Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the attorney was next on the court’s list for those who do pro bono work.

I do think it's possible, but still believe Mariah was gone long before he stole the dressers. It's so hard for me to wrap my brain around how someone could spend 2 years in the life of a 3 yr. old little girl and throw her away like a piece of garbage or worse yet, attempt to erase her existence all together. For now, I'd prefer to hope that he placed her one of the drawers as a makeshift coffin and buried her before lighting fire to the rest of the dressers to burn any clothing, evidence, etc. I know it's a long shot, but so unfathomable to me how anyway could do this after being a fixture in her little life.

Where is it listed that he set fire to the dressers?

Wally Paramore isn’t exactly “high profile”. He has been a divorce attorney, real estate attorney and general practice attorney. I know this personally as he handled my divorce. He’s among a group of now criminal attorneys on rotation for pro bono cases and just happened to get both the Laurean case and this one. You’re talking about a small, rural town where residents go outside of the area when possible to secure attorneys.

“High profile” was the description given in a news article this morning.

Federal criminal defense attorney Walter Paramore, who once represented Marine Cesar Laurean in a high profile murder trial, will be counsel for Kimrey for now.

http://m.wect.com/story/36977168/ar...isappearance-missing-girl-believed-to-be-dead

Defense attorneys can be appointed by the state. I am not admitted to practice in NC, but in my states, you volunteer with the state to be appointed pro bono counsel as volunteer work. When the need arises, and it seems to fit with your skills, you are appointed as counsel. Defense lawyers consider it their duty to defend their appointed client just like they would any other client. A great deal of defense work involves protecting the rights we all have from state overreach. If we didn't defend the worst amongst us, our rights would mean little for the rest of us. Just IMO.

Thank you, that is very interesting. I actually just saw a report on dateline (or something similar) on the current shortage of public defenders in Louisiana. So that makes total sense. Thanks again!

I'm thinking fire. Two dressers to keep it burning. Horrible to write.

This was my thought too. The dressers must not have been in great shape since they were only worth $40, so he also could have just said he was burning them to get rid of them, if anyone asked.

Thanks for putting that timeline together. It's very odd.

I hope so. Too often I see the women who sacrifice their kids on the altar of "I need a man with a desperation and selfishness that far supersedes my love for my vulnerable kids" getting off scot free.

I'm sick of that.

However sometimes there is hope. One case that was particarly egregious but atypical in end result was the case of little Emma Thompson. The "mother" brought her precious child to the doctor with a rash that turned out to be genital herpes and bruising around her waist. But she wasn't removed from the home because they couldn't figure out who caused it. And couldn't "prove" sexual intercourse!

Then, mom, who is a nurse, superglued her little girl's head wound together instead of getting her treatment because she wanted to protect the new man who had raped and beaten the child.

Of course Emma died.

She was covered in 80 bruises, bite marks, had several broken bones, internal injuries, vaginal tearing.

Mom got 20 years for lying to every person who could've helped when she knew her criminal, child abusing boy toy was raping and battering her baby and allowing him to do it. (Actual conviction was for rape I think). I'm glad she got 20 years. But I was surprised. It's rare.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chro...kle-as-she-gets-max-in-daughter-s-1706825.php

Of course. The moment I heard she didn't immediately call the father to see if he had taken Mariah, I knew she was dead and the mother knew it.

Ditto. That was indeed a profound post.

Maybe Emma's Mom received time because as a nurse she's a mandatory reporter?

It wasn't. My response was to a post discussing the relevance of the stolen dressers. Only speculating, sorry for any confusion.

It's not listed that he set fire to anything. The dressers were described as possession of stolen items.

If they were burned or dumped, then I don't think it would be possession?

I also can't imagine him wanting to do any carpentry job on the dressers to use them as a 'coffin' or anything like that.

It could have just been opportunism, maybe a friend or acquaintance wanted dressers and he knew they were in that abandoned house and grabbed them on his way back from dumping Mariah's body, and planned to sell them for $10.

Given the state of the abandoned house, could he have also dropped off some soiled items in that house thinking that they'd just fit in with the rest of the filth in there?

This was my thought too. The dressers must not have been in great shape since they were only worth $40, so he also could have just said he was burning them to get rid of them, if anyone asked.

Doesn't the temp need to be quite high as in a crematorium, for bones to be totally destroyed?

"Due to evidence gathered*during the course of the investigation, it is believed that Mariah Woods is deceased. At this time, the location of Mariah Woods is unknown. The searches will now shift to a recovery process, according to the press release.

Kimrey has a criminal history that dates back to 2005, a larceny conviction in Alamance County. He was given probation and a suspended jail sentence. He was convicted in Onslow County in 2012 of assault or threatening of a government official and being drunk and disorderly. He was given probation and a suspended sentence. In 2015, he was convicted of larceny, this time in Brunswick County. He was given probation and a suspended sentence."

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/earl-kimrey-arrested-in-case-of-missing-3-year-old-mariah-woods

40c0eea04d46f863113331f22beca39d.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

(OT. I am so tired of whatever it is that grabs my Websleuths page and zaps me to another page! )

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of Mariah's case. This thread is not about you !

It is not a venue for any member to attack other members personally. Bickering or personal attacks can/may result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. If your post has been removed, there is a valid reason. Please do not continue to discuss it.

Stick to discussing the case and within The Rules.

Thanks.

Did the presser start yet? If so, does anyone have a good link?

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of Mariah's case. This thread is not about you !

It is not a venue for any member to attack other members personally. Bickering or personal attacks can/may result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. If your post has been removed, there is a valid reason. Please do not continue to discuss it.

Stick to discussing the case and within The Rules.

Thanks.

I love you , Billy!

I’m watching on wcti12.com.

Edit : it’s over 4:06 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From presser-

Will not comment on whether or not EK is cooperating
No more volunteer searches
Asking for surveillance video from Sunday the 26th to Monday 27th near search areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat