Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for the info.... I haven't been able to keep up with this for a couple of days but it has been on my mind constantly. I pray they find this little girl. This has hit way to close to home for me.

The weekend before Mariah went missing a 5 year old girl was raped and murdered in the neighboring county of Pender NC. This is approximately 45 minutes away. However no suspects have been named and news sources are scarce. I wonder if there is a connection.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIILCgBMAM&usg=AOvVaw0nSCJMbHj2sdM6rThH94m5

Whoa. That's scary.

Okay. So I read through the entire article (though I did not view the video that was associated with the article) and NOT ONCE was the child's name mentioned. WTH?! I know we probably have a thread on Websleuths for her, though. The date of the child's attack (I am assuming that it occurred within the home) was Sunday, November 12, 2017.

Today there were zero questions about whether or not other parents in the community should be concerned about the safety of their children. I think LE put those fears to rest yesterday. I think if he thought for a second there was a predator roaming the community he would be letting parents know and not taking any chances with the lives of other children. If there was even a small chance this was a serial predator, there would be big warnings to families to lock their doors, keep their children inside to play, etc. There is no talk of a description of an abductor or a vehicle even now. So it's a waiting game. I hope anyone who is suspected of being involved is being kept awake and under bright lights as much as the sheriff and FBI. Their nerves will surely be frayed soon.

Okay. So I read through the entire article (though I did not view the video that was associated with the article) and NOT ONCE was the child's name mentioned. WTH?! I know we probably have a thread on Websleuths for her, though. The date of the child's attack (I am assuming that it occurred within the home) was Sunday, November 12, 2017.

The name of this beautiful little girl was Paitin Fields. You can read her obituary online. I posted a recent story above regarding this case, and her name was mentioned in this MSM video. I pray they find whoever did this. I believe they will when dna results are in. JMO

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/29/...ts-answers-after-pender-child-raped-murdered/

Why are 15 men and women standing there doing nothing? So much presence but not much going on.

I've had the Susan Smith case on my mind all day. Do you remember how long it took her to make a confession? Also, it seems that in cases of abduction, the mother is front and center, pleading for her child to come home. This case is glaringly different in that way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Every time the mother has spoken publicly I have been reminded immediately of Susan Smith. I'm not sure why. It's not the content, but, maybe, mannerisms. IDK.

Every time the mother has spoken publicly I have been reminded immediately of Susan Smith. I'm not sure why. It's not the content, but, maybe, mannerisms. IDK.

You're not the first person to say this. Unless of course you've said it before on this thread lol. I can't remember who has said it.

You're not the first person to say this. Unless of course you've said it before on this thread lol. I can't remember who has said it.

I have said it. So have many others.

Unrelated. For local folks WRAL/WILM has a reporter on scene now. Unfortunately it is my least favorite person they have. But that's ok. They are there.

I said it earlier when we were discussing parents that are guilty and on tv pleading for the return of their children.

For some unknown reason Susan Smith came to my mind immediately.

I don't think Mariah disappeared from that trailer three nights ago. There would have to have been evidence of her going missing and there is none.

To find pajamas on the floor means nothing. There could be dirty clothing all over depending on how housekeeping was done.

The scent dogs found no scent.

I'm really curious to know who the last person, other than mom and boyfriend, to see her.

Surely her ten year old brother could be of some help.

Watching them makes my heart just ache for the officers, knowing they are looking for a small, presumably deceased child has to be heart wrenching. If they've found her, then how sad for these officers. I just imagine their sadness.

I know. I can only imagine the horrors they have to deal with, weather they find her or not.

Is this still officially a search and rescue?
Great question. If they are still looking for people who saw the family Sun and Mon, then there could be a possibility she went missing while they were out of town. How are they deciding where to search? She could literally be anywhere unless a witness has come forward or someone has confessed. If abducted, she could be anywhere...alot of resources going towards the search and how are they prioritizing? Would love to know if they have cell phone pings or witnesses saying they saw something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I said it earlier when we were discussing parents that are guilty and on tv pleading for the return of their children.

For some unknown reason Susan Smith came to my mind immediately.

I don't think Mariah disappeared from that trailer three nights ago. There would have to have been evidence of her going missing and there is none.

To find pajamas on the floor means nothing. There could be dirty clothing all over depending on how housekeeping was done.

The scent dogs found no scent.

I'm really curious to know who the last person, other than mom and boyfriend, to see her.

Surely her ten year old brother could be of some help.

bbm - That's news to me. Was this reported or is this an assumption? Scent dogs or cadaver dogs? Inside the home or in the woods? Thank you for clarifying.

Great question. If they are still looking for people who saw the family Sun and Mon, then there could be a possibility she went missing while they were out of town. How are they deciding where to search? She could literally be anywhere unless a witness has come forward or someone has confessed. If abducted, she could be anywhere...alot of resources going towards the search and how are they prioritizing? Would love to know if they have cell phone pings or witnesses saying they saw something.

I also mapped where they live and lots of woods!

I feel for the Sheriff... I don't think public speaking was at the top of his reasons why he wanted a job in law enforcement. I know it comes with the job but maybe he didn't expect something this high profile.

My dad has said the same about sportsmen and women who don't come across well in interviews. They didn't decide to become a professional athlete just to get interviewed on tv! They want to play sports. The sheriff wants to get on with finding Mariah. IMO.

The FBI on the other hand probably get lots of training in public speaking whereas this sheriff probably doesn't have that option.

I wish I could help with the search. But I live on the other side of the Atlantic :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks for this! I work with a guy who doesn't say much even when talked to. He has been in the office a year and finally yesterday, I think I understand his standoffishness. In a meeting he was talking and has a slight speech impediment. He is a really smart engineer but that could be missed when hearing him speak. So..yeah, some people aren't polished or necessarily comfortable, but might be technically great at their job.

Saw this on twitter, they are searching with the lights right now.

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/EOrtizTV/status/936366015646183424[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member