Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I remember from the presser was a vague statement to the effect of we are using information gathered..not that it came from someone.

You are probably right. I may be mixing the two pressers together into one [emoji51]

Link to Saturday 3:30 presser so I can watch later

http://wlos.com/news/videos/developing-press-conference-for-mariah-woods-case

Edit - oops that’s the later presser after she was found

Here is the earlier one right before around 3:30 or 4 I think

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll-l3RvZUtg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who was posting during his court appearance!

I was not able to watch because my dog is very ill :( I will have to come back to this thread later or tomorrow to catch up.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with that case. I have to presume that the examination was done by the child's personal physician who made the report to CPS. If the children were already removed by CPS because of abuse they would have sent the child to the doctor to be examined for evidence of abuse. CPS wouldn't have returned the child to the mom if their own physician said "Hey, these kids have healed broken bones, bruises and little Mariah is being sexually abuse."

In the Sherin Mathews case, what you described, literally happened. The child's personal physician alerted CPS to multiple fractures,with various levels of healing, and CPS shrugged and returned her to her abusers. She was eventually thrown into a culvert, by her adoptive parents, dead at age 3.

It was way too common that CPS overlooks or underestimates, reports of abuse or negligence. Sadly...:rose:

I was not able to watch because my dog is very ill :( I will have to come back to this thread later or tomorrow to catch up.

Poor doggy, I hope your dog feels better soon!

Will the state automatically give custody of brothers to their dad?

Without more info, I am not sure that would be best...Better than where they were, for sure, though. He and his girlfriend did say that the children were doing better in school when they were with them, but those were his words. And how much better could they have been doing if they were only there for 30 days? I know, though, that tremendous change can be seen in a short time when the children feel safe and secure. I have seen it in my grandson since my son got custody for the majority of the time.

:(

sorry to hear that!

Without more info, I am not sure that would be best...Better than where they were, for sure, though. He and his girlfriend did say that the children were doing better in school when they were with them, but those were his words. And how much better could they have been doing if they were only there for 30 days? I know, though, that tremendous change can be seen in a short time when the children feel safe and secure. I have seen it in my grandson since my son got custody for the majority of the time.

Cases are complicated, well some of them are. The custodial parent will get their children back after the treatment plan is successfully completed or the case has no findings to continue. The other parent if they were granted custody for any given time , know from day one that it is not a permanent decision when they have the kids while the other parent gets better. The boys need to be with a family member otherwise more issues will arise.

In the Sherin Mathews case, what you described, literally happened. The child's personal physician alerted CPS to multiple fractures,with various levels of healing, and CPS shrugged and returned her to her abusers. She was eventually thrown into a culvert, by her adoptive parents, dead at age 3.

It was way too common that CPS overlooks or underestimates, reports of abuse or negligence. Sadly...:rose:

The physician who reported th abuse in that case actually specializes in abuse. So even more horrifying that nothing was done.

I hope your pup recovers quickly! It's always horrible when pets get sick. My dog was diagnosed with bone cancer 5 weeks ago...she's just now showing signs that point to a heck of difficult decision I have to make, probably in the next couple days. This website is my escape right now or I would sit and cry all day!

But I can't help but think of how upset I get when she shows the slightest sign of pain...it kills me. Which makes it so so hard to understand how someone could hurt an innocent child and then dump the body like it's trash.

Any good MSM recap of the hearing?

If I lost a child in this way the last thing I would do would be on social media, out in public, talking to media, creating gomefund accounts etc - I would be locked away some place privately grieving.

They would have to commit me into a mental institution. There is no way I could stand in front of a camera.

I hope your pup recovers quickly! It's always horrible when pets get sick. My dog was diagnosed with bone cancer 5 weeks ago...she's just now showing signs that point to a heck of difficult decision I have to make, probably in the next couple days. This website is my escape right now or I would sit and cry all day!

But I can't help but think of how upset I get when she shows the slightest sign of pain...it kills me. Which makes it so so hard to understand how someone could hurt an innocent child and then dump the body like it's trash.

Prayers for anyone dealing with sick fur babies or sick family members. There is no good time for that to happen and the holiday time makes it even harder.

This case is such a tragedy and has been emotionally difficult to follow. The caring people here make it a little easier to follow along. Just so glad they were able to locate the child. So many cases the person never is found. Whoever is culpable for her death will have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Hope the two other boys end up with caring and loving parental guidance which is what any child deserves. Thanks to everyone for keeping us updated on all the news and sharing all the heartfelt responses.

A lot of times family has a statement given to the press or a spokesperson read it. I don’t think anyone expects Mom/dad or grandma to get on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member