Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding talk about the mass amount of woods and water....

I lived in Alaska for 4 years on a military base that was super remote and not far from the arctic circle. While going out exploring in the vast wildness that Alaska is...I was continually thinking how easy it would be to just 'get rid of someone' or get lost and never be found. While the incredible beauty that was all around me was amazing....It also gave me a claustrophobic type of feeling because of the thoughts I would have. Not sure if that makes sense to others...I am not sure how else to describe it.

When I hear wooded area, water in any case.....I just feel sick. But I also feel horrible (and thankful) for the people searching these very very very difficult areas.

Just a random thought...since there is no new news.

O/T I understand. Claustrophobic here {raises hand}. While it does not bother me in the woods, I've found myself feeling it try to creep in while in the water. My s/o is a certified diver. I know, 100%, for sure, that I could not do that. It gets to me thinking about my s/o down there. Large department/box stores can get to me too. It's hard to explain because these are open spaces...

https://www.ncdps.gov/Our-Organizat...ghway-Patrol/Amber-Alert/Amber-Alert-Criteria
2ab7bf2e53ddc4d57c8e06a370f0045e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

"there must be sufficient descriptive data on the child, abductor and/or abductor's vehicle for the public to be on the lookout for something. It does no good to activate an AMBER Alert if sufficient information can't be provided to the public."

So, we have a description of the child, nothing on an abductor or their vehicle. Unless.......seeing the bf leaving with something in his arms,
and /or driving away in a described vehicle is it. Didn't LE ask if anyone saw a certain vehicle driving in the wee hours of the morning?

Have the 2 sons been removed from their home with Mariah's Mother since Mariah disappeared? I didn't know this.

The minister of the caregiver went on tv and asked for donations of food, clothing and gas cards to assist in the care of the two brothers.

I have zero understanding or sympathy for a parent who knowingly leaves their tiny, vulnerable child alone with an abusive monster. I'm sorry. Her child had a dad and step mom who could've come to get her and her brothers. And keep them safe.

That would mean giving up the $$. Housing, food stamps, ADC and disability on Mariah. She wasn't going to do that.

I have a feeling someone is going to confess very soon.

I am always hopeful but history tells us that never happens. Maybe once in a blue moon.

I don't think smokes were at the root of it. I'd guess, even it it is kinda rural through there, that there's a gas station not very far that he could've drove that van to get more. At $6 bucks a pack for even the cheap ones, I'm guessing money matters may have been at the root of it all, a possible argument, and he took it out on an inanimate object. There's usually something more under the surface to these kinds of outbursts.

The witness claimed the BF was without keys, as well...

so he probably was not able to drive the Windstar to go get the cigs...

JMO

I recall the name of the little girl that I posted about earlier ....Zahra Baker. Almost burnt the few cells I have left.

It is possible that the items of interest they examined in Quanitco had algae or any other substances relating to water and they may have narrowed it to certain areas.

I don't think they believe that she walked to the water. :cry:

I think they are searching the closest places that a perp might try and dispose of a body in the middle of the night...:sigh:....

That's what makes me worry that the boys won't say anything except what they might've been told to say.

If he's abused their mother, they may also say nothing thinking that they are protecting her, from him. Especially the 10 y/o.

Does anyone think and yes I am stretching it again that perhaps Mariah was abducted but it was planned? A debt owed or there are other options that came to my mind.

To me the longer the search goes the less likely someone is going to confess, I think it emboldens the perp. I do think LE knows what happened and they are connecting the dots and I do think they have "stuff".

Oh boy :(
I have an “adult temper” (and by that I mean the opposite of what he meant— I am an adult capable of controlling my temper) and my 3 yr old daughter can really wind me up with her attitude. It’s a tough age. To do something like that in broad daylight tells me someone has literally zero control over rage and feels justified in expressing it.

:thinking:

About that report of BF's baseball bat tantrum:

If I were to wrap myself in an afghan and cuddle up in that amateur psychologist armchair I got off Craigslist. . .

What strikes me about this story is that he ends up "punishing" the very thing that was completely "innocent" in that situation. He destroyed the (in his mind, obviously) "responsible" party that stood between him and getting what he "needed," even though that thing was also the means (literally, the "vehicle") to get what he wanted (demanded) in that particular moment. It's a failure to deal with that "want monster," a diabolical opponent that shows up in everyone's life, but is particularly ferocious in the life of an addict. BTW, I'm speaking specifically of nicotine addiction in BF's case--at least so far.

It's the "I'll show you" response, one of dozens of unreasonable, selfish, and ultimately self-defeating reactions that occur when that "adult temper" is allowed to get its own way. What goes along with this utter failure of impulse control is an inability to contemplate the (probably quite severe) consequences to come.

(It took me longer than usual to put this into words, so I'm sure by now dozens of other Sleuths have opined about the same thing, and probably in a more helpful way! ) :discuss: :moo:

Only my wild speculation, based solely on personal experiences and other things I've witnessed in my life

Does anybody happen to remember the case of the little missing girl from the home she shared with her bio dad and grandma. Seems they had a visitor one night and it was he that killer her. I'm a bit foggy on that case but seems similiar

Didn't I read early on that somebody did come to the trailer late that night to visit? I haven't read it lately but seems I did early on in the case.

I can agree with you to some degree as I have had experience with being extensively abused and afraid for my life.
However, where I tend to disagree is the minute one incident happened to my daughter, I was out of there!!!

It did not matter to me if we had to live in a tent or what I would need to do in order to provide for us, I was getting out and never going back.

For years, I have had to live with the fact that deep in my heart and mind although there was fear, a selfish part of me wanted my marriage to work out and I stayed as long as I did because of that. I grew up in and lived in a very rural area with poverty. I even grew up in a mobile home. In fact I owned the mobile home we were living in when I fled. I didn't know anything else and had never been to a large city, but when I fled that is exactly where I went.
Children give you the strength to do what you may be too weak to do for yourself. Parents will die defending their children, that is how we are designed unless we are broken from the factory.

Regardless of what has happened to Mariah, I can think of only one thing that would cause any parent not to protect their children and that is addiction to drugs or alcohol.

In my situation I later came to understand that the person who was inflicting abuse on me had a problem with drugs and alcohol. I didn't know at the time. The situation was confusing but that was my first experience with someone with a drug or alcohol issue so it took some years in the world of seeing things to put it all together.

I believe this could be the case also. Unfortunately, even if Mom wanted out, it's not as easy as some folks think that it is. Even if she knows, in her heart, or for sure, the he has done something she may be too afraid to say anything. The emotional control that abusers have over their prey is amazing. I'm reserving judgement on Mom for now because I know that most can't just get up and walk out that door with kids in tow. It's a terrible existence. I have a couple friends who had abusive spouses. I'm surprised that one of them made it out alive. The man was a monster and LE was of zero assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor