Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so, i'm not a lawyer but based on that warrant, it doesn't appear he murdered mariah at all. I mean, if he confessed to moving her body and all that other jazz wouldn't he have also confessed to her murder in the course of the interrogation? And would they not have arrested him for the murder? I know some people have mentioned they are waiting to find a body as a possible reason for why they haven't arrested him for murder but if they didn't need a body to arrest him on these charges why would they need one to arrest him for murder?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>I still say Mariah was murdered before Thanksgiving :(

I don’t think he confessed to anything. I think forensic evidence led to these charges.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought. If there was enough forensic evidence for probable cause that he moved her body surely they would be enough to charge him with murder if no confession is involved.

Well, I've seen that on Desperate Housewives years back (anyone else?) but that would be dumb to conceal a body after an accident like that. I believe this is something more calculated.

Agreed, I was just trying to think of a scenario where the dressers would fit. That having been said, I think that the boyfriend is probably more impulsive than someone who is capable of long-range planning and plotting that would make sense to anyone who wasn't also a meth-head.

Nah. It just means they got him to at least confess that Mariah died somehow and he disposed of the body.:

"Earl. We just need you to tell us what happened. We are going to find out eventually but if you help us things will be better. We know sometimes accidents happen. Things can happen we don't plan. That we didn't want. It doesn't mean you're a bad guy. But we know something happened in that house. We found Mariah's blood everywhere. We just need you to do the right thing and help us find her. We know she is probably not alive anymore. Just help us out and we can help you out. People will understand that an accident happened. But if you don't talk people will think something worse. Just tell us where she is. We know she isn't alive. You need to tell us."

(Sobbing). "It was an accident. She fell. I panicked. So I hid her because I didn't want anyone to think I hurt her. I can't remember where I put her though."
:) then they put him on ice with a $1.0 million bond and let him think about it some more.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

My theory on the dresser: he hit Mariah, she fell on to their own dresser and died as a result (head wound). In an effort to cover up they got rid of their own dresser and thought it better to replace it or it would look odd. So he stole a dresser. :thinking:

Agreed, I was just trying to think of a scenario where the dressers would fit. That having been said, I think that the boyfriend is probably more impulsive than someone who is capable of long-range planning and plotting that would make sense to anyone who wasn't also a meth-head.
That's an under statement. Heck, he has no idea what he's doing.

<modsnip> I still say Mariah was murdered before Thanksgiving :(

That is what I was thinking. I think FBI gave us an unofficial hint when they kept asking the public if they saw the family over Thanksgiving. They knew the timeline but was looking for evidence to nail it.

<modsnip> I still say Mariah was murdered before Thanksgiving :(

I think so too. Didn&#8217;t he recently go visit family without Mariah and her mother sometime prior to or around Thanksgiving?

Just a thought. If there was enough forensic evidence for probable cause that he moved her body surely they would be enough to charge him with murder if no confession is involved.
Maybe not. They're probably waiting for COD

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I think so too. Didn&#8217;t he recently go visit family without Mariah and her mother sometime prior to or around Thanksgiving?

Yes, and there's no proof of Mariah and mother being there, her fb , now, down, she says she sorry she couldnt be there. So, what were you doing and why does he have HER 2 boys with him????

My theory is that he whacked her in the head with a dresser drawer -- not a "door" -- and killed her "accidentally."

[Only a theory]

JMO, I think someone had a flipping out drug episode and Mariah happened to be the chosen one at the wrong time

Maybe not. They're probably waiting for COD

Good point. I can see that being the case if he is claiming it was accidental. If he says it was an accident they can't call it homicide without a determination from the M.E. I would imagine.

Yes, and there's no proof of Mariah and mother being there, her fb , now, down, she says she sorry she couldnt be there. So, what were you doing and why does he have HER 2 boys with him????

Well that sure puts a spin on things..... hmmm!

I don't see someone who just killed his girlfriends 3 yo stopping to steal anything, least of all this cheap furniture. Not even if there isn't a stick of furniture in the whole mobile home. MOO

IMO....I don't think it has anything to do with it. As well, I don't believe their timeline of events.

I hate to say this, but.... could boyfriend have sexually assaulted Mariah?

Please do not make accusations against any individual who is not a POI/suspect (that includes mom).

Also, re posts to the effect of "I think I read or saw somewhere" or "not sure I can post this" ... if you can't link it, don't post it !! It is considered rumor and rumor posts get removed.

:wave:

My understanding was she didn't go see her side of the family at thanksgiving but they all went elsewhere together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214