Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so, the maternal gma, whose mate has a drinking problem and "hasa volatile relationship" w the kids father, is where the kids should be? bull crap.
I noticed that too. What the Hell? Sounds to me like they should be moved out of state,away from any,and all family.
Sadly.
Those poor boys. CPS better not Screw up anymore, they have caused enough damage, by not protecting these children.
Good Grief.

We still don't have COD on Sherin Mathews, but both parents are in jail on charges of neglect, and the father's charges include having neglected her in a way that produced her death. So I do not worry that these parents might not be charged with more as well. They are simply covering all bases so that they can charge them with the maximum, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

(Just the words "Sherin Mathews" and "parents" takes me from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds on the anger/upset scale. I am so sickened I can't even be in that thread. I have to say the feeling is similar here but I am hanging in here so far some how (probably subject to change). I can only pop in Sherin's thread for small doses, a couple minutes or so....)

I haven't heard of this before...is this something that is often done? Tia.

I believe that they do that in Kentucky. There was a conversation I had with someone and they mentioned that technique. They could determine if the father was doing drugs around the son which was against court orders.

Well...that's kinda creepy looking. It looks like a little girl's hair bow. I'm a guy so I'm not over familiar with women's hair bows but does that look a little too juvenile to anyone else?

I agree, it looks like a child's hair bow!

BBM
This makes perfect sense as I have never been able to get that powder out of those cans, and into a bottle, without spilling some. When you move the canister, to wipe up, it does look like you have chopped out a line of coke on your counter top.

Thanks for the corroboration rsd :) I'm not actually as obsessed with this pic as I appear. I just think it is ironic that we've been joking about powdered formula being mistaken for cocaine IRL for years and here it looks like the exact situation may be under inspection here.

We won't know if KW did remember the detail until they tell us. Liars remember the truth but they have a difficult time remembering their lies.

Indeed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot believe a child with mobility issues would not be put to bed without a pull-up or diaper. Even when my children were out of diapers/pull-ups at night, I would occasionally find wet pants or pee puddles in between their beds and the bathroom when they couldn't quite make it in time after waking up in the night.

I'm not ruling out Mariah having a bed-wetting accident as the cause of this. Maybe woke up wet and walked out of her room, where EK told her to go back to bed, and when he realized she was wet, he hurriedly tried to get her changed and flipped out either because she was crying or because of the inconvenience. If he'll destroy a car because he was out of smokes, I can't imagine what he'd do if they were out of pull-ups or if he was mad about someone not putting her in a pull-up.

If they got home late that night, I could see skipping out on a pull-up to avoid the risk of waking a sleeping child to put one on. I know we did it lots of times over the years, and then cussed ourselves when we were washing wet sheets the next morning or had a kid come lay in our bed soaking wet and we had to wash two sets of bedding :doh:

ETA: I also think this is why they were so specific about the underwear. As someone mentioned up-thread that it seemed odd that they knew specifically what underwear she was wearing (and that she was only wearing underwear), it was probably because they had just recently seen her in them. I don't think I could tell you what underwear my kids were wearing even when they were little and I got them dressed.

My guess is that KW changed her into them after her death and it didn't occur to her that she should have put on a diaper and a shirt if she wanted LE to believe the child disappeared while asleep in bed.

Anyone know if she had another tubal after Mariah was born? Terminating parental rights is not enough.

If it is any consolation, EK and KW 's life is ruined anyways. EK will have karma in prison and KW will be held responsible in Juvenile court for her lack of parental actions. The accusations of abuse are pretty severe and she will not get away from it. I wouldn't be surprised if her parental rights are terminated.

Well...that's kinda creepy looking. It looks like a little girl's hair bow. I'm a guy so I'm not over familiar with women's hair bows but does that look a little too juvenile to anyone else?

I think the color and size is a bit ridiculous.

I'm 48 and have long straight hair. Once in awhile I put a tiny little black or off-white leather bow on one side to keep my bangs out of my face. I've been told I look really young for my age and I hope that's not why. LOL I do get lots of compliments for some reasons on the tiny bows.

OMGosh, I just saw the bow picture. How crazy looking. What the heck is wrong with KW's teeth. That bow picture is haunting me - I wish I could unsee it.

I haven't heard of this before...is this something that is often done? Tia.

Hello Margarita
If you are referring to hair testing I learned from another case about it.

Drug testing can be accomplished by LE in many different ways. One of the most common we hear about is urine testing. Another is blood testing. And even a third form of testing can be done using hair.

Certain drugs can show up in hair follicles. I think it is a more costly testing so you dont hear about it as often but it is done on occasion. Some employees will test employee applicants using hair samples.

The reason hair testing can be beneficial is it gives you a longer history of potential drug use. The length of ones hair grows at a documented pace and the testers can tell about when a certain drug was ingested depending on where on the hair the drug was found.

So like for employment where a person decides to quit using just to get a job the hair testing can show that the person used a certain drug three or four months ago or more depending on the lenght of the hair.

They usually take samples of certain sections of the hair which represents a certain number of months ago. So for example they may test the very bottom near the root and a place near the middle and a place near the end to get a better idea if a person used drugs at some point.

Both have pinpoint pupils. Just noticing.

My guess is that KW changed her into them after her death and it didn't occur to her that she should have put on a diaper and a shirt if she wanted LE to believe the child disappeared while asleep in bed.

Isn't it possible that Mariah was already toilet trained or is 3yo too young? I can't quite remember, been a long time since I've had any little ones around.

Anyone know if she had another tubal after Mariah was born? Terminating parental rights is not enough.

She may have become pregnant with Mariah very soon after the ligation, because she had ovulated just before it.

Isn't it possible that Mariah was already toilet trained or is 3yo too young? I can't quite remember, been a long time since I've had any little ones around.

My girls were fully toilet trained by 3.

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. Has anyone else noticed that Mariah is not wearing leg braces in any photos? I know she was supposed to have them but I can't find one picture with her wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste