630-7 if they started school by 8 or so

If they were on a rural route, it would be by 630-7 if they started school by 8 or so

That's what I was wondering. It's possible the boys had already left at 6:30 AM and walked to the bus stop if school was early. Mom reportedly noticed Mariah missing at 6:45 AM. Perhaps it was routine to let her sleep until after the boys left for school? That's the only way letting the boys go to school makes sense, IMO-- if they were already on their way there when the 911 call was made.

That's what I was wondering. It's possible the boys had already left at 6:30 AM and walked to the bus stop if school was early. She reportedly noticed Mariah missing at 6:45 AM. Perhaps it was routine to let her sleep until after the boys left for school? That's the only way letting the boys go to school makes sense, IMO-- if they were already on their way there when the 911 call was made.

That time is pretty much common for rural routes because most schools offer breakfast to all the kids and I am sure the 2 boys would eat breakfast at school as well. Buses usually get to school a half hour before it starts so kids would have the option to eat before the bell rang.

Was hoping she would be found today. I hope she is found soon. :tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member