Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So nobody else thinks the dressers could have been used for a bonfire somewhere? Wonder if there is a burn out anywhere near that mobile home?

My understanding was she didn't go see her side of the family at thanksgiving but they all went elsewhere together.
The mother didn’t go to see her family, the boyfriend took the 2 boys to his family’s per photographs. It’s unknown whether Mariah and the mother also went.

It wouldn’t be unreasonable in normal circumstances for a parent to stay behind with a poorly child so the rest of the family didn’t miss out on a trip. It would also make a great excuse. Jmo.

So, I'm not a lawyer but based on that warrant, it doesn't appear he murdered Mariah at all. I mean, if he confessed to moving her body and all that other jazz wouldn't he have also confessed to her murder in the course of the interrogation? And would they not have arrested him for the murder? I know some people have mentioned they are waiting to find a body as a possible reason for why they haven't arrested him for murder but if they didn't need a body to arrest him on these charges why would they need one to arrest him for murder?

<modsnip>

Also thinking since he magically got a high power attorney, the attorney may of not allowed for a murder charge since they can’t/haven’t found a body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My .02 ..... the suspect is waiting for her to be decomposed enough for COD to not be available. So, no evidence of sexual assault, bludgeoning, gunshot, etc. :(

Also thinking since he magically got a high power attorney, the attorney may of not allowed for a murder charge since they can&#8217;t/haven&#8217;t found a body.

I highly doubt he had anything to do with that attorney repping him and so far as I am aware a defense attny can't stop a prosecutor from filing charges. They can certainly object to charges but that doesn't mean anything.

Would a fire set in a place where a tide comes in at another time of day burn and then leave no trace? Those inland marshes may have tides too, as close as they live to the ocean.

My .02 ..... the suspect is waiting for her to be decomposed enough for COD to not be available. So, no evidence of sexual assault, bludgeoning, gunshot, etc. :(

That's a good idea but I don't think Earl is bright enough to think that far ahead. Not to mention, it's NC in the winter, that body is gonna be hanging out pretty intact for awhile, esp if she was buried.

ETA: a word

Also thinking since he magically got a high power attorney, the attorney may of not allowed for a murder charge since they can&#8217;t/haven&#8217;t found a body.

This is an unemployed man, I doubt he has a high-powered attorney at this stage in the game. Those come at a premium. And charges are not dictated by a defense attorney. If that was the case, we'd have no one in jail.

I highly doubt he had anything to do with that attorney repping him and so far as I am aware a defense attny can't stop a prosecutor from filing charges. They can certainly object to charges but that doesn't mean anything.
I agree, I also think we might be seeing the LE&#8217;s &#8216;we have one shot we need to do it right&#8217; approach in play. Secure some concrete charges, add others when the case is strong not just persuasive ... I&#8217;m not sure of the US terminology regarding required burdens of proof, but I&#8217;m sure you&#8217;ll catch my drift!

A rehash from transcript from Nancy Grace podcast:

Woods: &#8220;Earl, her boyfriend, beat R with a belt and left bruises. And they tried to cover it up and say he fell off of a bunk bed. &#8220;

Grace: &#8220;Are you saying this about the live-in boyfriend?&#8221;

Woods: &#8220;The live-in boyfriend, he&#8217;s the one that beat R with a belt, and Kristy covered it up.&#8221;

Woods also said that a neighbor who lives close to Hunter and Kimrey claimed that she witnessed Kimrey leaving out of the back door of his trailer at around 3 a.m. on Monday morning, and he seemed to be carrying something &#8220;limp&#8221; in his hands.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/11/...ed-child-abuse-and-possible-neighbor-witness/

This is an unemployed man, I doubt he has a high-powered attorney at this stage in the game. Those come at a premium. And charges are not dictated by a defense attorney. If that was the case, we'd have no one in jail.

Where did you hear he was unemployed? Mutli news sources have stated that he is a HVAC technician. I was under the impression that it is his income that was used to support this family.

Please do not make accusations against any individual who is not a POI/suspect (that includes mom).

Also, re posts to the effect of "I think I read or saw somewhere" or "not sure I can post this" ... if you can't link it, don't post it !! It is considered rumor and rumor posts get removed.

:wave:

Bumping

Press conference at 330 or 4? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads