Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a press conference the FBI agent said the case is now a homicide. They must have evidence to come to this conclusion, IMO.

Even homicide means killed by another person...but does not always mean intentional killing. Jmo but it can also include manslaughter.

"The father of the 3-year-old who’s captured the hearts of the county and beyond laughed, even as tears dried on his cheeks, while he remembered his little girl.

“She loved to dance,” Alex Woods said of his daughter, Mariah. “Especially in the car.”

Standing next to him, Woods’ fiancé Heather Craft laughed along and they spoke of how Mariah would fall asleep in her car seat, cheese dust from a snack covering her face and clothing, but hear a good beat come on and she’d wake up and start bouncing her head along to the music.

Mariah loved her siblings, both her two brothers and Craft’s children, too. She’d wake up the whole house, running from bed to bed and telling everyone to get up, they said.

Craft’s daughter would carry Mariah around on her hip, and Craft said she and her children fell in love immediately with Mariah, with her big blue eyes and curly hair.

“She was just so smiley and happy and carefree,” Woods said. “She was a happy little baby.”"

So, did she put her leg braces on by herself? I'm not understanding how it was possible for her to run from bed to bed.

In a press conference the FBI agent said the case is now a homicide. They must have evidence to come to this conclusion, IMO.

Do you have the direct quote? I was thinking they said "being investigated as a homicide" but I can't be sure...

Does that mean it would be possible she could be impregnated again?? Dear Lord, I hope not.

She may have become pregnant with Mariah very soon after the ligation, because she had ovulated just before it.

Depending upon autopsy results...if cause of death can be determined, it may still be impossible to say she was intentionally killed, much less by which person. I feel like this is why they are using the term "unnatural death" and why the only major charge right now is concealing the body. This case might be difficult to prove as murder, if no one believable tells what happened. And how can either adult here be believed?

In the case I mentioned earlier (from ID last night) the mother hid the child's body and said she suffocated by accident in her bed. It could not really be proved as murder and she served about 15 years.

Neither adult can be believed but the autopsy also might show some serious signs of neglect such as broken bones or tox results.

NOVEMBER 19?????? and she deleted this post pretty quickly, right? I know her mom died a year ago, in Nov. It could be related to that. Similar to Lisa Irwin - her g'mother died within a year or so before baby Lisa disappeared, IIRC.

attachment.php
This one?

So, did she put her leg braces on by herself? I'm not understanding how it was possible for her to run from bed to bed.
They have said before that her disability didn't stop her from chasing her brothers.

EK’s FB account posted Feb 2015. To me it looks like it could be drugs chopped up on the corner of the table.
a4950fb05fc7929f79546000fcf3f7fe.png

I agree they would not leave their drugs out on purpose, but if they had just used and were nodding off then the drugs would be easily accessible to that poor littlr girl.... sorry this was meant to reply to a post but guess I am not 100% sure on how to post here

I'm new too, we'll see if that worked. This was the pic in question (that I'm totally not obsessed with, I swear). Clearly not nodding off here, so unlikely the possible mess/reflection on the near corner of glass table is drug residue (esp pot, heroin or meth in my humble undereducated in this regard opinion). But you are absolutely right that when one is nodding off, or even "higher than a Georgia Pine", there would be more possiblity of a half-used stash being left out to be accessed by little ones. Again, IMHO.

ETA: I don't think Mariah got into drugs in this case at all and don't intend to bring the pic endlessly. I am just a long time lurker who was also once upon a time a local to this area; so this picture conversation prompted me to register finally.

Neither adult can be believed but the autopsy also might show some serious signs of neglect such as broken bones or tox results.

True but those results would not prove intent to murder, imo.

Hello Margarita
If you are referring to hair testing I learned from another case about it.

Drug testing can be accomplished by LE in many different ways. One of the most common we hear about is urine testing. Another is blood testing. And even a third form of testing can be done using hair.

Certain drugs can show up in hair follicles. I think it is a more costly testing so you dont hear about it as often but it is done on occasion. Some employees will test employee applicants using hair samples.

The reason hair testing can be beneficial is it gives you a longer history of potential drug use. The length of ones hair grows at a documented pace and the testers can tell about when a certain drug was ingested depending on where on the hair the drug was found.

So like for employment where a person decides to quit using just to get a job the hair testing can show that the person used a certain drug three or four months ago or more depending on the lenght of the hair.

They usually take samples of certain sections of the hair which represents a certain number of months ago. So for example they may test the very bottom near the root and a place near the middle and a place near the end to get a better idea if a person used drugs at some point.
UK case - author Helen Bailey - her partner drugged her with his sleeping pills in increasing doses for 4 months before suffocating her when she was sleeping. We thought he might have been crushing them up and putting them in her drinks or food. He then dumped her with her dog in the septic tank beneath their garage, and told everyone she left him. Fortunately she had done some searches on her computer for why she kept falling asleep during the day. Police found her and her dog 4 months later, and managed to determine from toxicology testing on her hair that she had been drugged.

IIRC, in the notes released by dad, he mentioned that when Mariah was in his care, the therapy was helping her to walk better. Not sure if we can really believe anything KW has said, but it wouldn't surprise me if she lacked getting the medical attention when she had her. MOO

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. Has anyone else noticed that Mariah is not wearing leg braces in any photos? I know she was supposed to have them but I can't find one picture with her wearing them.

AW stated in his court docs that Mariah was doing better with walking in his care - that Mariah wasn't getting her PT with KW, so maybe KW wasn't using her braces either.

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. Has anyone else noticed that Mariah is not wearing leg braces in any photos? I know she was supposed to have them but I can't find one picture with her wearing them.

Onslow Sheriff’s Office thanking those who assisted in the search for Mariah. There are many...

Onslow County Sheriff's Office
1 hr ·
Onslow County Sheriff’s Office
717 Court Street ∙Jacksonville, NC 28540
(910) 455-3113
RELEASE DATE: 12/6/2017

NEWS RELEASE
Onslow County Sheriff Hans J. Miller, the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Command Staff & all OCSO employees would like to express our deep appreciation for the help from all of our local, state and federal law enforcement, aviation, fire/rescue & all other government agencies who assisted us between November 27 to December 4. 2017 with the search for and the investigation into the disappearance of little Mariah Woods, 3 years of age. The agencies who assisted were:

https://www.facebook.com/onslowsheriff/posts/1963966743868042

Buttons are wonky for me right now. So thanks and welcome to all the Newbies

“"The respondent mother failed to protect the juveniles from discipline by Mr. Kimrey,” according to the report.

One of the boys officials that they’d seen alleged sexual abuse on Mariah by Kimrey and said Kristy Woods allegedly knew about the sexual abuse as well as Kimrey’s alleged use of marijuana, heroin, and methamphetamine, according to the report.

The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

ive read about this meme several times but this is the first time ive seen it. it was the 19th. was she seen on thanksgiving? I had suspected she was gone previous to when reported. but ive not been able to ascertain whether anyone actually saw her thanksgiving.

attachment.php
This one?

I don't think they know exactly where just from the charge. its just obvious she wasn't killed in the swamp.

hm...good post...i've been questioning why they haven't named COD since "he is charged with disposing of a body that died from unnatural causes". if they know her death was "unnatural" that early on they must have SOME idea of how she died. also, his charge of removing her from the scene of her death points to them knowing exactly where she died. so if they have the how and the where, they're obviously struggling with the who. kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste